What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
While we may not win the comp next year we will improve dramatically. It won’t take much, move up in defence, wider passing from the ruck with less one out stuff. If Griffin can get Cam to pass wider and spread the defenders he can then be more dangerous with his running game.
A game plan for starters is a massive improvement on what we have dished out the last 8 years.
People are death riding us for next year which is good because we fly under the radar a bit and won’t have much pressure. The truth is that although we have thrown in the towel for 2020. We could easily be playing finals right now with the squad we have let alone with new players. We have lost numerous games this season we could have and should have won. There were also games we got flogged in that should have been respectable. I’m certain that with a new coach, a few new players and some rising talent we can win a few of those ones we lost by a point or two and sneak in to the 8 next year. If we won 3 of those games and tightened the margin on a few we would be potentially playing for a finals spot this week to get to 20 points.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well today marks the 1st official day of the reign of Hook at the Dragons.

What are your expectations?

Mine, besides the 'bleedin' obvious, would be 'the way we play'. This encompasses a number of points, including:

* game plans (for each game)
* player plans
* attacking variations
* defensive resolve
* selection of the team (based on performance)

These to name a few for me.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Mine, besides the 'bleedin' obvious, would be 'the way we play'. This encompasses a number of points, including:

* player plans
* attacking variations
* defensive resolve

My main two are supreme fitness, and a complete outsider picking his round 1 team based purely on what he sees during the off season and not on the past. It will be very interesting to see how different his side is to Mary’s.

Inisai Toga

Juniors

* player plans
* attacking variations
* defensive resolve

Effort and Intelligence. We’ve played and accepted unintelligent football (across the whole team, club) for way too long. Other teams know it and sadly so do we. Ready for the change!

Smug Panther

First Grade

* player plans
* attacking variations
* defensive resolve

You won't be getting any game plans. Does pick on form though

Crush

Coach
Defense.
We have been disgraceful in this area for past couple of years.
I want a team that turn up week in week out and have a go, especially defensively.
In attack, variation. Play high completion low risk footy when its called for but also expansive "razzle dazzle" when warranted.
Not the same stuff week in week out.
Teams I would like our team to look like -
Penrith, Parra, Roosters, Raiders.
Thats my hope.

TruSaint

Referee
Defense.
We have been disgraceful in this area for past couple of years.
I want a team that turn up week in week out and have a go, especially defensively.
In attack, variation. Play high completion low risk footy when its called for but also expansive "razzle dazzle" when warranted.
Not the same stuff week in week out.
Teams I would like our team to look like -
Penrith, Parra, Roosters, Raiders.
Thats my hope.

If we can sort out our defence, then the rest will follow.

How many times in 19/20 have we led by double digits early in a game only to squander 2 points through a.) bad game management and b.) paperthin defence.

Crush

Coach
Less mateship more professionalism :thumbsup:
I dont want JDB in my team either if I'm being honest.
Less dickheads, more professionals.
I dont want Jack Bird. Dont want Corey Norman. Dont want thugs like Josh McGuire.
Id rather a team full of players with good values and a moral compass. A team like the All Blacks for example. They command respect and very respectful to others.
JDB, Bird, Norman, McGuire?
Yeah no thanks.

TruSaint

Referee
I dont want JDB in my team either if I'm being honest.
Less dickheads, more professionals.
I dont want Jack Bird. Dont want Corey Norman. Dont want thugs like Josh McGuire.
Id rather a team full of players with good values and a moral compass. A team like the All Blacks for example. They command respect and very respectful to others.
JDB, Bird, Norman, McGuire?
Yeah no thanks.

You can add to that " players that want to play for Saints".
If people want out, let them be.
Alex Johnston took a pay cut to stay at Souths. Give me someone of his ilk please.

qld redvee

Juniors
I hope for a team that plays for each other and not themselves . More attack and much better defence
the team capable of switching mid game to a plan b forwards that will pass and finally clearance kicks that DONT go down opposition throats . AND No favourites but form . BUT i must admit I like what I have read from hook in the last couple of days sounds like he has a dead set plan and it actually gives me hope that we can start the climb back up the ladder its great to hear from someone that has a clear idea and direction - roll on season 2021 I say

TruSaint

Referee
I hope for a team that plays for each other and not themselves . More attack and much better defence
the team capable of switching mid game to a plan b forwards that will pass and finally clearance kicks that DONT go down opposition throats . AND No favourites but form . BUT i must admit I like what I have read from hook in the last couple of days sounds like he has a dead set plan and it actually gives me hope that we can start the climb back up the ladder its great to hear from someone that has a clear idea and direction - roll on season 2021 I say

What I liked most about his comments, as I posted elsewhere, is dismissing the notion of "re-building". Sounds like he wants to hit the ground running, and not offer up excuses, as he has 2 years to make us competitive.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yeah shame.
But you get my drift. Wanting to be part of the "team" , building towards success.
Yeah I reckon with young guns Sullivan, Ramsey, the Feagai boys, Blacker and Amone all having success together at junior levels with the still young players like Lomax, Lawrie, McInnes and Kerr all growing in experience by the season if we can add a big fish like Angus, and another prop we can start to start winning a few games and build a club that can build into a great team in the coming years.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
He was worse for Penrith lol
I know, but it’s for that reason I think it might be in our favour. Griffin, Elliott and Soward all are living a kind of second chance or opportunity. Always good motivation. This combined with the narrative of Griffin dismissing the over used NRL narrative of ‘rebuilding‘, suggests everyone’s learnt from past experience and motivated from day 1. Could be an interesting ride.

Latest posts