What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

dungay dragon

Juniors
Your baseless character assassination of Jimmy is appalling. You’ve based it on assumptions, speculation, and straight up lies.

This is abhorrent behaviour.
lets not rush in and consider some of the names mentioned as replacements on the fox web site.
most are ;
past their best
injury prone
broken down
over rated
over paid
{ gee seems to fit the criteria here }
re graham
regrettably and typical of this Club , signed him at the wrong time , when in the twilight of his career
negotiations obv broke down about his on going future 2021 at the Club and the dummy was spat......
would appear that a new Coach has already been agreed upon , and the playing roster for 2021 is well n truly underway.....
more announcements will be forthcoming
time to give some of our up and comers a go..
Ford , Blacker , Host , Saab , Sailor Ramsey etc
On the player front , perhaps best to look at an in form pommy forward , and make a play for Burton and Creighton from the Panthers

SBD82

Coach
lets not rush in and consider some of the names mentioned as replacements on the fox web site.
most are ;
past their best
injury prone
broken down
over rated
over paid
re graham
regrettably and typical of this Club , signed him at the wrong time , when in the twilight of his career
negotiations obv broke down about his on going future 2021 at the Club and the dummy was spat......
would appear that a new Coach has already been agreed upon , and the playing roster for 2021 is well n truly underway.....
On the player front , perhaps best to look at an in form pommy forward , and make a play for Burton and Creighton from the Panthers
Did you quote the wrong person?

The Badger

Juniors
most are ;
past their best
injury prone
broken down
over rated
over paid
re graham

Old Timer

Coach
Your baseless character assassination of Jimmy is appalling. You’ve based it on assumptions, speculation, and straight up lies.

This is abhorrent behaviour.
You obviously can't read or comprehend as I have not assassinated his character whatsoever I have made commentary on what the club and he have done.

So lets have a look at what was actually said

"We made ourselves look like sluts on the deal" in other words we got f**ked over on the deal and allowed it to happen with ease and the player now wants out of a contract he signed. We have allowed ourselves to be f**ked over several times on this subject.

"Bring him here when he had no home to go to" no other club considered signing him or that he was worth signing for the deal offered when he was pushed out at the Dogs.

"pay big $$$ for his 35 year olde legs at the back end of his contract" so if he is getting the reported $650k / season for what he is providing and he has 35 year old legs that can't withstand the speed and pressure of the game then that is hardly assassinating him it is just a statement of fact.

"make him look like he was always a "Dragon, made him the front of house in the media" as was the case with Benji before him we let a Johnny come lately with no obvious heritage to our club and in fact a player better remembered for being in another jumper when playing at their best instantly become the face of our club within the media. There is nothing on highlight reals on youtube that will reflect that either Graham or Marshall were great Dragon men but the club kept trotting them out in an effort to garner support for the club despite the shit that was going on. They were puppets for the club.

"kept picking him despite a decided lack of previous ability" he has provided SFA on a continuing basis and has not performed anywhere near his best footy from his time at the Dogs and he kept getting picked and yet he was being dominated providing little on the field.

"let him point the finger at the fans" he has been doing that for sometime now and telling us most recently to get behind the coach yet despite that plea from him he is now wanting out.

"and as soon as Mc Humtydumpty has some real pressure applied to him "see you later fellas I'm out of here". Well am I mistaken that now that he is not being picked on a constant basis and that people other than Mc Humptydumpty are involved in selection he hung around for less than 2 weeks.

SBD82

Coach
You obviously can't read or comprehend as I have not assassinated his character whatsoever I have made commentary on what the club and he have done.

"We made ourselves look like sluts on the deal" in other words we got f**ked over on the deal and allowed it to happen with ease and the player now wants out of a contract he signed. We have allowed ourselves to be f**ked over several times on this subject.

"Bring him here when he had no home to go to" no other club considered signing him or that he was worth signing for the deal offered when he was pushed out at the Dogs.

"pay big $$$ for his 35 year olde legs at the back end of his contract" so if he is getting the reported $650k / season for what he is providing and he has 35 year old legs that can't withstand the speed and pressure of the game then that is hardly assassinating him it is just a statement of fact.

"make him look like he was always a "Dragon, made him the front of house in the media" as was the case with Benji before him we let a Johnny come lately with no obvious heritage to our club and in fact a player better remembered for being in another jumper when playing at their best instantly become the face of our club within the media. There is nothing on highlight reals on youtube that will reflect that either Graham or Marshall were great Dragon men but the club kept trotting them out in an effort to garner support for the club despite the shit that was going on. They were puppets for the club.

"kept picking him despite a decided lack of previous ability" he has provided SFA on a continuing basis and has not performed anywhere near his best footy from his time at the Dogs and he kept getting picked and yet he was being dominated providing little on the field.

"let him point the finger at the fans" he has been doing that for sometime now and telling us most recently to get behind the coach yet despite that plea from him he is now wanting out.

"and as soon as Mc Humtydumpty has some real pressure applied to him "see you later fellas I'm out of here". Well am I mistaken that now that he is not being picked on a constant basis and that people other than Mc Humptydumpty are involved in selection he hung around for less than 2 weeks.
Hey OT. f**k you and your digs at my comprehension. Your post is full of assumptions that you use to make shitty cowardly attack’s on a man’s character.

It’s appalling behaviour. I hope for your sake it’s not indicative of your own character.

denis preston

First Grade

Dont agree with everything you write OT but can't see anything wrong there. Character assassination is interesting ( when it was against the club not the player ) when we are talking about a guy who is a known biter ! Oh and you forgot to mention that the 600k he is getting this year is because of a option clause in the contract in his favour ! Great work by the club again on a a signing of a player clearly on the down curve of his career.

Old Timer

Coach
Hey OT. f**k you and your digs at my comprehension. Your post is full of assumptions that you use to make shitty cowardly attack’s on a man’s character.

It’s appalling behaviour. I hope for your sake it’s not indicative of your own character.
My statements relate to him as a footballer and an employee of the club and I make no comment about his personal character whatsoever so don't confuse the 2 matters.

What are the assumptions you refer to?

Who else offered to buy out his contract at the Dogs under the terms and conditions that were set?
Is he not 35 this year?
Does ne not have tired legs?
Did he not keep getting selected despite providing little?
Has his form with St GI been anywhere near the form that he displayed at the Dogs over many seasons?
Is he not now dominated by bigger and younger players and can no longer be a dominating force on the field?
Now that Mc Humptydumpty has been relived of singular selection power has James Graham's roll in the team not changed?
Has he not ask for a release all within 2 weeks of that change despite providing support for the coach and telling the fans to do likewise?
Has he not been trotted out in front of the media in his St GI regalia as a spokes person despite being at our club for but a very short time and that he is more remembered as a Bulldog than a Dragon?

Dragon David

First Grade
Jimmy Graham is a hard as nails rugby league player and has tried his best in the two and a bit years he has played for us. Unfortunately he doesn't offer much nowadays and leaving us will not be of great loss.

His request for an immediate release from his final year of his contract could be because he is fed up with all of the ups and downs of our club. I really don't know why he decided to take up the option to continue to play with us this year (does anyone know when he did take up the option?). If it was after the review of last year, then he might have thought things might change with Flanno coming? Hard to say!

It's been a topsy turvy type of year and maybe he cannot see much success in the club going forward and might want to spend more time with his parents back in the old dart with the problems of Covid-19 and possibly no future here or at any other NRL club.

In any case I wish him well and thank him for his services.

It wouldn't be any surprise to me that they might try and get Matt Prior to come back and play for us. I am sure that Flanno would love him here. He has won 2 grand finals 2010 and 2016 so can be very helpful to the younger players we should keep.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just a couple more thoughts on this:

- a new coach has been signed or close to being signed and has already indicated that Graham won't be a part of his new squad. Letting him go now would give him a chance to be ready for the SL kick off.

- a new coach could only be 1 of 3 candidates (imo).

- we may not have seen the last of jammer, in a playing capacity yes, but in another role maybe?

- the 'departure' of seemingly one of McGregors allies adds further evidence to the fact that his days are numbered.

These are just my thoughts.

SBD82

Coach
Bring him here when he had no home to go to,

Provide a source or it’s bullshit.

let him point the finger at the fans and as soon as Mc Humtydumpty has some real pressure applied to him "see you later fellas I'm out of here".

Are you going to claim that this was an endorsement of his character? Provide a source or it’s bullshit. And you’ve smeared his character with your bullshit.

Bad enough having blokes that can't play footy at the club but even worse is having blokes around who don't want to play for the club.

Provide a source or it’s bullshit

boardlumps62

Juniors
Jimmy Graham is a hard as nails rugby league player and has tried his best in the two and a bit years he has played for us. Unfortunately he doesn't offer much nowadays and leaving us will not be of great loss.

His request for an immediate release from his final year of his contract could be because he is fed up with all of the ups and downs of our club. I really don't know why he decided to take up the option to continue to play with us this year (does anyone know when he did take up the option?). If it was after the review of last year, then he might have thought things might change with Flanno coming? Hard to say!

It's been a topsy turvy type of year and maybe he cannot see much success in the club going forward and might want to spend more time with his parents back in the old dart with the problems of Covid-19 and possibly no future here or at any other NRL club.

In any case I wish him well and thank him for his services.

It wouldn't be any surprise to me that they might try and get Matt Prior to come back and play for us. I am sure that Flanno would love him here. He has won 2 grand finals 2010 and 2016 so can be very helpful to the younger players we should keep.
Could never understand letting Prior go to Sharks that was devastating for me why would he come back here. Get a young bloke young legs go fast.

Old Timer

Coach
Provide a source or it’s bullshit.

Are you going to claim that this was an endorsement of his character? Provide a source or it’s bullshit. And you’ve smeared his character with your bullshit.

Provide a source or it’s bullshit
You are totally delusional on this one.

1. If there were no alternate offers as per the conditions of the deal brokered by the Dogs then of course we were the only home for him. If I am incorrect then by all means tell me who we beat for his services under the conditions we signed him for?
  2. He is not the 1st nor the last player to say that the St GI fans want / expect too much and recently said we should all get behind the coach and inferred Mary was good coach as well as a good bloke now he might be a good bloke but James is talking bullshit calling him a good coach.
  3. Within 2 weeks of the BOD meeting that "endorsed Mary" and then the revelations that Mary no longer has sole selection of the side and the fact that Graham's role in the team changed to a 1 stint 20-30 minute player since that point in time he has toady said he wants to go back to ESL to be effective asap.
  4. To want to leave asap would indicate to me he no longer wants to play for our club otherwise why would he be asking for the release?
None of this assassinating his character it is merely pointing out what is happening here.

Latest posts