What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The thing is if you aren’t on FTA there will be less eyeballs watching your sport, look at Yawnion barely on FTA and almost gone and forgotten. Supercars took Fox’s money and while they do a great job they couldn’t wait to get back on FTA for interest and sponsorship’s alone.

It was a short sighted decision by CA to take the cash but at what cost??? I can afford Fox and a Suity is right they do a fantastic job but what about the families that can’t afford to pay for it?? How many kids miss out of watching their heroes??? They will switch over to another sport that they can watch.

strider

Post Whore
The thing is if you aren’t on FTA there will be less eyeballs watching your sport, look at Yawnion barely on FTA and almost gone and forgotten. Supercars took Fox’s money and while they do a great job they couldn’t wait to get back on FTA for interest and sponsorship’s alone.

It was a short sighted decision by CA to take the cash but at what cost??? I can afford Fox and a Suity is right they do a fantastic job but what about the families that can’t afford to pay for it?? How many kids miss out of watching their heroes??? They will switch over to another sport that they can watch.
FTA doesnt want to stump up the cash anymore

84 Baby

Referee

That may be the most level headed thing you’ve ever said. Did you get heatstroke on the weekend?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That may be the most level headed thing you’ve ever said. Did you get heatstroke on the weekend?
Account was hacked.

f**k merkins who can’t afford Fox or Kayo!! Get or job, get two if you have too!!

And f**k your eyes!!

TheParraboy

Staff member

Spot on mate

When all this happened I read somewhere in the papers that the 7/Fox deal was the only one that secured CA enough money to pay the players what the won in their new collective barginging argreement.

I have fox, and I believe Kayo now is beyond Cheap, but I must also say I listened to the Indian innings on ABC with Jim Maxwell, Andrew Moore, Alex Blackwell and Ian Chappel.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I got Foxtel, specifically for its sports package.

With Kayo costing approximately $20 per month, Foxtel is overpriced, and redundant, tbh...

Eelogical

Referee
FTA doesnt want to stump up the cash anymore
Since WSC the players have been earning top coin playing Tests, ODI's and T20 for AUS, KFC Big Bash, IPL and any other tournaments that are looking for guns for hire. The good players attract the dollars and there's plenty of dollars out there for them to earn, if they're good enough. Hineyrulz is right. Take away what once was for free and viewers will look elsewhere. People these are too busy on their devices to worry about something like a 3 game ODI series that they'd have to pay for, if they even knew it was being played.

Haynzy

First Grade
Since WSC the players have been earning top coin playing Tests, ODI's and T20 for AUS, KFC Big Bash, IPL and any other tournaments that are looking for guns for hire. The good players attract the dollars and there's plenty of dollars out there for them to earn, if they're good enough. Hineyrulz is right. Take away what once was for free and viewers will look elsewhere. People these are too busy on their devices to worry about something like a 3 game ODI series that they'd have to pay for, if they even knew it was being played.

I’ve really noticed the drop off in crowds at the cricket, before covid, and it started once it went to pay tv. You used to be bombarded with ads for the summer of cricket but they’re much rarer. On top of that, people are watching less fta and streaming more.

Latest posts