What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
I noticed even on Gus's show they blather on about the Broncos having their worst season ever, but gloss over our best season ever. This unfortunately is the nature of media, and no doubt the nature of the audience. Excellence is nowhere near as interesting as mediocrity.

TBH I think the club wants that. Not like we are trying to get bums on seats

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the media generally have been veryimpressed and complimentary about our season to date.

I read a few murmurs we have been favoured by the draw and not having to travel on the road but more the most part mostly positive.

I haven’t really thought too much about it perhaps the draw has been in our favour. Don’t really care if it has to be honest, these things have a habit of evening themselves out over time.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think the media generally have been veryimpressed and complimentary about our season to date.

I read a few murmurs we have been favoured by the draw and not having to travel on the road but more the most part mostly positive.

I haven’t really thought too much about it perhaps the draw has been in our favour. Don’t really care if it has to be honest, these things have a habit of evening themselves out over time.

Parra have like 14 home games.

As it sits now have only played 5 top 8 teams and used the least players... if anyone are frauds it is them

WestyLife

First Grade

We've played every top 8 team.

Kilkenny

Coach
Parra have like 14 home games.

As it sits now have only played 5 top 8 teams and used the least players... if anyone are frauds it is them

I think we have earnt our position on the ladder.

I must say I was optimistic of making the top 8 this season, albeit I was thinking of sneaking into 7th or 8th, as opposed to being in a position to make the top four.

The addition of Koroisau cannot be understated he has been huge for us, but at the same time the squad as a whole has really improved unimaginably and I guess that is a testament to the work of the coaching and support staff as a whole.

The most important phase of the season is yet to unfold and I take nothing for granted but I think we have a three year window even if we don’t achieve GF success this season.

We have a really talented squad currently and a large part of the credit for assembling this roster should be given to Gus regardless of any personal thoughts around him. He will be great for the Warriors providing of course he restricts himself to pathways and development and not interfere to much on the position of there newly appointed head coach.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think we have earnt our position on the ladder.

I must say I was optimistic of making the top 8 this season, albeit I was thinking of sneaking into 7th or 8th, as opposed to being in a position to make the top four.

The addition of Koroisau cannot be understated he has been huge for us, but at the same time the squad as a whole has really improved unimaginably and I guess that is a testament to the work of the coaching and support staff as a whole.

The most important phase of the season is yet to unfold and I take nothing for granted but I think we have a three year window even if we don’t achieve GF success this season.

We have a really talented squad currently and a large part of the credit for assembling this roster should be given to Gus regardless of any personal thoughts around him. He will be great for the Warriors providing of course he restricts himself to pathways and development and not interfere to much on the position of there newly appointed head coach.

We have earnt our spot..whether we can step it up when it matters is the doubt I have

Kilkenny

Coach
We've played every top 8 team.

Im not knocking us.

As I say I feel as if we have basically earned the right to be where we are.

But for six minutes against the Eels we could be undefeated.

This COVID shortened season was always a tough call on the NRL and the amended draw.

It is what it is I guess. Enjoy the ride I am.

WestyLife

First Grade
Im not knocking us.

As I say I feel as if we have basically earned the right to be where we are.

But for six minutes against the Eels we could be undefeated.

This COVID shortened season was always a tough call on the NRL and the amended draw.

It is what it is I guess. Enjoy the ride I am.

I was just answering your comment. I've seen the criticism around. People are seeing the second half of the draw and forgetting our start was difficult.

Kilkenny

Coach
I was just answering your comment. I've seen the criticism around. People are seeing the second half of the draw and forgetting our start was difficult.

It has been great even if we can’t be there. The game against The Raiders was only the 2nd game I have been to this season after the win against the Roosters in Round 1. Hopefully get tickets to our home game against the Sharks.

franklin2323

Immortal
It has been great even if we can’t be there. The game against The Raiders was only the 2nd game I have been to this season after the win against the Roosters in Round 1. Hopefully get tickets to our home game against the Sharks.

I have seen Round 1. Sharks, WT game and the games at Penrith. Just glad I can see any games

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We can't afford membership unfortunately. Is what it is.

That's tough. Totally understand. These days I live in regional nsw and buy a 6 game membership. Basically used it in one foul swoop when I invited my older bro, his daughter and partner to round 1. (my neice and her partner support the chooks). So it was teaseville for some of the night.

So I'm basically done for this year.

Jane Murray

Bench
I have seen Round 1. Sharks, WT game and the games at Penrith. Just glad I can see any games

You two are fortunate. Due to serious health issues, I can not risk attending games. When I venture out, and that is only for necessary reasons, I wear a mask. I can not risk getting COVID.