What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Not sure what it looked like on TV but it was raining all match. Very slippery.

I thought we were less klunky and switched the team about to rest most. Will Smith was good again. Moses trying to do it all on his own because Field is as useless as tits on a bull.
I just can’t see why Salmon or Taka haven’t been given a start in the halves.

Noise

Coach
I have never rated Smith, but credit where it’s due, he’s been pretty good the last two weeks. He has been given a simple game plan and he’s sticking to it.
Yep. Run if markers are out of position or a simple pass to either the forward or half. No kicking, no play making, no risky crash balls. And that’s all we need from him.

blue bags

First Grade
parra-fans-9100458.jpg

IFR33K

Coach
I don't think he is or ever will be, he made some steps last year ut he has gone backwards at a rate of knots this year. Blame the calf all you like but he either is invisible besides those bombs or overplays his hand quite badly. And i have no idea what Field is out there for.

Oh I’m not saying I agree. I’m just responding to avenger. Whatever the issue is, let’s hope it’s sorted

hindy111

Post Whore

I thought we were less klunky and switched the team about to rest most. Will Smith was good again. Moses trying to do it all on his own because Field is as useless as tits on a bull.

Field offers nothing. Johns goes on there is a real great player there. Unsure what he can see and I question his ability as halves coach based on this view. I've hear him say it multiple times.
If Browns out we need to move Smith to the halves. He is more accomplished and confident.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Field offers nothing. Johns goes on there is a real great player there. Unsure what he can see and I question his ability as halves coach based on this view. I've hear him say it multiple times.
If Browns out we need to move Smith to the halves. He is more accomplished and confident.
I’d leave Smith where he is and bring in Taka or Salmon. May as well bring in a bigger body in defence and let Paulo run the show in the middle and provide Moses and Taka/Salmon the space he creates.

Last edited:

Angry_eel

First Grade
Overall, I felt we played good enough. However, that Broncos try where neither Blake nor Ferguson chased the ball. WTF were they waiting for? Atrocious lack of effort.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think Paulo should become first choice this year, as I don’t think Drown has set the world on fire In attack either. I want Paulo touching the ball 3 times a set when we’re attacking the opposition line. He draws defenders and just seems to take the right option every time. The space he creates will allow Drown and Moses to chime in as needed.

It’s not conventional but it works and it’s a point of difference that might get us deep into the finals. The only downside is Moses might need to keep his ego in check now that he wouldn’t be running the show.

I tend to agree. We definitely need to come up with some options and that only appears as if it is going to be around Junior or Gutho. Use Moses and Drown (upon his return) simply to link/run/kick.

Gazzamatta

Coach

I was going to ask how we looked on TV because live we looked attrocious. Sadly I really dont think tonights performance would have beaten any team other than The Broncos. Canterbury would have put 100 on The GG's tonight. They were that bad. What the hell has happened to such a great group of players? They play like strangers. They were fantastic and now they most certainly arent.
Id be signing The Walker Brothers to replace Murphy and could we make it happen by breakfast tomorrow please.
The Tigpies next week is a huge concern. Yes we won and I'd always prefer to win but why have we deteoriated so much?

Eelementary

Post Whore
That or hand keys to Brown. Moses has no patience. He can't build a game or pressure.

My biggest pet peeve with Moses is that he crabs across the field, sees nothing is on, and dumps a pass to a teammate who then gets belted. Waqa, and Gutho, both copped big hits, because Moses refused to take the tackle.

He is a cat, and he isn't too bright.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Where you impressed? I thought we worked on different areas tonight. Moving ball a little more. Last week was about defense.
Problem is we found what worked and went away from it. 2nd half was ugly.

There was positive signs. There is a good team in there somewhere. Needs to gel fast

I know you asked Baz, but if I may take the liberty in answering your question:

I wasn't impressed, but I was pleased that we tried new things in attack; we went both ways; and increased our speed in attack.

Granted, Brisbane are an abysmal team, but still - our form over the last two months has been average, at best, so seeing some improvements is encouraging.

Whether they are enough to make a difference, however...

Status
Not open for further replies.