What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 30th July 7:50pm @Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Huge week this week as we look towards the Dragons on Thursday night. It's a short turnaround but I don't think that's such a bad thing because after a loss like we had last week, you want to get straight back on the horse as quickly as possible. You don't need me to tell you how big Thursday night is in the context of our Season, it is a must win game. We simply have to find a way to win. With respect to the Dragons, it is a winnable game for us but they certainly won't make it easy. As I said, must win! It is also Indigenous Round this week and we'll run out in our special Indigenous jersey. We all know our club's rich Indigenous history so that'll only add to the occasion and it's a chance to celebrate Indigenous culture.

As I mentioned, this is a winnable game but it will not be easy at all. After a slow start to the Season after the restart, our traditional rivals, the Dragons, have really picked their act up and are currently in form. They'll be as fired up and ready to go as ever so we will need to be on and match that. Their key players such as Ben Hunt, Corey Norman, Matt Dufty, Paul Vaughan and Tyson Frizell have really started to find their way and are looking in good touch. We'll have our hands full stopping them but it's so important that we do.

We are almost the opposite, while we haven't been playing super badly, we're not where we should be so we must see a big step up on Thursday. We need to sort it out and kick start our Season big time and that starts this week. I'm calling out our spine to lift because boy do we need it. Latrell returns and will be fired up for Indigenous Round and he's a massive in for us. Our attack has struggled without him so let's hope we can get back to the kind of attack we should be playing. And of course, once again, we must hold the ball. Every week I seem to say to myself "this is the week we complete well," yet it never happens. We must ensure that changes this week and we minimise our errors. We can't give St George Illawarra too many chances.

It's a big week, an exciting week. We can do this!

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Hoping Latrell doesn't get too emotionally involved and try and push the pass which he can do. He can try too hard sometimes.

God its frustrating following this rugby league team lol

Travitoh

First Grade
StGI have been playing some good footy lately. They're vulnerable defensively but aren't lacking in points.

Matt Dufty and Zac Lomax are both dangerous and could tear Souths apart.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Hoping Latrell doesn't get too emotionally involved and try and push the pass which he can do. He can try too hard sometimes.

God its frustrating following this rugby league team lol
IMO he needs to be a bit more "selfish" when we are attacking in the red zone because crashing fowards at the try line hasn't worked so far....
MUST WIN

callmack1

Staff member
Pass back, move forward - Traditional custodians honoured: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/27/pass-back-move-forward-traditional-custodians-honoured/

"I've been concentrating on the things I do well." - Dane Gagai: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/27/dane-gagai-round-12-media/

"We're not far away from where we want to be." - Adam Reynolds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/27/adam-reynolds-round-12-media/

"Storytelling is a big part of our culture." - Cody Walker: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/27/cody-walker-round-12-media/

So from what Reyno was saying, it sounds like Hame could be out. That's a blow for us, just can't catch a break with injuries at the moment.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
IMO he needs to be a bit more "selfish" when we are attacking in the red zone because crashing fowards at the try line hasn't worked so far....
MUST WIN

That's more of Cook having control and Reynolds not taking control and organising like he should be.
Souths Souths Souths... haha
St Merge have been a good team in recent weeks, here's hoping we can string a few good sets together build pressure and score some points.

callmack1

Staff member
Walker hopes Latrell's return for Indigenous Round provides spark: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/27/walker-hope-latrells-return-for-indigenous-round-provides-spark/

Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 12,

1. Mitchell
2. Allan
3. Graham
4. Gagai
5. Johnston
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'A
12. Sironen
13. Murray

14. Nicholls
15. Mago
16. Johns
17. Knight

This is what I think Wayne will name. Obviously latrell returns. AJ is in some doubt due to the short turnaround with his HIA so if he's out, Paulo obviously stays in the side. If AJ is back, I think Corey played great last week so he keeps his spot. I think the rest of the side will remain the same apart from the bench. I just have a feeling that Knighty will be back this week, that'd be a big boost, so he might get named. I also think Mago should come back into the side.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Walker hopes Latrell's return for Indigenous Round provides spark: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/27/walker-hope-latrells-return-for-indigenous-round-provides-spark/

Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 12,

1. Mitchell
2. Allan
3. Graham
4. Gagai
5. Johnston
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'A
12. Sironen
13. Murray

14. Nicholls
15. Mago
16. Johns
17. Knight

This is what I think Wayne will name. Obviously latrell returns. AJ is in some doubt due to the short turnaround with his HIA so if he's out, Paulo obviously stays in the side. If AJ is back, I think Corey played great last week so he keeps his spot. I think the rest of the side will remain the same apart from the bench. I just have a feeling that Knighty will be back this week, that'd be a big boost, so he might get named. I also think Mago should come back into the side.
What happened to Sele?
If he's fit and available, surely he's on the bench in front of Mago or Koloa?
Edit: Dang just read Sele is injured, that a big blow

callmack1

Staff member
Round 12 Line Up vs Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/28/round-12-line-up-vs-dragons/

Pretty happy with that! Obviously Latrell's return is a massive boost and it's great to see Paulo has retained his spot, well done to him. Good to see AJ named but I'm sure he'd still be in a little bit of doubt due to HIA protocols. I knew Knighty would be back!! Just had a feeling he'd return a week early. That's a boost to our pack. Excited to also see Mago return, hopefully some increased minutes for him.

Anyway, good Line Up!

This Year?

Immortal
As sure as the sun rises, we'll play you into form. I always dread facing Souths nowdays, especially during indigenous round.

Adam Reynolds always lifts as well. Souths record at Jubilee was poor before he came on the scene.

Having said that, this round honours the 1st people of our country and I hope the game is befitting of the occasion. I miss the days when we had our Koori corner.

callmack1

Staff member
It's come around quick but Game Day is here!! What a huge day it is for us. Playing a must-win game against a traditional rival in Indigenous Round. It doesn't get much bigger than that for a Regular Season game! As I said, we must find a way to slay the Dragons tonight there is no doubt about it, certainly a must-win. We need to put in a good performance.

I've seen some Dragons fans on various forums say that this will be an easy win for Souths but I don't see it that way at all. You look at how St George Illawarra have been playing lately and it's clear they've well and truely turned a corner and are playing some great Footy. Their side is stacked full off talent and we'll need to be on high alert when the likes of Dufty, Lomax, Norman and Hunt get the ball. I think the forward battle is the key tonight though. Our pack has been going well but it's time to step it up. The Dragons will be just as desperate as us for a win so no doubt they'll be fired up.

For us, I cannot wait to see Latrell return tonight. I'm really hoping he comes in fired up for Indigenous Round and the rest of the side gets on the back of that. As a team, we obviously need to be better. I feel like I say this every week but it all starts with completion rates. Tonight we just must hold the ball and execute a lot better, there's no two ways about it. I also hope we can come out with a similar defensive intensity to last week.

So yea, massive game, massive occasion! So much history in this rivalry! We can do it!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Ah yes game day is here, a win would make for a perfect upcoming weekend. We simply must win. A loss and we won’t be making the 8 for mine.

I know to many Dragons fans, we simply must win!

I AM STARTING TO FFIIIRREEE UUUPPPP!!

Glory Glory.

assess5

Juniors
You mad brah?

Gagai is an elite wing. If playing the better players in their strongest positions is inept then damn, you got me.

Don't matter were he play's he gives one hundred percent, can't ask better than that, mate, I'm tired of people like you running him down when people who understand the game, like the coach of some thirty years experience puts Gagai in the position the team needs most, so, yep I do guess I got you, you stupid f**king clown.

Travitoh

First Grade
Don't matter were he play's he gives one hundred percent, can't ask better than that, mate, I'm tired of people like you running him down when people who understand the game, like the coach of some thirty years experience puts Gagai in the position the team needs most, so, yep I do guess I got you, you stupid f**king clown.

Ok champ

Latest posts