What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree...to take points off after being awarded just doesnt gel with me

I actually noticed that in the Eels v Broncos match , thought that i was seeing things .
However yes that just isn’t right , surely those knuckleheads at the NRL could had come up with a better alternative than that crap ?

be55

Juniors
Which try was he out of position for?

The one which Hunt “kicked” the ball that Dufty was about to dive on or the try where Sims knocked it back into our in goal?
Your overall thoughts on Dufty tonight Muz?

Dragsters

First Grade
Positives: Bird got through 80 mins with no heart in mouth moments, Vaughan was massive and his sidekick Lawrie is a tough bastard and does not take a backward step, the forward pack hunting in numbers with aggression and line speed.

Negatives: 1st half they didn’t handle the conditions well, 2 shit house tries conceded, f**ked if I know what Wiliame was doing at dummy half to make a mess of that, no dummy half at all from Ravalawa which I think was Lomax’s fault. Then the video ref debacles to deny Ramsey then give Cronulla a try from a dubious bat back.

Wade Graham was off side at the kick...

redv13

Bench
So Sims’ (one M) error is Dufty’s fault?

Sims (one M) was in the line. Dufty was behind the line.
Yep going across to the wing and did not react at all whilst standing there watching Sims. After the error there was ZERO reaction from Dufty who clearly was not in the right position and over ran the ball. Ramsey was there defensively so not sure what Dufty was thinking

be55

Juniors
Really???? I thought Fui was great tonight, busted his arse, made 36 tackles, was aggressive. Simms had moments of aggression too. The forwards had a massive dig. Vaughan, Lawrie, Fui, Simms
Absolutely mate...I thought Fui had one of his better games tonight...tackled well...some good footwork at the line...should be playing on an edge in my opinion...

Just goes to show we all see the game differently...I can't see why you would knock his performance tonight...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yep going across to the wing and did not react at all whilst standing there watching Sims. After the error there was ZERO reaction from Dufty who clearly was not in the right position and over ran the ball. Ramsey was there defensively so not sure what Dufty was thinking
Those of us who watched the game could see the Sharts kick was to the winger.

Which is where Dufty was.

If Sims doesn’t go for that ball, Dufty gets it.

redv13

Bench
Overall positive. Good positioning in defence & got us back in the game all by himself.

That “knock on” off that kick was a knock back.

Even the Dufty haters will admit that
The point is he does this every game without fail and it’s killing the team. Attack wise brilliant, nobody is doubting that but f**k me there’s no excuse for dropping a regulation kick with zero pressure on him.

jeffdragon

Bench
Its when we gift tries to other teams that really irks me.
We need to win some of the so called easier games in the first 6 rounds.
Cause once we play the third party haves of the comp we might struggle.
We gave it to them on a platter today.
It was deja vu when Dufty scored like he scored on Anzac Day a few years ago.
Then we couldn't get the win and either today.
We didn't complete the next two sets, when we had momentum.
Some good efforts.
Its only round one with Griffin in charge in real games.
Its short term pain for long term gain i hope.
Griffin said Ramsay might he ok for next week.
Pereiera to come in if not .
Norman to bench.in place of williame.
I thought I was a mock but his winning record speaks for itself.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Those of us who watched the game could see the Sharts kick was to the winger.

Which is where Dufty was.

If Sims doesn’t go for that ball, Dufty gets it.
You’re wrong, watch it again. Kennedy kicks it inside and away from Dufty after he sees Dufty has overrun the play.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The point is he does this every game without fail and it’s killing the team. Attack wise brilliant, nobody is doubting that but f**k me there’s no excuse for dropping a regulation kick with zero pressure on him.
He knocks the ball back & has it called a knock on every game without fail?

I think you’re fibbing.

redv13

Bench
How has he overrun the play when he’s behind the line?
If you watch it again it’s pretty easy to see he was running across field and over runs the play and is passed where the ball was kicked and Sims spills it. He’s at least a couple of meters passed the play.