What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigenous All Stars reach out to bullied nine-year-old

ed612313

Juniors
Where is the father?

My kid is suicidal.
Do I
A) comfort them?
B) shove a camera in their face and film them in utter despair while offering no support, and running commentary on his break down?

Just an observation, He accuses his mom of not caring and he said she "called him the dumbest kid in class"

I smell a rat.... Time will tell.

beave

Coach
I honestly feel like there’s more to this story than we are first led to believe.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
A little person that’s a popular U.S comic was the one that started the gofundme page that was mentioned. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dinklage got in contact with the family with the story going viral.
Brad Williams. Very funny guy

Perth Red

Post Whore
I honestly feel like there’s more to this story than we are first led to believe.

The kid certainly knows some choice words for a nine year old! Having watched the video in full some of his comments seem a bit strange but the anguish seems very real. Either way hopefully he finds support and some fun in life and comes out ok.

There's a few stories with pics circulating social media alleging this is a scam .
You'd hope not but it wouldn't be the first time shit like this has happened .
Be interesting yo see if there's any truth to it..
Regardless of what does come out bullying is still a major problem .

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's a few stories with pics circulating social media alleging this is a scam .

seemingly the doubters have been proven to be BS. In this day and age it’s understandable to be suspect of anything you see in social media, in fact it’s healthy to be sceptical imo, but seems this is legit. I am seriously worried about this kids psychological state given his language, terms he has used and threats to himself and others. Never mind the celebs sending good wishes, he clearly needs some psychiatric help.

Xcalibre

Juniors
I’m usually cynical of online fundraising campaigns because scamming wouldn’t be hard and many of them are for people who have just experienced a normal (albeit tough) situation.

I only watched the press conference with the mum and Cody Walker before commenting but have now watched the full “breakdown” video of the kid. Some of their language is questionable but the anguish and despair seems genuine and if you were copping abuse daily, of course you’d be at your wits end. I also felt uncomfortable that mum recorded it at all, but again she’s obviously at her wits end.

blue bags

First Grade
seemingly the doubters have been proven to be BS. In this day and age it’s understandable to be suspect of anything you see in social media, in fact it’s healthy to be sceptical imo, but seems this is legit. I am seriously worried about this kids psychological state given his language, terms he has used and threats to himself and others. Never mind the celebs sending good wishes, he clearly needs some psychiatric help.
thats 100% right, its all in the head, thats where the business is, take care of that 1st

Timmay

Juniors
I’m usually cynical of online fundraising campaigns because scamming wouldn’t be hard and many of them are for people who have just experienced a normal (albeit tough) situation.

I only watched the press conference with the mum and Cody Walker before commenting but have now watched the full “breakdown” video of the kid. Some of their language is questionable but the anguish and despair seems genuine and if you were copping abuse daily, of course you’d be at your wits end. I also felt uncomfortable that mum recorded it at all, but again she’s obviously at her wits end.
Nah mate, the little fella is a f**ken boss troll. Real recognise real and he got us all good. See, eg, here: https://www.starnow.com.au/quadenba...zP8WE0yfughWq7d5BI91tqUEZ6bAKUlq_jO61Hk#video

kdalymc

Bench
f*ckKKK the plot has certainly thickened today lol... hope its not a scam but f**king funny if it is

bileduct

Coach
There's videos of the kid waving around a fistful of assorted bank notes and photos of him in some brand label clothing which some people seem to have a problem with, but nothing I've seen suggests this is a scam.

This isn't the first time the kid and his mother have been in the news, and the mother seems to have been pretty consistent with her anti-bullying activism. But the crowdfunding campaigns, etc. are being set up by third parties with no apparent connection to the mother and kid, so I can't see a scam there either.

What is apparent, however, is that there are people out there spreading outright lies about them, such as the kid really being 18 years old.

Rhyno

First Grade

That was my first thought when I seen the video why would you film your kid crying from being bullied and upload it to the internet to further embarrass them and make the bullies pick on them more

Perth Red

Post Whore
That was my first thought when I seen the video why would you film your kid crying from being bullied and upload it to the internet to further embarrass them and make the bullies pick on them more

I guess after so many times you get desperate and in this day and age social media is by far the most potent For a) venting your emotions and b) raising awareness of an issue. Don’t judge her until you know her I say.

Latest posts