What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

LINESPEED

Juniors
My man tells me the Board hasn't forgiven him for reneging on the last deal with the Dragons and off to Murdock land.
CC

Our Board have singlehandedly trashed our Club since 2012.

They’re the ones who should be seeking redemption

Preferably on a cruise to Kamchatka

....but before they up anchor,
the least they can do
is announce the 2nd Coming
of Wayne
ASAP

That’ll give the team & the juniors a boost,
the wandering elites a target for 2021,

& The Waterboy the kick in the guts
he deserves

& death by the thousand cuts he’s inflicted on us

RIP McFail

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Isaac Moses.as the driver....probably could of guessed that
But in saying that very good player with a lot of energy and sneaky skill and change of direction
Assuming salary cap is the same in ligtht of other forwards are or will be on..he is close to being worth that.
Frizz, Klemmer,(1mill a year) Arrow, Tamou, all reportedly 750K + many others around that figure
I'd take him for around the 700-800 mark as a like v like replacement for Frizz

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Contracted until the end of 2021 with a club that gave him a shot at NRL. How does he repay them? By asking for an extra 200-300k a season or he'll go elsewhere.
Joke. Finish the contract at the mutually agreed price you muppet.

Agree completely. I think that has a lot to do with Isaac Moses' influence as well. He's a crook.

Still, i'd take him as a straight replacement for Friz.

BLM01

First Grade
Contracted until the end of 2021 with a club that gave him a shot at NRL. How does he repay them? By asking for an extra 200-300k a season or he'll go elsewhere.
Joke. Finish the contract at the mutually agreed price you muppet.
Ha..a player finish a contract at well unders
crush...that ship sailed 10-15 years ago
Isaac Moses..it starts and ends there

Crush

Coach
So if he came out here and played like dogshit do you reckon he'd say to Raiders "I'm probably not worth 580K the way I'm playing, just pay me 300K"???
Didn't think so.

qld redvee

Juniors
Crush /BLM01 -- This is where Vlandys and co must somehow step in and put a stop to these players throwing a tantrum ( instigated by managers ) and want out because they have a better offer elsewhere Honestly Bateman more than happy to come out at say 550 k changes manager who says your worth 800k .. bit more management fee for old isaac moses .. Maybe teams need to be given a transfer fee of say 50% for every year they are still under contract to original club . Canberra took the chance and deserve some compensation as he is part of long term plans .. And who knows what the salary cap will be next year so maybe Bateman will shoot himself in the foot

TruSaint

Referee
fb_img_1590200262715-jpg.38421

BLM01

First Grade
Crush /BLM01 -- This is where Vlandys and co must somehow step in and put a stop to these players throwing a tantrum ( instigated by managers ) and want out because they have a better offer elsewhere Honestly Bateman more than happy to come out at say 550 k changes manager who says your worth 800k .. bit more management fee for old isaac moses .. Maybe teams need to be given a transfer fee of say 50% for every year they are still under contract to original club . Canberra took the chance and deserve some compensation as he is part of long term plans .. And who knows what the salary cap will be next year so maybe Bateman will shoot himself in the foot
Cant do much legally..unfortunately. Contracts dont hold much weight.
The only thing I have always said that if a Player is contracted to club X on Nov 1 and starts there..he cant transfer in that year (i.e. until 31 Oct) in breaking a contract...
If he does not want to play then he sits the year out.
But if both clubs agree the following year he can be released if still under long term contract.

BLM01

First Grade
So if he came out here and played like dogshit do you reckon he'd say to Raiders "I'm probably not worth 580K the way I'm playing, just pay me 300K"???
Didn't think so.
So what is your point. If you were him and your manager told you I can up your salary by 40% would you lie there and do nothing and say Na... i am not worth it I am happy with what I am getting and you expecting him to do the same. Yeh right...what world are you in.
These guys only inetrest is make as much as they can and will do whatever it takes right or wrong move..

I dont blame him but it depends how clued up some of these guys are and how much from the manager they take or leave or whether they look at what they are being recommended. Some just follow their manager like a puppy..others Like Cronk had no manager and made his decisions to what suited him.

But what eventually does happen is...The market dictates value..not the player or his manager
His manager will stretch it for as much as he can get and encourage his client to do the same.
I have said a player will not play for unders (unless long term older player like Gallen who wanted to stay but rare) .
They never will nor will be encouraged by the manager too
If they play dogshit on 500K...guess what their next contract at NRL is.likely 350K or nothing..he may get his 550K at Toronto or Venezuela whereve his manager can find him a deal.

George Dragon

Juniors
bit more management fee for old isaac moses....
I would say a lot more, current contract is under a different manager so Moses is get zip this year and next.

Crush

Coach
So what is your point. If you were him and your manager told you I can up your salary by 40% would you lie there and do nothing and say Na... i am not worth it I am happy with what I am getting and you expecting him to do the same. Yeh right...what world are you in.
These guys only inetrest is make as much as they can and will do whatever it takes right or wrong move..

I dont blame him but it depends how clued up some of these guys are and how much from the manager they take or leave or whether they look at what they are being recommended. Some just follow their manager like a puppy..others Like Cronk had no manager and made his decisions to what suited him.

But what eventually does happen is...The market dictates value..not the player or his manager
His manager will stretch it for as much as he can get and encourage his client to do the same.
I have said a player will not play for unders (unless long term older player like Gallen who wanted to stay but rare) .
They never will nor will be encouraged by the manager too
If they play dogshit on 500K...guess what their next contract at NRL is.likely 350K or nothing..he may get his 550K at Toronto or Venezuela whereve his manager can find him a deal.
I think, and bare with me because this is pretty out there, that a player should negotiate a contract and then honour the contract :open_mouth:
If Bateman signs a 3 year deal at 580K and is killing it then good for him. His next contract he can demand more money.
Crazy concept?

BLM01

First Grade
I think, and bare with me because this is pretty out there, that a player should negotiate a contract and then honour the contract :open_mouth:
If Bateman signs a 3 year deal at 580K and is killing it then good for him. His next contract he can demand more money.
Crazy concept?
I 100% agree..but yes Crazy in the 2020's as I said that ship sailed in the 2000's.
No one holds them to account and I said what they should do ...never leave or swap at least between Nov 1 - Oct 31 if you start at a club...but even that will never happen.
If only...a contract was enforced

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Crazy concept?

Not a crazy concept. In fact a noble one.
However, honour and loyalty went out the window years ago. Sadly.

Cant count the number of players who leave midstream under contract. Managers get paid a nice % to keep this market going, and there is very little NRL can do about it.

It stinks, but its here to stay...

Dragon David

First Grade
Not a crazy concept. In fact a noble one.
However, honour and loyalty went out the window years ago. Sadly.

Cant count the number of players who leave midstream under contract. Managers get paid a nice % to keep this market going, and there is very little NRL can do about it.

It stinks, but its here to stay...
Yep, money speaks, loyalty takes a flying leap with a "see yas all later fellas, I've got what I want you suckers".

Crush

Coach
The thing with Bateman is he looked so good last year because he was playing in a great team full of belief. Well coached, well balanced and playing for each other with hunger throughout the whole playing group.
You put him in the Red V right now and he'd look like dogshit. He'd try hard for a few weeks but then just give up and go through the motions like the other 12 blokes on the field.
He stays with Raiders he could win a comp or two and be one of the best in the NRL.