1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2 OUT, 2 IN - 2021

Discussion in 'NRL' started by AJB1102, Oct 26, 2020.

1. AJB1102

AJB1102 First Grade

Shit! Selma got thicc!

I'm ok with this.

2. Valheru

Valheru Coach

I'll go with..

1. Raiders - I was super impressed with them this year. What they did after the hodgson injury was phenomenal, they just ran out of puff in the finals. There seems a real steel and desire about this squad.

2. Storm - they will do what they always do. The caveat being Smith plays on

3. Roosters - we were labelled old and slow at the end of season. 2021 will tell us if that is true or if they just ran out of steam after 2 big years. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

4. Rabbitohs - they get to the GF this year if latrell stays fit IMO. If they improve their defence they are every chance.

5. Manly - they are too good a squad to have a repeat of 2020.

6. Panthers - Most will say this seems low but the runners up hangover is real in the NRL. They would be distraught with yesterdays result and I don't know if Ivan is capable of getting them up again.

7. Titans - they were awesome the back half of 2020 and should carry the momentum through.

8. Parra - their window is closing IMO and they will take a big step back next year.

9. Broncos - I just see a tonne of improvement in that squad under Walters. Probably one year too soon for finals though.

10. Knights - don't think they have the halves to contend and the Ponga puzzle has been solved by the good sides.

11. Wests - the hardest team to predict. I have put them here based on reputation.

12. Bulldogs - they are trying to buy their way out of trouble which is fine but they havent exactly landed a marquee. I see them taking small steps forward.

13. Warriors - Nathan Browne, that is all.

14. Sharks - predicting a stinker for them although a way better finish wouldn't surprise. They really need a massive squad refresh

15. Saints - Hook will be good for them in the long run but a tough season awaits.

16. Cowboys - they were every bit as bad as the broncos at stages this year, they just managed to avoid the floggings. Where does the improvement come from?

AJB1102 likes this.
  3. footy75

footy75 Bench

Good Post. Agree with everything you have said.

Except Panthers. I think they will be a force again next year and that loss will do them good in big scheme of things.

4. Tiger Shark

Tiger Shark Juniors

haha Raiders first. Good one

5. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

I think Eels could drop out and I actually think the Roosters will struggle next year. Storm could to if Smith retires.

Rabbitohs to improve and be a premiership favorite. I reckon Knights and Sharks will go better especially if SJ has a full season and whoever the hooker is for Knights. Raiders will prob be around 5th/6th again....

Outside of the 8 you would think the Titans are the team to come up. Seems to be a lot of positivity in that club and roster is looking good. I would say Manly but I reckon Des might be getting past it as a coach...

Warriors are a chance but they seem to fall in a heap whenever the slightest amount of expectation is put on them.

AJB1102 likes this.
  6. skeepe

skeepe Immortal

1. Canberra Raiders
    2. Wests Tigers
    3. South Sydney Rabbitohs
    4. Gold Coast Titans
    5. Melbourne Storm
    6. Sydney Roosters
    7. Penrith Panthers
    8. St George-Illawarra Dragons
    9. Parramatta Eels
    10. New Zealand Warriors
    11. Manly Sea Eagles
    12. Canterbury Bulldogs
    13. Newcastle Knights
    14. North Queensland Cowboys
    15. Cronulla Sharks
    16. Brisbane Broncos

7. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

Good thread.

f**ked if I know the answer. Can’t fully remember, but I think I had Manly in the top 4 this year and the Panthers missing the 8.

Interesting to see the support for Canberra. It’d be very Raidersesque to have an off season in the year that everyone thinks they’ll go well.

AJB1102 and axl rose like this.
  8. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

The positions might differ from what you have but I agree with the top and bottom 8.

Manly & Titans up at the expense of Cronulla and Newcastle.

9. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

There’s always one who comes from nowhere (Penrith) and one we all thought was a sure thing fail ( manly).

I’d like to think the Titans are a shoe in for the 8 and possibly a Smokey for the top 4. However the bulldogs showed in late 18/19 it’s easy to play well when you can’t make the 8 and there’s no pressure. Interesting to see if they can back it up from the get fo next year.

As for the huge fall from grace not sure, it only takes an injury or two and could be anyone. I’ll say Parramatta but without much confidence. Looking at their squad I think every player bar Dyl Brown has reached their peak and a few might even be heading downwards.

AJB1102 and axl rose like this.
  10. Todd Hoffman

Todd Hoffman Juniors

Sharks out and the shock out Roosters.

In Saints and Broncos. Hook usually gets teams in the top 8 and then does nothing. I think Walters might do enough to sneak Broncs in.

I will be interested to see how Penrith go without Barrett. I am not fussed on Ivan and I think he shit the bed last night with his pre-match changes and his rotations last night were poor.

axl rose likes this.
  11. Todd Hoffman

Todd Hoffman Juniors

Get the whipped cream.

axl rose likes this.
  12. Smug Panther

Smug Panther Juniors

Tigpies best player went back to Melbourne. No way they make the 8

13. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

In - Gold Coast, Manly-Warringah

Out - Penrith, Newcastle

14. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

I always think there's one "big name" that will drop out. I'd almost say Penrith from this year's 8. It's also hard to have faith in Whacky Merkins Canberra and Parramatta.

Beyond that its hard to say now. Not many of the top five sides should be markedly worse on paper, and almost all could improve with a few signings over the off season plus younger guys growing up a bit.

15. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

Needs more salma

This Year? and Eelementary like this.
  16. typicalfan

typicalfan Coach

Early guess

Storm
    Bunnies
    Panthers
    Raiders
    Roosters
    Titans
    Eels
    Sea Eagles

Knights
    Tigers
    Cowboys
    Broncos
    Bulldogs
    Warriors
    Sharks
    Dragons

17. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I missed the game last night, how did Big Game Cleary go?

Vic Mackey likes this.
  18. Smug Panther

Smug Panther Juniors

He had a real Mitch Moses of a game

19. shear_joy9

shear_joy9 Coach

Panthers to drop out next season. They will collapse without this seasons huge advantage of next to no travel.

also Nathan to rebel against daddy Ivan and pick up a meth addiction in the off-season

axl rose and Vic Mackey like this.
  20. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I’ll give it to Nathan. He didn’t shank any important kicks at goal