What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

maple_69

Bench
And now for something completely different.....

Wins From First 13 Matches- NRL Era (Stripped Points Counted as Loss, Draw Counted as 0.5 wins, only competition leaders shown)

11.5 Panthers 2020
11 Storm 2019, Storm 2017, Storm 2016, Rabbitohs 2013, Storm 2012, Storm 2007, Broncos 2005, Sharks 1999, Knights 1998
10.5 Dragons 2011, Knights 2001
10 Panthers 2018, Broncos 2015, Manly 2014, Dragons 2010, Storm 2006, Roosters 2004, Broncos 2003, Broncos 2000
9 Bulldogs 2009+, Manly 2008
0 Bulldogs 2002++

+2 points stripped
++ All points stripped

You have to go back to 1995 to better our record. Manly were 13 from 13 that year.

Thanks for sharing! Outrageous that Melbourne have been 11-2 all but 1 season of the last 5. Comparing their back end they went 9-2, 8-3, 9-2 and 8-3 In the last 4 years.

Interesting that they didn’t post a better record in the first 13 even in their stripped years and Dogs illegal year was 11.5 as well. I forgot they were on that outrageous 17 game winning streak that year.

WestyLife

First Grade
Thanks for sharing! Outrageous that Melbourne have been 11-2 all but 1 season of the last 5. Comparing their back end they went 9-2, 8-3, 9-2 and 8-3 In the last 4 years.

Interesting that they didn’t post a better record in the first 13 even in their stripped years and Dogs illegal year was 11.5 as well. I forgot they were on that outrageous 17 game winning streak that year.

It's because breaking the salary cap allowed them to keep combinations they otherwise might not have for 200 games or more.

Jane Murray

Bench
Where did Ivan accuse anyone of corruption?

He left your shitty club mate, he saw where you were heading and got off the bus at the first stop. Now he’s dominating the NRL, your pathetic attempts to belittle him on here only make you look silly and amuse the rest of us.

I don’t understand why you continue? Please do though, because I love your pathetic attempts, I think they are great!

two thumbs up from me! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree. His comment could have been taken either way. I just loved it when V'landys said that he didn't want to preempt any punishment, but, he did.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Apparently our CEO has asked for the post game coach interviews to be scrapped.
I think that’s a great idea, they offer nothing more than controversy.
I cant see how they benefit the NRL at all.

I never watch them anyway. Most of them are utterly boring. Journo's ask the same question 6 different ways. Trying to trap you.
If I was a coach at a presser I would be like Bennett. One word answers. Just to screw them.

betcats

Referee
I dont like it tbh, I dont see why they are making a big deal of this, that comments was always going to be fined. The press conference after the game is probably part of the NRLs contractual obligations for one thing. NRL coaches are well paid, just do the interviews and mind what you say about refs.

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont like it tbh, I dont see why they are making a big deal of this, that comments was always going to be fined. The press conference after the game is probably part of the NRLs contractual obligations for one thing. NRL coaches are well paid, just do the interviews and mind what you say about refs.

To take the focus off the team. We continue to get very little hype for a team running 1st with 7 games left

The_Frog

First Grade
To take the focus off the team. We continue to get very little hype for a team running 1st with 7 games left
I noticed even on Gus's show they blather on about the Broncos having their worst season ever, but gloss over our best season ever. This unfortunately is the nature of media, and no doubt the nature of the audience. Excellence is nowhere near as interesting as mediocrity.

WestyLife

First Grade
I noticed even on Gus's show they blather on about the Broncos having their worst season ever, but gloss over our best season ever. This unfortunately is the nature of media, and no doubt the nature of the audience. Excellence is nowhere near as interesting as mediocrity.

As someone who has created media I can say it's the drama. You get twice as many eyes on the product if the topic is controversial or dramatic.

Last edited:

Latest posts