What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Burton the coach had to make a choice between him and Luai. That is how I see it.
The question is who do you prefer? I do not know enough a out the two to determine who will have the better career.
I do know plenty of juniors are overated by their own fans. I still remember when Eels fans where convinced Bevan French was superior to Cam Munster when I was saying we should throw the book at Munster.

Most likely, but I do think they could’ve considered a plan to move him to FB, or centre in the short term. We missed an opportunity not playing him more at centre this year. The plan to retain him simply wasn’t good enough.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sounds like the wheels have fallen off when I come on here.

Mansour is going due to club having a better option

Tamou was just about finished anyhows in his career.

Burton isn't art of the top 17

Laurie isn't part of the top 17

These are the facts. Naden might be suspended which is a shame and a loss. But how many juniors have been blooded in the last 18 mths? There will be another 5+ in the next 24mths.

There is a loud small core group who run around every single bloody off season like Henny Penny screaming at the top of their collective lungs ' The sky is falling'

I'm sorry if this sounds brutal but that is the unvarnished truth.

There is a loud small core group who run around every single bloody off season like Henny Penny screaming at the top of their collective lungs ' The sky is falling'

I'm sorry if this sounds brutal but that is the unvarnished truth.

The unvarnished truth is our club has been run like a chook raffle by a select group for decades, you could hardly blame the fans for being negative when we’ve had so little on field success.

I have zero confidence in Ivan Cleary when it comes to recruitment and retention, I can only hope smarter heads than his prevail.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The unvarnished truth is our club has been run like a chook raffle by a select group for decades, you could hardly blame the fans for being negative when we’ve had so little on field success.

I have zero confidence in Ivan Cleary when it comes to recruitment and retention, I can only hope smarter heads than his prevail.
st

I was referring to the carryon by posters on this forum.

Not how the club is being run.

Sime_11

Juniors
They’ve still got Grant, Munster and Pep. They’re easily in a better position than us. Those 3 are better than any of our spine not named Cleary.

disagree - whilst their spine looks better, our future going forward for future shits on them - give me Fish, Yeo, Kikau - thats the best younger forwards group going around at the moment

Storm forwards are good but they are at the wrong end of their careers - losing Tino & potentially Brandon Smith will undo Melbourne even more in 2021 & onwards

disagree - whilst their spine looks better, our future going forward for future shits on them - give me Fish, Yeo, Kikau - thats the best younger forwards group going around at the moment

Storm forwards are good but they are at the wrong end of their careers - losing Tino & potentially Brandon Smith will undo Melbourne even more in 2021 & onwards

When you’ve got a spine like theirs other players will want to come and join. I’m not saying we’re in a bad position or anything, but I’d say with the processes Bellamy has put in place, combined with their talented spine has them in a better position.

franklin2323

Immortal

No coach or CEO too.

We aren't that bad all things considered

No coach or CEO too.

We aren't that bad all things considered

You say that like we’ve got some masterful coach & CEO.

Brian Fletcher knows nothing about footy, and Cleary is a middle of the road coach. Storm won’t have a problem in those departments, they’ve got very smart ownership. That’s the key difference.

franklin2323

Immortal
They’ll have coaches lining up to coach that spine. Yeah hard to replace Bellamy, but not hard to get a coach better than Ivan.

Who is availabe? Broncs and cows were plum gigs both struggled in finding one. No Bellamy they lose their appeal especially his art of turning plodders good

franklin2323

Immortal
You say that like we’ve got some masterful coach & CEO.

Brian Fletcher knows nothing about footy, and Cleary is a middle of the road coach. Storm won’t have a problem in those departments, they’ve got very smart ownership. That’s the key difference.

We don't. We aren't in a foreign city though we have very good pathways to produce talent with a core of the side locked away. Players know who the coach will be less of a gamble to come here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts