What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO DO WE FOLLOW IN THE FINALS ?

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm going for Penrith, purely because the players deserve it. Melbourne are one of those teams like Roosters and Broncos that are just always expected to be up there, whereas Panthers had to scratch and claw their way through years of hard work.

The only, literally the only, thing I hate about Panthers is Chinny McChin Chin Snr, but that shouldn't take away the hard work these young players have acheived

Das Hassler

Bench
and that dear reader is the total irony, and why I find the weeping, wailing & nashing of teeth so odd.

Nobody...not even Ivan while at the Tigers was trying to induce Nathan to break his contract....any and all speculation was in regards his NEXT contract....nothing to sniff here folks
And to add..there IS NO total irony...panthers had Ivan break his contract...we had no-one do any such thing..end of story.

stryker

First Grade
Nobody...not even Ivan while at the Tigers was trying to induce Nathan to break his contract....any and all speculation was in regards his NEXT contract....nothing to sniff here folks
And to add..there IS NO total irony...panthers had Ivan break his contract...we had no-one do any such thing..end of story.
Don’t waste your breath explaining the obvious to idiots mate. They prefer their narrative.

stryker

First Grade
I'm going for Penrith, purely because the players deserve it. Melbourne are one of those teams like Roosters and Broncos that are just always expected to be up there, whereas Panthers had to scratch and claw their way through years of hard work.

I think you are over simplifying the Storm making the GF again.
All experts in the pre season claimed they wouldn’t even make the 8 due to the new rule changes. The game would be too quick for them. It didn’t suit their style.
Rather whine about them, they have adapted better than most and embraced the new rules.
Add that to the fact they haven’t been home since the end of May and their best player is 37.
They deserve it every bit as much as Penrith.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I hope the Storm win, to wipe the smug off Ivan's face. On the other hand, I'm OK if Panthers win because then we'll have a happy, premiership winning Tamou coming to us next year.

Either way, I'm already OK with 2020 for two reasons
1: Donkeys got the spoon
2: Eels choked their way out of another finals season, and the two turncoats missed out on Origin selection.

WA Tiger

Bench
For me the Alex Mckinnon episode including the lead up to it with 3 tacklers and the coach going out of their way to seriously hurt someone..and the aftermath with smith showing what he is about by questioning why a paralysed player lying on the ground is “faking it”. This tells me all I need to know about the storm..And this was far from an isolated incident in regards to breaking any kind of what is right and wrong type rule and then not giving a toss. Fk em.. Go Penrith..I’ll be happy for the past Penrith players if they win.And even their current players if they do it in style.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
I hope the Storm win, to wipe the smug off Ivan's face. On the other hand, I'm OK if Panthers win because then we'll have a happy, premiership winning Tamou coming to us next year.

Either way, I'm already OK with 2020 for two reasons
1: Donkeys got the spoon
2: Eels choked their way out of another finals season, and the two turncoats missed out on Origin selection.
The GF will very likely b the last time in his career that Tamou plays finals footy

axl rose

Bench
For me the Alex Mckinnon episode including the lead up to it with 3 tacklers and the coach going out of their way to seriously hurt someone..and the aftermath with smith showing what he is about by questioning why a paralysed player lying on the ground is “faking it”. This tells me all I need to know about the storm..And this was far from an isolated incident in regards to breaking any kind of what is right and wrong type rule and then not giving a toss. Fk em.. Go Penrith..I’ll be happy for the past Penrith players if they win.And even their current players if they do it in style.

Reason to hate the Riff- well just one, but that might be enough?

Reasons to hate Melbourne- Ending captain McCrackens career and our season, born from Ribot/ News Ltds backside, king hit on Mark O'Neill by Danny Williams, Greg Inglis not harming his wife. Their favorite son Cooper Cronk is a smart ass little know it all who hates Tigers. Billy Slater kicking blokes in the head his whole career and getting 7 weeks for doing it to Skandalis, should have got life. I could go on..

If Penrith win it, I'll be happy for their players. They have come back from the COVID break totally switched on and will be deservedly high in confidence that they can top the Storm. Ivan is the only reason I couldn't stomach them winning.

That being said, they will need to improve in a big way to take the Storm on this weekend. As mentioned already, I too don't think the Storm have been heavily tested yet and could go to another level. Penrith have no outs and Kikau returning also plus might have been a bit clunky with the week off messing with their momentum so they may well iron out the kinks before this weekend.

If they turn up the way they did against Souths and make those sorts of errors though, the Storm will make them pay for it.

Should be a cracking game either way.

The Rosco

Bench
You know what ? . . . I'll tell you who I'm following in the finals . . .
I've given one of their supporters some grief over the season, but I'm finally getting swept up in the flood of support, and strong positive feelings around his team.
The way the locals have got behind them after such a long time in the wilderness . . . I'm buying in !!!
Their star players have really clicked and are working seamlessly as one.
They go from strength to strength.
THIS IS THEIR YEAR !!!!
THIS IS THEIR FINALS SERIES.
Never a backward step.
THEY DON'T CHOKE !!!!!
Rhyno, I'm on board.
Gutho is KING !!!!!
Moses is a player's player !!!!
Sivo is an intelligent footballer.
Brown is a likeable chap.
Jennings is an honest, decent man.

GO PARRA !!!!!
PARRA TO WIN IN 2020 !!!!!

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Bulldust.

Pascoe and his little mind mates had plans. You're just cross because Ivan and the Panthers called your bluff.

WA Tiger

Bench
and enjoying every minute of it too. Thanks.
Have u quite finished..You know your talking shit right..
We’d think you and your mate more worthy of our time if in future u come up with something that happened rather than something that hasn't happened ...otherwise it’s difficult.You understand ..

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Have u quite finished..You know your talking shit right..
We’d think you and your mate more worthy of our time if in future u come up with something that happened rather than something that hasn't happened ...otherwise it’s difficult.You understand ..

You stick to your narrative and I'm more than happy to stick to mine.

Good Luck with James Tamou for 2021 and beyond. James is a wholehearted player, a good family man. He's a good un.

WA Tiger

Bench
You stick to your narrative and I'm more than happy to stick to mine.

Good Luck with James Tamou for 2021 and beyond. James is a wholehearted player, a good family man. He's a good un.
Although if this is what we get from you on the eve of your teams grand final I’d hate to see your demeanour or hear from you if you lose..reminds me of someone else who visits

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Although if this is what we get from you on the eve of your teams grand final I’d hate to see your demeanour or hear from you if you lose..reminds me of someone else who visits

To be honest I can barely remember what a loss feels like.

Will Penrith win on Sunday. I'd love them to, I hope they can.

For me my attitude towards the team and the individual players won't change at all, win lose or draw.

I am continuing to enjoy the ride.

stryker

First Grade
The Alex McKinnon incident was an accident and no one at the time knew he was paralysed.
People have selective memories but Alex was no saint. In fact he was a grub player. The tackle looked innocuous at the time and given his history, the question was asked.
Once it became apparent he was in a bad way attitudes on field changed.
The criticism over this was generated by 60 minutes and was misleading and unfair.

super_coach

First Grade
One thing I don’t hold a grudge...well maybe a little one...I hope the Storm are leading by a point with 5 seconds to go, Penrith get a penalty in front 20m out and little big jaw chokes and stuffs the kick and Storm wins.