What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs The Dragons

age.s

First Grade
I missed the first 20, so my impression of that game was that we were bog ordinary and very lucky to sneak a win. I thought they were better for 50 of the 60 minutes I saw, we just blitzed them when we weren't giving away cheap ball and field position.

Still, that's relatively encouraging. Our spine was on fire when they got room and Crichton continues to look electric with relatively little time on the park. Biggest concern for me was the edges in defense. Both centres looked shaky as did To'o and Mansour continues to struggle with the high ball. We need to be tighter as better teams won't give us the chance to come back.

age.s

First Grade
Also Fuimaono continues the long standing tradition of recently departed Panthers playing out of their skin against us. He was a deadset wrecking ball.

Pugzley

Booyah!!

UiLM3S_bJKUoXy33m6VTJStKz8OZSSe6yQaOsHWqa-pf4e-XXdhEFLdUHpMZ6S9ucbUr-PO1rQVZpMGrkuGG6iWsVCflqPBJFD3ZgzNlGoltQ7p2qA=w280-h211

Kilkenny

Coach
Entertaining game. We are that dumb though, luckily so are the Dragons.

Wouldn’t be changing our starting team unless Edwards is back. I know there’s a massive push for Crichton at the back but he was badly out of position for the Norman try. Aekins still hasn’t done anything to be dropped, thought he looked sharp with the ball tonight as well.

I’m so mixed on Martin. I get why people rate him cos he has some real quality in him then a minute later he looks like a RM Cup player. I think I prefer him in the middle or give Cartwright a run, I’m sure he’ll force his way back somewhere.

I rate Fui & was good to see him shut a few up tonight but not sure we stopped targeting him in defence. We completely neglected our left edge for 40 mins until Kikau came back on.

Tamou had a great game. Tetevano had a meh first stint but his second stint was a cracker. Thought we left JFH on there too long, Leota was the only middle forward making a dent either side of half time. Looked sharp again after he refreshed for 10 mins on the bench.
Pretty good summary although I thought Tetevano was good in his first stint.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Dragons showed up tonight. Fui couldn’t be stopped and Dufty was playing like a former Panther. Impressive to win considering the emotional high of beating the premiers last week. Quite often we’d show up one week then shit the bed the other to make the great win redundant. Good that it still means something.

Kilkenny

Coach
There's literally not a worse centre pairing than ours. Whare can put a hit okn. But both edges are paper f**king thin defensively.

@Kilkenny stand up for them now mate.

I’ve said consistently for a long time now, quite a few seasons we are paper thin in the outside backs, lack speed and quality. All I have said is the current outside backs are probably the best and only options we have outside finding a spot for Chrichton.

betcats

Referee
I missed the first 20, so my impression of that game was that we were bog ordinary and very lucky to sneak a win. I thought they were better for 50 of the 60 minutes I saw, we just blitzed them when we weren't giving away cheap ball and field position.

Still, that's relatively encouraging. Our spine was on fire when they got room and Crichton continues to look electric with relatively little time on the park. Biggest concern for me was the edges in defense. Both centres looked shaky as did To'o and Mansour continues to struggle with the high ball. We need to be tighter as better teams won't give us the chance to come back.

The blitz part was how the first twenty went, we could’ve had a few more tries. We completed 12/12 or something and had them on the ropes.

Kilkenny

Coach
The blitz part was how the first twenty went, we could’ve had a few more tries. We completed 12/12 or something and had them on the ropes.

Change could have to should have scored a couple more tries and that probably more accurately sums up the first 20 or so. Really should have been ahead 24-0 and take away the Dufty intercept and I think we go onto a comfortable win. Our own ineptness for a 10-15 minute period really gifted the Dragons there half time lead. While more than happy with the come from behind win and two points it was a tad disappointing given the way we allowed them to put five tries on the way we did.

MugaB

Coach
I am pretty confident for a big win tonight but the team needs to fix up that first 20 minutes.

The Dragons are not as bad as everyone is making out, if we give them the chance to get in a groove they could cause us a lot of problems.
Even with sims and Mcinnins out they have a decent team on paper.

Their forwards are strong, their halves can win games when they fire, their backs have a bit of potential, and as bad as Dufty is in defence he can set up and score tries.

We should beat them but i hope the team isn’t walking into this expecting an easy win.
Well in hindsight we fixed that first 20mins, we then shat the bed for the next 40mins, then a lucky win at the rear 20mins, not much else to say, a win but a very upsetting win, those forced passes and intercept made us look absolutely terrible, i hope most of it was on purpose, so the NRL can benefit of a pick the score at the TAB, coz we were absolutely shit, and lucky

GongPanther

Referee
He CAN play he is just sitting back a bit for Nathan by the looks.
I feel Luai is feeling his way into the side. For every game we play him, and the rest of the team, will improve. But Atkins should be given some fullback tutoring until Edwards comes back. Creighton a must, providing his positioning is at least marginally better.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well in hindsight we fixed that first 20mins, we then shat the bed for the next 40mins, then a lucky win at the rear 20mins, not much else to say, a win but a very upsetting win, those forced passes and intercept made us look absolutely terrible, i hope most of it was on purpose, so the NRL can benefit of a pick the score at the TAB, coz we were absolutely shit, and lucky

You get up and down performances early on. It is a different game if Yeo’s pass sticks to Whare

franklin2323

Immortal

The game changed when our inexperienced bench came on. They won’t do that every week

MugaB

Coach
You get up and down performances early on. It is a different game if Yeo’s pass sticks to Whare
Im not too upset about the intercept, maloney did that often, and you can stomach one in a game, but it was the chase, and defence after that drinks break that was hard to watch

Kilkenny

Coach
The game changed when our inexperienced bench came on. They won’t do that every week

The momentum shift was simply the Dufty intercept try. We score there its 18-0. I agree we did some dumb stuff in the back part of that first half but still at a loss to work out how we were behind at half time.

Latest posts