What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Saint Doc

Coach
Similar to Dragons, they could end up using it for Nines next year if it's happenin

hey Timmah since the Dragons used last year’s captains run jersey as this years Nines jersey, and now have used the same jersey (different colours) as this years captain’s jersey, do you think they’ll use this year’s captain’s run jersey as next years Nine’s jersey. I don’t think they will.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
And why are the Titans wearing their away jersey at home

tenor.gif

Nuke

Staff member
That Knights away is so bad.

It’s both simple and busy at the same time. Very poorly executed

The Knights alternate jersey is actually alright, but as you suggest, it's been poorly executed. I don't know why the design on the front couldn't continue around to the back. Then they could have had white numbers with blue outline. I think they could have kept the main shorts and socks with it too.
That's the way they had it for the NRL World Sevens in about 2003, and it was a great look.

images

sempmrh

Juniors
I wonder how many one-off jerseys we’re going to miss out on this year - and if the clubs will try to sell them anyway. I’m sure there’s probably inventory of ANZAC Day jerseys sitting in a warehouse right now - some clubs might have Indigenous jerseys ready, too.

Saint Doc

Coach
I wonder how many one-off jerseys we’re going to miss out on this year - and if the clubs will try to sell them anyway. I’m sure there’s probably inventory of ANZAC Day jerseys sitting in a warehouse right now - some clubs might have Indigenous jerseys ready, too.

perhaps they’ll save them for next year, as long as they’re not expecting major sponsor changes

The Marshall

Juniors
There have been a few murmurs about ISC and Classic having financial troubles over the last few years and this current situation won't help them at all. Now who knows if there was was any truth to those rumours but you'd think it will be a tough time for them with junior sport going down too.

Lucev23

Juniors
There have been a few murmurs about ISC and Classic having financial troubles over the last few years and this current situation won't help them at all. Now who knows if there was was any truth to those rumours but you'd think it will be a tough time for them with junior sport going down too.
All suppliers are going to struggle massively. The NRL situation is a disaster but junior/local sport is the real killer.

flippikat

Bench
All suppliers are going to struggle massively. The NRL situation is a disaster but junior/local sport is the real killer.

I wonder if that means international brands like Adidas, Nike & Puma will step into that vacuum.

Either by taking on the contracts under their global brand, or buying the local brand to operate under.

One scenario could be (for instance) Puma buying the ISC brand & assets, and using ISC for 2nd tier/community sports and branding all top-tier sports teams they have with Puma gear.

sempmrh

Juniors
That Warriors ANZAC jersey can go straight in the bin.

I don't like ANZAC jerseys - and event jerseys in general. If you're going to be paying tribute to a special cause (in this case ANZAC Day) you should be wearing your best, not playing dress up. Your home jersey (or your alternate in the event of a clash) should be your best. Sure, add a poppy, a sprig of rosemary or an ANZAC Appeal symbol. Maybe add some commemorative embroidery. That's it.

The only case where I'm fine with a special ANZAC jersey is for clubs that existed during that period - for example, a sky blue Roosters jersey.