What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Gareth67

First Grade
My wife and l have been practicing 4m ‘social distancing’ for years.

I have had a cardboard cut-out of myself perched on my armchair for years now and each time Ethel is on the warpath she gives it hell , meanwhile I am out in the shed watching the telly with a nice hot cup of LAN Choo tea - it saves my poor old eardrums let me tell you .

I suppose that I had best take her to the optometrist one day soon . . .

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I have had a cardboard cut-out of myself perched on my armchair for years now and each time Ethel is on the warpath she gives it hell , meanwhile I am out in the shed watching the telly with a nice hot cup of LAN Choo tea - it saves my poor old eardrums let me tell you .

As a Young first year apprentice in 78, l was given some sound advice.

l was told if l stayed in the building game all my life, l’d lose my hearing and go deaf.

Let me tell you it’s paid wonders over the years, so much so, l’m still fond of my mother-in-law!

Last edited:

dragons girl

Juniors
Negatives:
Peoples lives outside football will be ruined more than anything anyone alive today has ever
Players need to realize that thousands of people have lost their jobs.And won't know when t they will return to work.They have mortgages and bills to pay.About time players gave back to the game that have given them so much.Take a big paycut and stop whinging about it, at this stage they still have jobs .

Gareth67

First Grade
As a Young first year apprentice in 78, l was given some sound advice.

l was told if l stayed in the building game all my life and l’d lose my hearing and go deaf.

Let me tell you it’s paid wonders over the years, so much so, l’m still fond of my mother-in-law!

Well my old man told me to take up an apprenticeship and you will always have work and have plenty of money to pay the bills - with enough left over to keep him in comfort in his old age .

The old devil was always thinking of himself , god luv him . However he was right and I never looked back.

However the most alarming aspect of your post OKB1 was that I began my apprenticeship as a Fitter and Machinist much earlier than yourself , in fact I was only paid $12 a week as a 1st year apprentice.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Well my old man told me to take up an apprenticeship and you will always have work and have plenty of money to pay the bills - with enough left over to keep him in comfort in his old age .

The old devil was always thinking of himself , god luv him . However he was right and I never looked back.

The most alarming aspect of your post OKB1 was that I began my apprenticeship as a Fitter and Machinist much earlier than yourself , in fact I was only paid $12 a week as a 1st year apprentice.

$12 dollars a week?

Wow, you must of just missed the rise & fall of the Roman Empire!

Errrr.......Sorry about that Chief, would you believe....

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
That is only on weekends Jimmy and I am afraid that they would not taste the best nowadays after they have been deodorized and disinfected !

Just whack a tonne of tomato sauce on, mate. As with Vegemite, this will fix most things*. It’s a shame a snag is available at Bunnings on weekends only. With the current economic nosedive, it might be a winner to keep common folk spending their hard earned, cold cash.

*Barring Covid-18.

Gareth67

First Grade
Just whack a tonne of tomato sauce on, mate. As with Vegemite, this will fix most things*. It’s a shame a snag is available at Bunnings on weekends only. With the current economic nosedive, it might be a winner to keep common folk spending their hard earned, cold cash.

*Barring Covid-18.

I prefer mustard on mine Jimmy , love the sausages when they are cold and slice them lengthways and whack the mustard on .:hotdog:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I prefer mustard on mine Jimmy , love the sausages when they are cold and slice them lengthways and whack the mustard on .:hotdog:

Now you’re talking.

:drooling_face:

I’ve got a few bangers at home, might wash a few down with the sponsor’s product tonight with self isolating and reading a good cricket book.

TruSaint

Referee
Paul Kent reporting from home...

91231811_1698713800267319_4648694755184607232_n.jpg