What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Manly

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dufty was very good.

Its easy for some people to focus on one error and discount the good things he does.

I thought Norman had one of his best games for us...
He is definitely looking more keen but he made some crucial errors. He and Hunt's short kicking game have improved a lot. I can see Sowards influence. His long kicking game wasn't awesome imo. It is good to see our kicks landing a metre out from the line though. Lomax will score a tonne this year if they keep it up. I don't think we conceded a 7 tackle set all night as far as im aware.

Gareth67

First Grade
He also flattened Foran (I think) earlier - with an even bigger hit.

Rav played well - as did all of them
- as they continue to improve, especially in linegoal defence,
...which is a barometer of attitude
... and it won us the contest IMO.

A drop in linespeed for a period after halftime was the only glitch in intensity

Norman errors cost us a couple of tries, but he also created some.& showed his experience.

Pleased to see Tariq find form and see further improvement in Kerr.

Love Bird’s mongrel, will to win & defence - such a contrast to Turnstile

Duff should’ve had a treble,
& although he missed an ingoal cleanup, it’s hardly a hanging offence
-as grubbers are difficult to defend, especially on half volleys.

We still lack slick backline passing skills & timing, but tonight was an improvement again

Great win fellas - you gave us fans a proud & memorable night.

Thanks fo the rundown LINESPEED , this post and the others have given me a good idea of just how the game was played out . We still have more improvement undoubtedly , but as so many members have said already , its a tremendous feeling to see pride in the Dragons jersey finally restored after those cold bitter winters of the last 7 years .

Good times ahead .

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
Thanks fo the rundown LINESPEED , this post and the others have given me a good idea of just how the game was played out . We still have more improvement undoubtedly , but as so many members have said already , its a tremendous feeling to see pride in the Dragons jersey finally restored after those cold bitter winters of the last 7 years .

Good times ahead .

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
Good win by the boys. As many have said, the change in the team is due to the new coaching staff.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to who is doing what behind the scenes? How much does Hook do, and who is responsible for skills.development? What is Ken Gentle doing. Haven't heard anything about his input.

FlameThrower

Bench
Great win, great team spirit building and some good signs. But let’s be level headed as both Cowboys and Manly are bottom 4 sides this year. Knights, Eels and Warriors still to come. Hook and Co, need to keep lid on this ... and keep the focus on.

Dea

Juniors
Rava is gaining a reputation for himself now , Cherry is only a lightweight , but unfortunately he was wearing the wrong jersey . Rava’s huge hit on the the Eels big Fijian winger last season was very similar , plenty of opposition back liners will have one eye on the ball and one eye on Rava in the future .

There were a couple of times in the game that I think players moved away from Ravas side as he was coming for them

BLM01

First Grade
Great win, great team spirit building and some good signs. But let’s be level headed as both Cowboys and Manly are bottom 4 sides this year. Knights, Eels and Warriors still to come. Hook and Co, need to keep lid on this ... and keep the focus on.
Hook aint Mary he will very well keep a lid on it
Mary by now would be already talking how we are sitting in the top eight

Excellent effort by the forwards tonight

Special mention, Vaughan, Sims, & Po.

Hunt, Norman and Macca steered the ship

Dufty finally consistently looking to back up through the middle.

Bird/ Rav physicality add another dimension

Lomax goal kicking faultless

excellent defence

Super kick chase

there was a lot to be pleased with

still making too many mistakes, but you can see steady improvement!

Hook and Co doing a very good job

enthusiasm/passion/effort brought a smile to my face

Go the mighty Saints!!!

Dea

Juniors
2 wins against bottom 8 teams. But we have been a bottom 8 team, and now showing we deserve to be higher. How high? I’m willing to wait and see.
Last week Hook spoke of where we needed to improve.
This week we played better.
Next week is against better opposition but with our continued improvement... 3 wins in a row are possible!

Maddragon99

Juniors
I agree But we still struggle to get out of our end and apply pressure and field position
yes I expect perfection
What a difference 12mths makes. We’ve started 2-1 & improved every week. Will need to improve again to beat Newcastle but I’m confident we’ll get the win.

Last year we were 0-3 with no sign of improvement heading towards 0-4 & effectively out of contention in a shortened COVID Competition.

Hook has got the team humming ready to step up against top 8 teams.

Manly had a lot of second phase play with plenty of offloads but we scrambled well to cover it. Early kicks out of trouble are working with good kick chase.

Loving it!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What a difference 12mths makes. We’ve started 2-1 & improved every week. Will need to improve again to beat Newcastle but I’m confident we’ll get the win.

Last year we were 0-3 with no sign of improvement heading towards 0-4 & effectively out of contention in a shortened COVID Competition.

Hook has got the team humming ready to step up against top 8 teams.

Manly had a lot of second phase play with plenty of offloads but we scrambled well to cover it. Early kicks out of trouble are working with good kick chase.

Loving it!
The offloads are killing us..

That led to the Holmes try last week, and Manly were offloading at will tonight..

If their handling had been better the halftime score line would have been a lot closer..

Maddragon99

Juniors
The offloads are killing us..

That led to the Holmes try last week, and Manly were offloading at will tonight..

If their handling had been better the halftime score line would have been a lot closer..
Scramble defence on your line wins competitions. Not saying we are a premiership threat but we’re heading in the right direction.

Also good luck kicking to our wingers Ravalawa in particular. Great to see Saab get towelled up tonight Ramsey is a beast.

Latest posts