What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 OUT, 2 IN - 2021

AJB1102

First Grade
Salma just heard about this thread..

salma-hayek-bikini-z.jpg

Shit! Selma got thicc!

I'm ok with this.

Valheru

Coach
I'll go with..

1. Raiders - I was super impressed with them this year. What they did after the hodgson injury was phenomenal, they just ran out of puff in the finals. There seems a real steel and desire about this squad.

2. Storm - they will do what they always do. The caveat being Smith plays on

3. Roosters - we were labelled old and slow at the end of season. 2021 will tell us if that is true or if they just ran out of steam after 2 big years. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

4. Rabbitohs - they get to the GF this year if latrell stays fit IMO. If they improve their defence they are every chance.

5. Manly - they are too good a squad to have a repeat of 2020.

6. Panthers - Most will say this seems low but the runners up hangover is real in the NRL. They would be distraught with yesterdays result and I don't know if Ivan is capable of getting them up again.

7. Titans - they were awesome the back half of 2020 and should carry the momentum through.

8. Parra - their window is closing IMO and they will take a big step back next year.

9. Broncos - I just see a tonne of improvement in that squad under Walters. Probably one year too soon for finals though.

10. Knights - don't think they have the halves to contend and the Ponga puzzle has been solved by the good sides.

11. Wests - the hardest team to predict. I have put them here based on reputation.

12. Bulldogs - they are trying to buy their way out of trouble which is fine but they havent exactly landed a marquee. I see them taking small steps forward.

13. Warriors - Nathan Browne, that is all.

14. Sharks - predicting a stinker for them although a way better finish wouldn't surprise. They really need a massive squad refresh

15. Saints - Hook will be good for them in the long run but a tough season awaits.

16. Cowboys - they were every bit as bad as the broncos at stages this year, they just managed to avoid the floggings. Where does the improvement come from?

footy75

Bench
Warriors were phenomenal the year and everyone is expecting them to to make the 8 but I have a feeling they will do warriors things and suck it up.

Titans are a team on the rise and I expect them to make the 8.

Manly were very off this year but I expect them to improve drastically and make the 8.

Sharks to come out. It has been a good run for them but they need somewhat of a rebuild.

Knights are the other obvious candidate to come out.

Broncos are a wild card to come in. It sounds ridiculous but that team has a fair bit of talent, they just weren't playing for their coach and will certainly be hungry next year.

Wild card to come out... panthers. Again it sounds ridiculous and the smug will be beside themselves reading this but runners up more often than not has been a poisoned chalice in the NRL era. Things just won't be the same as this season and they will be the hunted. I don't expect they will come out, 5-8 seems more likely but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

Good Post. Agree with everything you have said.

Except Panthers. I think they will be a force again next year and that loss will do them good in big scheme of things.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I'll go with..

1. Raiders - I was super impressed with them this year. What they did after the hodgson injury was phenomenal, they just ran out of puff in the finals. There seems a real steel and desire about this squad.

3. Roosters - we were labelled old and slow at the end of season. 2021 will tell us if that is true or if they just ran out of steam after 2 big years. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

4. Rabbitohs - they get to the GF this year if latrell stays fit IMO. If they improve their defence they are every chance.

6. Panthers - Most will say this seems low but the runners up hangover is real in the NRL. They would be distraught with yesterdays result and I don't know if Ivan is capable of getting them up again.

7. Titans - they were awesome the back half of 2020 and should carry the momentum through.

8. Parra - their window is closing IMO and they will take a big step back next year.

9. Broncos - I just see a tonne of improvement in that squad under Walters. Probably one year too soon for finals though.

10. Knights - don't think they have the halves to contend and the Ponga puzzle has been solved by the good sides.

11. Wests - the hardest team to predict. I have put them here based on reputation.

12. Bulldogs - they are trying to buy their way out of trouble which is fine but they havent exactly landed a marquee. I see them taking small steps forward.

14. Sharks - predicting a stinker for them although a way better finish wouldn't surprise. They really need a massive squad refresh

15. Saints - Hook will be good for them in the long run but a tough season awaits.

16. Cowboys - they were every bit as bad as the broncos at stages this year, they just managed to avoid the floggings. Where does the improvement come from?

haha Raiders first. Good one

mongoose

Coach
I think Eels could drop out and I actually think the Roosters will struggle next year. Storm could to if Smith retires.

Rabbitohs to improve and be a premiership favorite. I reckon Knights and Sharks will go better especially if SJ has a full season and whoever the hooker is for Knights. Raiders will prob be around 5th/6th again....

Outside of the 8 you would think the Titans are the team to come up. Seems to be a lot of positivity in that club and roster is looking good. I would say Manly but I reckon Des might be getting past it as a coach...

Warriors are a chance but they seem to fall in a heap whenever the slightest amount of expectation is put on them.

skeepe

Immortal
1. Canberra Raiders
2. Wests Tigers
3. South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Sydney Roosters
7. Penrith Panthers
8. St George-Illawarra Dragons
9. Parramatta Eels
10. New Zealand Warriors
11. Manly Sea Eagles
12. Canterbury Bulldogs
13. Newcastle Knights
14. North Queensland Cowboys
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. Brisbane Broncos

SBD82

Coach
Good thread.

f**ked if I know the answer. Can’t fully remember, but I think I had Manly in the top 4 this year and the Panthers missing the 8.

Interesting to see the support for Canberra. It’d be very Raidersesque to have an off season in the year that everyone thinks they’ll go well.

I'll go with..

The positions might differ from what you have but I agree with the top and bottom 8.

Manly & Titans up at the expense of Cronulla and Newcastle.

Vic Mackey

Referee
There’s always one who comes from nowhere (Penrith) and one we all thought was a sure thing fail ( manly).

I’d like to think the Titans are a shoe in for the 8 and possibly a Smokey for the top 4. However the bulldogs showed in late 18/19 it’s easy to play well when you can’t make the 8 and there’s no pressure. Interesting to see if they can back it up from the get fo next year.

As for the huge fall from grace not sure, it only takes an injury or two and could be anyone. I’ll say Parramatta but without much confidence. Looking at their squad I think every player bar Dyl Brown has reached their peak and a few might even be heading downwards.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Sharks out and the shock out Roosters.

In Saints and Broncos. Hook usually gets teams in the top 8 and then does nothing. I think Walters might do enough to sneak Broncs in.

I will be interested to see how Penrith go without Barrett. I am not fussed on Ivan and I think he shit the bed last night with his pre-match changes and his rotations last night were poor.

Smug Panther

First Grade
1. Canberra Raiders
2. Wests Tigers
3. South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Sydney Roosters
7. Penrith Panthers
8. St George-Illawarra Dragons
9. Parramatta Eels
10. New Zealand Warriors
11. Manly Sea Eagles
12. Canterbury Bulldogs
13. Newcastle Knights
14. North Queensland Cowboys
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. Brisbane Broncos

Tigpies best player went back to Melbourne. No way they make the 8

Bazal

Post Whore
I always think there's one "big name" that will drop out. I'd almost say Penrith from this year's 8. It's also hard to have faith in Whacky Merkins Canberra and Parramatta.

Beyond that its hard to say now. Not many of the top five sides should be markedly worse on paper, and almost all could improve with a few signings over the off season plus younger guys growing up a bit.

typicalfan

Coach
Early guess

Storm
Bunnies
Panthers
Raiders
Roosters
Titans
Eels
Sea Eagles

Knights
Tigers
Cowboys
Broncos
Bulldogs
Warriors
Sharks
Dragons

shear_joy9

Coach
Panthers to drop out next season. They will collapse without this seasons huge advantage of next to no travel.

also Nathan to rebel against daddy Ivan and pick up a meth addiction in the off-season

Latest posts