What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

redv13

Bench
That was disappointing - got drenched and more importantly watched a team have a good go but way too many mistakes to win an NRL game.

Good news:
Vaughan
Lawrie
Hunt (put a big effort in )

Bad News:
No Back Row whatsoever
Simms
Kerr
Fuimaono all not up to scratch

Further Bad News;
No options to cover them.
plus Clune is just a passenger
Really???? I thought Fui was great tonight, busted his arse, made 36 tackles, was aggressive. Simms had moments of aggression too. The forwards had a massive dig. Vaughan, Lawrie, Fui, Simms

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Well.. thoughts?
Some glimpses of improvement but patchy. Error ridden first half, more control in the second half but critical errors at some key moments buggered us.
Bird needs more ball.
Has to play closer or fullback.
CC
thought the same about Bird. I know he is just coming back from major injury but wondering whether five eight is where he will end up for us, particularly if Norman doesn’t improve markedly this year

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tonight sums up Dufty to a tee. Ordinary 1st half, out of position for a try.
Which try was he out of position for?

The one which Hunt “kicked” the ball that Dufty was about to dive on or the try where Sims knocked it back into our in goal?

redv13

Bench
Positives: Bird got through 80 mins with no heart in mouth moments, Vaughan was massive and his sidekick Lawrie is a tough bastard and does not take a backward step, the forward pack hunting in numbers with aggression and line speed.

Negatives: 1st half they didn’t handle the conditions well, 2 shit house tries conceded, f**ked if I know what Wiliame was doing at dummy half to make a mess of that, no dummy half at all from Ravalawa which I think was Lomax’s fault. Then the video ref debacles to deny Ramsey then give Cronulla a try from a dubious bat back.

Dragon David

First Grade
Scoreline was a fair reflection of the game. You cannot make that many errors and expect any different. Regardless of the bunker decision, we deserved to lose.

I can’t see us beating any team. I think it’d be easier to swallow if it were the young kids getting beat, similar to how the Knights were in 2016.

The no dummy half incident is cannot describe the team any better lol.
I've yet to make comment on the
Scoreline was a fair reflection of the game. You cannot make that many errors and expect any different. Regardless of the bunker decision, we deserved to lose.

I can’t see us beating any team. I think it’d be easier to swallow if it were the young kids getting beat, similar to how the Knights were in 2016.

The no dummy half incident is cannot describe the team any better lol.
The big thing as far as I am concerned is that this year is not going to be us going for the top 8. As

redv13

Bench

The one which Hunt “kicked” the ball that Dufty was about to dive on or the try where Sims knocked it back into our in goal?
The 2nd one where he was having a bludge on the wing and poor Simms couldn’t handle the ball.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Positives: Bird got through 80 mins with no heart in mouth moments, Vaughan was massive and his sidekick Lawrie is a tough bastard and does not take a backward step, the forward pack hunting in numbers with aggression and line speed.

Negatives: 1st half they didn’t handle the conditions well, 2 shit house tries conceded, f**ked if I know what Wiliame was doing at dummy half to make a mess of that, no dummy half at all from Ravalawa which I think was Lomax’s fault. Then the video ref debacles to deny Ramsey then give Cronulla a try from a dubious bat back.
I think Lomax was wrestling with Dugan after a tackle. Someone else needed to fill in.

redv13

Bench

Whilst your at it how about you give us your thoughts on his fullback catching in the 2nd half...

Gareth67

First Grade
3 initial observations:

1. Bird is not a centre.
2. You put Kerr on the edge to challenge the line in attack but dont give him the ball, especially close to the line.
3. Each player needs to eat, sleep, crap and shower with a football in their hands. It neefs to become an extension of themselves.

Agree D.S. , however I would be giving Duffy a tube of Super Glue with his ball .

hewi

Bench
Cronulla were slick we are still clunky. Kerr back to prop, Bird to lock, Merrin dropped, Fegai to centre, Norman to stay out of the team and lastly I was impressed with Alvero.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The 2nd one where he was having a bludge on the wing and poor Simms couldn’t handle the ball.
So Sims’ (one M) error is Dufty’s fault?

Sims (one M) was in the line. Dufty was behind the line.

Dragon David

First Grade
I've yet to make comment on the

The big thing as far as I am concerned is that this year is not going to be us going for the top 8. As
Sorry, my fingers are all thumbs at the moment. What I was going to say was that I will also be commenting on the Round 1 Games thread as well.

We just made too many mistakes tonight and let Cronulla take advantage of them which they gladly accepted.

We played tonight like we had played in the trials and the coaches have got to rip into the players about possession and more attention to detail - like playing the ball properly etc.

Hunt might have set up a couple of tries, but he still lacks creativity and Sullivan has this in spades.

The game against the Cowboys will be tough and as Unsainty79 said, we wont win any games based on how we played the last three weeks and the lack of power overall we have throughout the team.

Williame is a joke. He has basically won a couple of games in the NRL and basically having him in the team only puts the mocker on us as he is a loser.