What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs The Green Machine

betcats

Referee
We looked pretty good with May at centre against Manly, let him switch with Aekins on those right side backline plays similar to the Naden try. Bring Kenny onto the bench and play him at the same time as Api. Api can roam a bit in the ballplaying lock role while Kenny is on.

hindy111

Post Whore
I be honest.
When Ivan released Maloney,Blake,DWZ,RCG along with Peachey let go end of 2018 I wondered if it may go pear shape.
In the most common 22 man rotation he blooded

Aiken,Too,Burton,Luai,Leinu,Staines,Martin,Naden,Crichton,Kenny,Burns.

That is 11 guys he found to play a role. The side is extremely fit and well drilled. It is now the best young squad in competition.
A couple of things if 100% fit.

* Liam Martin or Capewell
* Staines or Too or Mansour
* Naden or Whare
* Leinu needs a spot imo. His legs are like tree trunks. I watch him and wonder if he can be the best of the middles in the squad. I think it 2yrs time he might be. Reminds me of Fonua Blake.

MugaB

Coach
Whare to centre, Naden to wing otherwise as per last week's final 17 I'd imagine.
I love nado on the wing, he is perfect height size for those cross field kicks but To'o aggression and staines speed beat nado in the worth on field stakes...
Then MWZ and Sauce

I be honest.
When Ivan released Maloney,Blake,DWZ,RCG along with Peachey let go end of 2018 I wondered if it may go pear shape.
In the most common 22 man rotation he blooded

Aiken,Too,Burton,Luai,Leinu,Staines,Martin,Naden,Crichton,Kenny,Burns.

That is 11 guys he found to play a role. The side is extremely fit and well drilled. It is now the best young squad in competition.
A couple of things if 100% fit.

* Liam Martin or Capewell
* Staines or Too or Mansour
* Naden or Whare
* Leinu needs a spot imo. His legs are like tree trunks. I watch him and wonder if he can be the best of the middles in the squad. I think it 2yrs time he might be. Reminds me of Fonua Blake.

I’m hoping Leniu becomes our very own Jason Taumalolo. He’s off to a good start

GongPanther

Referee
No he's a Roosters fan. A bit of friendly trolling both ways between Panthers supporters and a few Roosters ones.

Going back to 2014 where Panthers finished top 4 without a big scalp in the regular season. Panthers kinda screwed the whole finals series in beating Roosters and putting all the injury depleted sides on one side of the finals draw while the heavyweights had to play each other to get into the grand final.
A finals match that series has an image buried into my mind, with DWZ losing the ball close to our line, then the Berries scored in the next set.

He still screwing up right to this day.

GongPanther

Referee
Wet weather could suit the Raiders more than us. Maybe a dour contest favours them more than it does us.
We beat GC on a wet track, and with heavy rain in the 2nd half. We are also playing much better than the Easts and Storm wins. Always on the improve, and I think we will soundly win across the board.

mxlegend99

Referee
Individually he’s a better player, but Whare means shifting Naden to the wing. I’d rather we keep Naden at centre so he can keep improving.
Also Whare at centre is holding his winger back from being able to score. Why cripple Naden to fit Whare in?

In 7 games his winger only scored 2 tries. He scored none... And set neither try up.

In the 5 games he didn't play..
R8 no try on right edge.
R9. Staines 4 tries. Naden 1 try.
R10. Naden 1 try (Burns try assist after filling in for injured Whare)
R11. MWZ 1 try.
R12. Staines 2 tries. Naden 1.

So in 7 games with him (cowboys game shouldnt count against him. 6 mins is effectively not playing at all). Our right centre/winger scored 2 tries. Strike rate of 0.28 tries per game.

Round it up to 5 games without him. Our right centre/winger scored 10 tries. A strike rate of 2 tries per game

Pretty enormous change to our scoring ability and our points conceded was pretty much the exact same too.

Pomoz

Bench
He reminds me of him but I didn't want to put too much pressure. If he becomes as good as Fonua Blake it wouldn't be terrible. Great forward.
I'm a Fonua Blake fan too. I thought we might struggle the Manly pack with Fonua Blake, Tapau and Trbojevic, but our forwards controlled them and rolled up the field to dominate field position.

Blake's season average is 193m, against us it was 138m and Tapau was only 91m. Contrast that with the Panthers' props. JFH 165m, Tamou 170m, Leota 144m, Tetavano 111m, Leniu 92m. To be honest, we owned their forwards. BTW Leniu run for 92m in 22 minutes!

The people saying don't keep Tamou are crazy, he is playing as well as he ever has and he looks in great physical shape. I think it will be the dollars that stop this, we just have so many good players right now.

Munky

Coach
The Raiders have a hard pack with no easy contact (like ours).

It'll be a tough game and complacency will be a killer.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm a Fonua Blake fan too. I thought we might struggle the Manly pack with Fonua Blake, Tapau and Trbojevic, but our forwards controlled them and rolled up the field to dominate field position.

Blake's season average is 193m, against us it was 138m and Tapau was only 91m. Contrast that with the Panthers' props. JFH 165m, Tamou 170m, Leota 144m, Tetavano 111m, Leniu 92m. To be honest, we owned their forwards. BTW Leniu run for 92m in 22 minutes!

The people saying don't keep Tamou are crazy, he is playing as well as he ever has and he looks in great physical shape. I think it will be the dollars that stop this, we just have so many good players right now.

Tapau form nose dived last year and is getting worse this season. Counting the no 13 as a middle forward Marty doesnt make the top 15 at present. He doesn't break tackles anymore and has an average work rate and average defense.

The only issue with keeping Tamou is the money, he’s easily playing well enough to be re-signed. But we have so many players coming off contract at the end of 2021, is keeping Tamou for 2-3 years worth losing someone? Hard call, glad I don’t have to make it.