What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

The Marshall

Juniors
Pfft, arent Bulldogs RLFC in control of the LC.

So they are generously paying themselves.....
They would have been paying for it at the end of the year when the Football Club was short anyway they might as well get some advertising for their money. I’d be shocked if the Dogs got even close to getting a sponsor after last weeks incident and now this Coronavirus panic going around.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canterbury Leagues were the front of jersey sponsor for the club during the 1997 Super League season.

beave

Coach
Cowbs kit looked superb on friday at the ground. The grey bands being made of thin stripes is quite unnoticeable from a distance, they just look like normal grey bands on the OG 1995.

When they ran out onto the ground the I got goosebumps, it was so f**king good seeing them in what I believe they should retain for the rest of time.

Side note, the amount of the new home jerseys in the crowd Friday night was unbelievable, I have never seen so many new jersey’s being worn before, I’d love to see the merch stats for this new one because I reckon it’s smashed the previous out of the park.

MugaB

Coach
Cowbs kit looked superb on friday at the ground. The grey bands being made of thin stripes is quite unnoticeable from a distance, they just look like normal grey bands on the OG 1995.

When they ran out onto the ground the I got goosebumps, it was so f**king good seeing them in what I believe they should retain for the rest of time.

Side note, the amount of the new home jerseys in the crowd Friday night was unbelievable, I have never seen so many new jersey’s being worn before, I’d love to see the merch stats for this new one because I reckon it’s smashed the previous out of the park.
Definitely selling big, im a panthers fan and i bought their away strip, i collect good well made jerseys, and that is the best one from them in their 25 year history

yakstorm

First Grade
Canterbury Leagues took out a $46m loan in 2018, and still had $40m outstanding at the end of October last year... not sure they are really in a position to fork out extra money to the Bulldogs..

yakstorm

First Grade
I think you'll find they are in a very solid position financially the loan was for renovations.
https://canterbury.com.au/content/u...ry-League-Club-Limited-Financial-Report-1.pdf

Yes and no. Aware they took out the loan for Renovations, aware they are very rich from an Asset perspective, but also aware they took a big revenue hit last year (almost $10m turnaround from 2018), that patronage has halved with everything COVID19 and that the Leagues Club also told the Bulldogs at the start of the year that they couldn't 'bail them out' this year because they are cash poor and the $5.3m grant would be it.

Canterbury Leagues won't be going anywhere anytime soon, they have too many assets, and even with a patronage hit they'll still be turning over millions, but considering before the upcoming downturn even appeared they included in that linked report that cash flow will be tighter and they won't have the breathing room for new significant expenses without liquidating assets, I still feel they aren't exactly in a position just to hand over another million.

The Marshall

Juniors
Yes and no. Aware they took out the loan for Renovations, aware they are very rich from an Asset perspective, but also aware they took a big revenue hit last year (almost $10m turnaround from 2018), that patronage has halved with everything COVID19 and that the Leagues Club also told the Bulldogs at the start of the year that they couldn't 'bail them out' this year because they are cash poor and the $5.3m grant would be it.

Canterbury Leagues won't be going anywhere anytime soon, they have too many assets, and even with a patronage hit they'll still be turning over millions, but considering before the upcoming downturn even appeared they included in that linked report that cash flow will be tighter and they won't have the breathing room for new significant expenses without liquidating assets, I still feel they aren't exactly in a position just to hand over another million.
Huh? How has patronage halved due to COVID19? It’s possible it will but how can you state it as fact? Who said they couldn’t bale them out? The football club has the majority say on the Leagues Club board so I’d be interested to see where that came from.

flippikat

Bench

It looked kinda boring, until I zoomed & saw the subtle stripes on the top half and black-on-black shark. That's kinda cool.

Problem is, that kinda intricate stuff is lost when you see the jerseys from a distance. It just looks black.

Will be great for merch sales, though.

GAZF

First Grade
It looked kinda boring, until I zoomed & saw the subtle stripes on the top half and black-on-black shark. That's kinda cool.

Problem is, that kinda intricate stuff is lost when you see the jerseys from a distance. It just looks black.

Will be great for merch sales, though.
The Shark on the torso is goofy, but the rest of the design is great otherwise. Simple designs like these are where bespoke details such as the collar piping, striped cuffs, and bartacks really shine. Wouldn't want to see this all the time, but a nice understated design on the odd occasion is a nice change. The Sharks' home design looked fantastic outside of the shorts last weekend as well.