What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team - way too early speculation

bluefox68

Staff member
1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Tom Trbojevic
4. Wighton
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Murray

14. Radley
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Finucane
17. Haas

18. Lattrell Mitchell
19. Wade Graham

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
1 Tedesco
2 Tupou
3 Latrell
4 Trbojevic
5 Ferguson
6 Keary
7 Cleary
8 Klemmer
9 Cook
10 Haas
11 Cordner
12 Frizell
13 Trbojevic
14 Graham
15 Murray
16 Radley
17 Saifiti

18 Wighton
19 McInnes

I can see NSW picking a fast mobile forward pack. Starting big with Trbojevic starting and than later in the half bringing on Murray and Radley. Radley wouldn’t play many minutes but I think he would make a massive impact.

I think we can go with 4 forwards where we have utility value in Radley (hooker), Graham (5/8) and Murray (centre).

Bit controversial but I have gone with Tupou and Latrell to combine with Keary and Cordner on the left.
Wighton is very unlucky but I don’t see value for him on the bench compared to Radley.

Last edited:

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Do we know what the go is with Daniel Tupou? Has he been playing for Tonga because he has chosen them or because he wasn’t picked for Australia?

aqua_duck

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Tom Trbojevic
4. Wighton
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Murray

14. Radley
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Finucane
17. Haas

18. Lattrell Mitchell
19. Wade Graham
Strong team but imo Jake T should be one of the first picked and starting, Murray off the bench with his speed and mobility around the ruck and quick ptb. Also don't be surprised to see someone like Crichton back in the mix especially if the roosters make it deep into the finals

The_Frog

First Grade
1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Tom Trbojevic
4. Wighton
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Murray

14. Radley
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Finucane
17. Haas

18. Lattrell Mitchell
19. Wade Graham

On current form
4 Mitchell
13.Jake
15 Murray
16 Graham
17 Wighton

You need someone on the bench who can cover the backs at this level. Cook has some work to do to hold his position IMHO, especially in defence, but its early days. Frizell's form does not warrant selection at this stage. If Isaah Yeo keeps up his form and stays healthy he'll come into contention. Fergo must also be nearing his use-by date. I'm not keen on picking fullbacks out of position at centre either, but Turbo is a genuine utility back.

1. Tedesco
2. Sticky Fingers
3. Wighton
4. T Trbojevic
5. Addo-Carr
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. J Trbojevic

14. Murray
15. Haas
16. D Saifiti
17. Graham

Cleary saved ahead of Pearce due to the lack of recognised goalkicker.

myrrh ken

First Grade
On current form
4 Mitchell
13.Jake
15 Murray
16 Graham
17 Wighton

You need someone on the bench who can cover the backs at this level. Cook has some work to do to hold his position IMHO, especially in defence, but its early days. Frizell's form does not warrant selection at this stage. If Isaah Yeo keeps up his form and stays healthy he'll come into contention. Fergo must also be nearing his use-by date. I'm not keen on picking fullbacks out of position at centre either, but Turbo is a genuine utility back.

I think a lot would have to happen before wighton loses his spot to Mitchell. Gotta get the run on side right

I'm sure Murray or Graham could play centre if needed. Mind you Graham might not be there at all

Ah the ol Isaiah Yeo call. Up there with Bryce Cartwright for origin?

The_Frog

First Grade
Any different to last year?
Isaah? Well, yes, since you ask. Last year around this time he injured his shoulder playing in a team who were getting flogged every week and played on with it almost until the end of the season, even though his form was well down. This year he's back to his best. playing in a team in the top 4. You really ought to watch the game.

mongoose

Coach
I think Mitchell will be picked over Jack at centre just cause the media is obsessed with Mitchell. I'd have Keary/Wighton in the halves. Nathan can make tik tok videos on the sidelines

1. tedesco
2. ferguson
3. Turbo
4. Staggs
5. Addo Carr
6. Wighton
7. Keary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Salifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jake T
14. Murray
15. Fonua Blake
16. Haas
17. Graham

betcats

Referee
Ah the ol Isaiah Yeo call. Up there with Bryce Cartwright for origin?

Yeo is criminally underrated with comments like this. He is fourth for tackles made this season and no one else in the top five has better tackle efficiency than Isaah who has missed only 8 tackles all year. He also makes the the top 30 in the league for metres run and post contact metres and he has made 2 errors all season long. He isnt going to make the origin side but he certainly wouldn't be out of place if he did, he is a great player.

betcats

Referee
I think Mitchell will be picked over Jack at centre just cause the media is obsessed with Mitchell. I'd have Keary/Wighton in the halves. Nathan can make tik tok videos on the sidelines

There is no way they will pick Mitchell over Wighton IMO unless Jack gets drunk and decide to punch the f**k of a bunch of random strangers on the street again.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Yeo is criminally underrated with comments like this. He is fourth for tackles made this season and no one else in the top five has better tackle efficiency than Isaah who has missed only 8 tackles all year. He also makes the the top 30 in the league for metres run and post contact metres and he has made 2 errors all season long. He isnt going to make the origin side but he certainly wouldn't be out of place if he did, he is a great player.

Quicker just to say you prefer that bloke from my team.

betcats

Referee
Why is it stupid? He will never be picked for origin.

There I said it.

Mentioning him in the same sentence as Cartwright was stupid and the the comment about his form last year was stupid. If you had to ask that you havent watched him this year which means you are just talking shit.

I said myself he wont get picked this year but at 25 he has plenty of chances left. He'd be your best forward this year if you had him which really isnt saying much I know.

Latest posts