What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

redv13

Bench
Thanks for taking the time to highlight the Sims (one M) error, but we all know he did that.
Guess the dragons number 1 had over run the play but hey no dramas keep denying it. Like I said earlier, Dufty is rocks and diamonds

LINESPEED

Juniors
I haven't read the thread, but seemed much better than last yr, 2 shit errors in goal, down by 14. Come roaring back, bird decks someone and ramsey scores, we are ahead and with all the momentum. They take the try back, sharks get all the luck and i'm not feeling as hopeless as last years (most of mary era).

Yes I left feeling really positive.

And there was a real vibe & energy in the team’s body language before & after the game as they engaged in the tunnel & stand pre & post match - many watching the early game.

The toxicity’s gone & there’s a culture change

I enjoyed the game & the effort from the forwards - especially Vaughny, who did indeed walk the walk tonight.
... & looked logged in & fully engaged.
Onya mate, keep it up. It’s all about consistency though.

A shame Vaughan wasn’t backed up a couple of times

...but that’s been a longterm issue
I’m sure Hook will address.

For me Duff’s try was worth the ticket - as the whole grandstand erupted in unison

Pure adrenaline.

The Club must offer him a contract ASAP

IMO the bounce of the ball, some deft kicking & rub of the green again did us in, along with the errors & still imperfect
linespeed

But there was improvement & 80 mins of effort, so Hook has done well first up with the cattle at hand

Not shook on Clune, so it’ll be good to see Sullivan eventually.

I was disappointed in Sloan and thought the Feagais could’ve shown more zip & general intent.

Love the footy

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Dufty was out of position for the 1st try.
He's the Fb and he wasn't there to clean it up when Hunt miss kicked (which was also a lazy effort). He was nearby but wasn't in position to get the footy or he would of. Simple as that and the likes of Teddy, Paps etc are almost always in the right spot.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Guess the dragons number 1 had over run the play but hey no dramas keep denying it. Like I said earlier, Dufty is rocks and diamonds
How has he “overrun the play” when he’s behind the line and the ball is in front of it?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Absolutely mate...I thought Fui had one of his better games tonight...tackled well...some good footwork at the line...should be playing on an edge in my opinion...

Just goes to show we all see the game differently...I can't see why you would knock his performance tonight...
He was good, especially when he moved to the edge.

redv13

Bench
He's the Fb and he wasn't there to clean it up when Hunt miss kicked (which was also a lazy effort). He was nearby but wasn't in position to get the footy or he would of. Simple as that and the likes of Teddy, Paps etc are almost always in the right spot.
Careful mate the resident orange will howl you down

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
McCullough managed 80min and was still having a dig at the end.
64 tackles, 2 misses, some dummy half runs and a good kick.
Vaughan over 200m in runs, when was the last time that happened.
I thought we played pretty well just had a heap of errors. At least we were in the fight for 70 minutes odd.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He was literally above the ball. Hunt doesn’t try to ‘kick’ that, Dufty grounds it.

There were no Sharts players near the ball at that stage.

redv13

Bench
Maybe try talk about the game rather than try taking it personal.
Well you clearly disagree and believe Dufty was directly behind Sims as you stated earlier if Sims misses the ball then Dufty cleans it up but as I’ve shown Dufty was at least 2 meters past the ball and was never in a position to clean it up if Sims lets it go. Not hard really

qld redvee

Juniors
didnt get to see much of the game if only ramsey had the try allowed would have been good to see if we would have gone on with it
did faamausili do much or get much of a run and what about alvaro ?

from the comments sounds like the 2nd rowers let us down so do we throw bird in there ?

redv13

Bench
didnt get to see much of the game if only ramsey had the try allowed would have been good to see if we would have gone on with it
did faamausili do much or get much of a run and what about alvaro ?

from the comments sounds like the 2nd rowers let us down so do we throw bird in there ?
I think all of our forwards had a crack tonight and not one of them was poor. All the major errors and stuff up’s came from the backs.15 errors, 4 from the forwards

This Year?

Immortal
So many things went wrong in the game and we had a good 10 minute period while the Sharks fell asleep which saw us get back into the game momentarily.
All that did was polish the turd. Some individual moments were good, but those moments need to be turned into habit and set as a standard before we have any delusions of being a 1st grade side.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well you clearly disagree and believe Dufty was directly behind Sims as you stated earlier if Sims misses the ball then Dufty cleans it up but as I’ve shown Dufty was at least 2 meters past the ball and was never in a position to clean it up if Sims lets it go. Not hard really
Where did I say Dufty was directly behind Sims?

And your photo shows Dufty behind the line and the ball. Not 2m in front of it.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
He was literally above the ball. Hunt doesn’t try to ‘kick’ that, Dufty grounds it.

There were no Sharts players near the ball at that stage.
It did look like Hunt could of got in his way there. Who knows? I love Dufty's attacking brilliance but he has to cut some of these errors though.

Spazer

Juniors
You're referring to cronullas second try? We were stripped for numbers due to Bird falling for the decoy and Dufty ran out to mark the unmarked winger which is why it looked like he over ran it. no matter what he does Kennedy will punish him, it's called eyes up football.

I'm not going to defend Duff for his other errors tonight, but Sims should have got to that ball.

redv13

Bench
You're referring to cronullas second try? We were stripped for numbers due to Bird falling for the decoy and Dufty ran out to mark the unmarked winger which is why it looked like he over ran it. no matter what he does Kennedy will punish him, it's called eyes up football.
Did Dufty over run the play?? Was he in a position to cover for Sim’s error??