What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO DO WE FOLLOW IN THE FINALS ?

stryker

First Grade
Usually it is Melbourne that don’t have a higher gear come the finals but this year is suggesting that they do. They have barely been tested this finals series winning both games easily. Panthers have had to scrap pretty hard.

If Melbourne have saved a bit for Cam’s final game, they’ll repeat the 2017 GF where they did it in a canter.
If Penrith prevail, it will be the greatest and most deserving premiership in decades.

Intriguing game coming up from the ‘head and shoulders’ two best teams this year. I’m loving the way this season has turned out as a footy fan. Congrats to both and good luck.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
What game were you watching? He was riding souffs hard.

The game I was watching was between two teams I don't support so my bias was not influenced in any way....I agree, I thought Sutton was riding Souths, and not in the context you are referring to.

soc123_au

Staff member
The game I was watching was between two teams I don't support so my bias was not influenced in any way....I agree, I thought Sutton was riding Souths, and not in the context you are referring to.
Fair enough, I'm fair minded enough to admit my bias, but Souths had a lot go their way. Aussie Jim penalty for not touching Reynolds after the first set kick, dubious 6 again on the last attacking our line, forward pass similar to the Mansour one in the lead up to the second try, Gagai's 50/50 grounding sent up as a no try overturned, no penalty for the shoulder charge Allen was charged with, JFH penalty for having his arm headbutted are just off the top of my head.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Fair enough, I'm fair minded enough to admit my bias, but Souths had a lot go their way. Aussie Jim penalty for not touching Reynolds after the first set kick, dubious 6 again on the last attacking our line, forward pass similar to the Mansour one in the lead up to the second try, Gagai's 50/50 grounding sent up as a no try overturned, no penalty for the shoulder charge Allen was charged with, JFH penalty for having his arm headbutted are just off the top of my head.

My friend, I go back to my original post when I say Sutton is a sh#t ref. I agree there were too many refereeing mistakes and what you highlight are fair points. I just thought there were little things that helped, things like a little longer in the ruck, a little bigger 10. Not critical things that are blatant but just have you on the back foot. When it is my team playing I don't see them either haha.

As I say, my team was not in the game and maybe I am being a little harsh on the Panthers...but hey, you have a Grand Final week to enjoy. Good luck but it seems the Grand Final will be refereed by Sutton or Clown, so fingers crossed we don't have a GF with controversy like last year.

soc123_au

Staff member
My friend, I go back to my original post when I say Sutton is a sh#t ref. I agree there were too many refereeing mistakes and what you highlight are fair points. I just thought there were little things that helped, things like a little longer in the ruck, a little bigger 10. Not critical things that are blatant but just have you on the back foot. When it is my team playing I don't see them either haha.

As I say, my team was not in the game and maybe I am being a little harsh on the Panthers...but hey, you have a Grand Final week to enjoy. Good luck but it seems the Grand Final will be refereed by Sutton or Clown, so fingers crossed we don't have a GF with controversy like last year.
Sutton lost control of the ruck early. We absolutely took advantage, but I thought Souths did too, just we were a bit better at it. I think that played a part in the terrible ball control from both sides.
Amen to having a GF that isn't wrecked by poor decisions. I can't wait, this week is going to be an emotional roller coaster.
I know most of you guys hate us for reasons I can understand, but I'm still hoping you have a much better season next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sutton lost control of the ruck early. We absolutely took advantage, but I thought Souths did too, just we were a bit better at it. I think that played a part in the terrible ball control from both sides.
Amen to having a GF that isn't wrecked by poor decisions. I can't wait, this week is going to be an emotional roller coaster.
I know most of you guys hate us for reasons I can understand, but I'm still hoping you have a much better season next year.

a likeable unsmug panthers fan, well I never

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I have followed football for a long time. I don't hate the Panthers because I can remember how bad they were early in their history and I felt for them, I actually remember the Roosters losing every game in a season (maybe '66) so there was a period I felt sorry for them. Yeah, Cleary did they dirty but that is history now....but no, I don't hate any team, well except Manly and the Broncos lol.

but just can’t get past their coach.
Tigerm their coach is a good guy, the other guy who fronts up to the after game coaches press chat, not so.

Have you not heard post match interviews with players, many say, Baz wanted this or Baz wanted that, Baz wanted us to play this way. I heard Brandy Alexander in an interview yesterday on the ABC say what a great effort by the coaching staff, in order he said, Baz, Cameron Ciraldo (and to me it seemed like an afterthought as he then said), and of course Ivan Cleary.

If it is true ^ next year will be the proof.

Panthers for me next week.

WA Tiger

Bench
For this week only, I’m a Storm fan.
Agree Penrith deserve to be there, but just can’t get past their coach.
Wish we had his son though.
I can just...At least it will make a good story for someone ..I can’t get passed the storm winning. I’d struggle to watch it

Tigerm

First Grade
Tigerm their coach is a good guy, the other guy who fronts up to the after game coaches press chat, not so.

Have you not heard post match interviews with players, many say, Baz wanted this or Baz wanted that, Baz wanted us to play this way. I heard Brandy Alexander in an interview yesterday on the ABC say what a great effort by the coaching staff, in order he said, Baz, Cameron Ciraldo (and to me it seemed like an afterthought as he then said), and of course Ivan Cleary.

Who is Baz? sorry I don’t listen to the coaches after match review, except WT’s.

But I can’t get past the smug prick who coaches the Panthers, what’s his name.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

Interesting you say that, because on MMM Saturday Nathan Brown said he believed the year Nathan Cleary’s had is due to Trent Barrett. Said he has noticed the way he now passes is exactly how Barrett did when he coached him.

Next year will definitely show who’s really running the show