What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

franklin2323

Immortal
The F1 should be cancelled, that is an international event where people travel from all over to watch it.

If a player does get it in the NRL then yes expect the competition to be suspended for a few weeks but it will certainly come back.

You were saying though that you expect mass gatherings to be banned, I don't see that happening.

They want life to go as normal so it achieves the opposite doing that

Tommy Smith

Referee
Would the concern be that it could mutate if mass infections occur?
This is certainly a part of the currently unknown and potentially greater concerns.

How will the virus mutate? Are there different strains? Is it much worse if you catch it a 2nd time like Dengue Fever?

unforgiven

Bench
Yeah the way it escalates it’s doubling in cases every few days. So places go from 2 then 4 then 8 over the first couple weeks but you get very quick escalations after it’s gets to 50. Another Two weeks on from there you have thousands of new infections doubling every few days. At least this is what the doctor joe Rohan had on said had happened in China, Iran and Italy.
That he used unverified emails that passed through 4 people before he read them on air!

azza29

Juniors
It seems inevitable that we'll see games cancelled or played in empty stadiums at some point, only question is when. I suspect rounds 2 through 7 are all at risk at this point.

First Grade
I'm digging out my old Entrenching tool on the weekend, and digging some weapon pits around the perimeter of my yard. If only I had some bang sticks to defend my toilet paper.

coolumsharkie

Referee
If it puts a stop to sports in Europe and the US you definitely know its going to halt the NRL at some stage.

Lock-down for a month in Australia at least is inevitable, I just hope we do it sooner rather than later.

Better stock up on your favorite dunny roll.

betcats

Referee
It would cause more, putting all the vulnerable people together. Think Diamond Princess.

Cruise ships spread infections like none other. Keeping everyone trapped on the diamond princess wasn’t a proper quarantine to be fair, and it garaunteed that it would spread like wildfire to everyone else stuck on board. The fact that they were all in the more vulnerable class of people made it worse but keeping everyone stuck on a ship was a terrible idea in general(for the people on the ship), they should of all been removed and properly treated and quarantined.

Knight76

Juniors
Lol @ some of the comments in here. Just mind boggling to be honest.

So the Gov wont ban mass gatherings. Let's say the gov does not take that step, and every other step some in here call over reaction. And say the virus does continue to spread and infections increase to that worst case scenario level. These same people will then be saying how the Gov should have acted sooner, should have done more. And really, is the pm or premier going to want that being laid at their feet?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Lol @ some of the comments in here. Just mind boggling to be honest.

So the Gov wont ban mass gatherings. Let's say the gov does not take that step, and every other step some in here call over reaction. And say the virus does continue to spread and infections increase to that worst case scenario level. These same people will then be saying how the Gov should have acted sooner, should have done more. And really, is the pm or premier going to want that being laid at their feet?

I give it about a week.

Tooooks

Bench
1 in 17 chance of dying from an accident, 1 in 68 chance of being poisoned, 34% chance of getting cancer, 30% chance of getting cardiovascular disease, 8,000 fatalities per year from the kissing bug parasite......an estimated 1.16 million children dead of starvation and water related illnesses since the start of the coronavirus outbreak.

2% chance of dying from a bad flu?......"honey lets go and stock up on toilet paper" ....talk about shit for brains.

People are really missing the point. Poisoning, cancer, starvation etc aren’t contagious. Covid 19 will spread but the aim is to slow the spread and contain it as much as possible so our healthcare system can deal with it.

This virus will probably circulate perpetually now, so I don’t know how they’ll deal with that. Wait for a vaccine I suppose.