What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Rabbitohs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Just been reported that Hoffman is making his debut replacing Talau who has been ruled out due to hamstring injury.

At least we get to see the kid tho not good circumstances. Talau can certainly sniff out a try...Remember Talau (to me) didn’t show much before he settled in to the team so let’s hope Hoffman is the same.I heard a while back now good things about Hoffmans game. Like really good.

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
At least we are around the 8th spot why also giving potential future star players experience hopefully in the long run we can turn into a team that plays with the same intensity as last week every week no matter whether it's someones first game or if they have played 300 games. Roosters proved injuries are not an excuse.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If we had BJ and Twal id say we win and do so fairly easily. Without them plus the other outs it makes us 50/50 IMO. I’ve got a slight lean on Souths

Tiger05

First Grade
At least we get to see the kid tho not good circumstances. Talau can certainly sniff out a try...Remember Talau (to me) didn’t show much before he settled in to the team so let’s hope Hoffman is the same.I heard a while back now good things about Hoffmans game. Like really good.

I thought Talau was an overrated dud. He showed nothing consistently. He has been great the last couple of weeks.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I thought Talau was an overrated dud. He showed nothing consistently. He has been great the last couple of weeks.
“Overrated & showed nothing consistently”.The kid has only played 4 nrl games & has been a breath of fresh air on the left wing in his 3 appearances this yr.He is a genuine talent & theres never been any doubt about his ability.

His debut game on a thur nite at brooky vs a red hot manly backline was a tough initiation to the top grade & that game certainly didn’t provide a basis from which to judge him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
As long as Madge doesn't carry Taylor and Lawrence on the bench. We lose our middle advantage over souths with only 1 prop on the bench. Really disappointed McIntyre is out...I'm really liking what I'm seeing from him off the bench.

I'm hoping that part of the plan is to bring Benji on and just absolutely jam the spiral bombs down LM throat all day. He doesn't have the experience yet to field those bombs properly and will shit up his confidence.

We really need to play souths through the middle, their backs are light years ahead of ours its not funny

Pezz70

Juniors
Hoffman caught out twice. But really can’t complain we’ve got a second class side on the paddock. Boys have done ok to be 10-0 at half time. Not out of this. Might still steal it

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok the Charade is over, Benji back on...He only needs 1/2 a game or less to win this from 10 points down...

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Ok the Charade is over Benji back on...He only needs 1/2 a game or less to win this from 10 points down...
Benji got nothing, Mbye very ordinary that half. I called out Hoffman but the 2nd try was a result of a very poor shot from
Mbye on Mitchell. Most ordinary defence I’ve seen on left side this year

As soon as Cummins was appointed for this game I knew we'd struggle. The only penalty or 6 again we get is right on half time at the half way. That bunker call was a disgrace, Murray was never onside. I can see the penalty / 6 again count blowing out to about 15 to 2 and then when the game if well over he'll give us about 6 straight to make it look 'fair.' I can't remember the last time we won a game he handled.

Having said that we're shooting ourselves in the foot at every opportunity which isn't helping.

Tigerm

First Grade
As soon as Cummins was appointed for this game I knew we'd struggle. The only penalty or 6 again we get is right on half time at the half way. That bunker call was a disgrace, Murray was never onside. I can see the penalty / 6 again count blowing out to about 15 to 2 and then when the game if well over he'll give us about 6 straight to make it look 'fair.' I can't remember the last time we won a game he handled.

Having said that we're shooting ourselves in the foot at every opportunity which isn't helping.
Agree on the bunker call, the guy was clearly offside, how can you f**king miss something like that.:nerd::sunglasses:

Mbye and Brooks are a disgrace tonight, have to feel for that young bloke out on the wing he has been thrown under the bus by his inside men.

Latest posts