What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

qld redvee

Juniors
What I liked most about his comments, as I posted elsewhere, is dismissing the notion of "re-building". Sounds like he wants to hit the ground running, and not offer up excuses, as he has 2 years to make us competitive.
Tru,
agree 100% - hook sounds like he is ready to go . I like his comments about the juniours and it seems like he will give the players opportunities where we have lacked in the last years . and I think Hook will give us the astute must have signings we need to nurture the local talent for at least the next 2 years
as big kev used to say IM EXCITED

BLM01

First Grade
So how did Ivan go at his first stint at the Panthers?
Sacked for you guessed it..Gus head hunted Griffin
I am looking forward to someone taking a punt and giving young potentials opportunity and time to learn and develop in 1st grade..whilst players get put around them that can cover their weaknesses whilst learning.
Whilst it is a boring annual cliche.."the toughest pre-season yet"
But what I was told few weeks ago that a few younger players are "packing it' cause they know what they are in for under Griffin and co
Hook has spoken to each player individually and warned them to keep themselves fit and be ready come Nov 17 cause if you are not up to it physically.straight away..you wont be part of it.

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
I am looking forward to someone taking a punt and giving young potentials opportunity and time to learn and develop in 1st grade..whilst players get put around them that can cover their weaknesses whilst learning.
But what I was told few weeks ago that a few younger players are "packing it' cause they know what they are in for under Griffin and co
Hook has spoken to each player individually and warned them to keep themselves fit and be ready come Nov 17 cause if you are not up to it physically.straight away..you wont be part of it.
BLM01
Im glad to hear that some players are dreading whats in store for them and just shows the comfort level the old regime had for some . So now it sounds like Hook has outlined his ideas and plans so lets see how the players respond

TruSaint

Referee
Ivan had far more to do with it. Hook didn't build shit

LOL,

I dont know how good Griffin will be with us. Time will tell.

Lets look at Ivan and Griffins records.

AG...

Brisbane 2011-2014 win rate 53%
Pennies 2016-2018 win rate 58%
Average win rate 55%

IC

NZ 2006-2011 win rate 49%
Pennies 2012-2015 win rate 45%
Tigers 2017-2018 win rate 42%
Pennies 2020 win rate 66%
Average win rate 49%

Smug Panther

First Grade
LOL,

I dont know how good Griffin will be with us. Time will tell.

Lets look at Ivan and Griffins records.

AG...

Brisbane 2011-2014 win rate 53%
Pennies 2016-2018 win rate 58%
Average win rate 55%

IC

NZ 2006-2011 win rate 49%
Pennies 2012-2015 win rate 45%
Tigers 2017-2018 win rate 42%
Pennies 2020 win rate 66%
Average win rate 49%
I don't particularly rate Ivan but he's mostly had hard gigs. On the other hand Hook has had very easy jobs really

redv13

Bench
God I hope so!! We haven’t had this no nonsense crap since Benny left. Go hard Hook