What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toby Rudolf appreciation thread

Special K

Coach
He isn’t worth the dollars being thrown around. If we got the deal done that we wanted it’s a good deal.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The dogs are loading up but if they pay that for Toby there is little money left fir the rest of the forwards cos Barrett has bought every back on offer. Cotric, Allen, JAC, Nadan, Flange and The guy from Penrith they want now.

Last year when Toby went against his deal with the Warriors, didnt he actually agree to a 3 year deal with the Sharks, only for it to be knocked back by the NRL as it was too back ended a deal?
I know in the press he said that he wanted one year deal to prove himself, but that was just a regurgitated line that Talakai had used a few weeks earlier.
He's been open in saying he'll take pretty much whoever offers the most.
A new coach and culture are coming to the club, I wonder if Rudolf would buy into it, even if its a little less money?
Tim Mannah said tonight on NRL tonight that the players end up getting about 41% net after tax and management fees.
If we take hypothetical payments, $650K vs $550K it comes to $266,500 vs $225,500, probably worth it. $650K vs $600K has only a difference of 20K net. If you add in SOO incentives, it may be worth to go to 600K.
I'd definitely not go higher though.

Craigshark

First Grade
After watching him pretty closely last week, I actually don’t think he’s worth much more then 450-500k. He may end up being worth more then that, but at the moment if he can take 650k from the dogs, see ya.

R-15-3

Bench
I’m one of the crazy ones that thinks he is worth the $$ especially if he is under Bellamy & Fitz could really bring him on to be a top 5 middle forward. One of those players that plays better the better the team are going. What we are getting out of him now with the shit around him is just scratching his potential imo

Frenzy.

Immortal
Last year when Toby went against his deal with the Warriors, didnt he actually agree to a 3 year deal with the Sharks, only for it to be knocked back by the NRL as it was too back ended a deal?
I know in the press he said that he wanted one year deal to prove himself, but that was just a regurgitated line that Talakai had used a few weeks earlier.
He's been open in saying he'll take pretty much whoever offers the most.
A new coach and culture are coming to the club, I wonder if Rudolf would buy into it, even if its a little less money?
Tim Mannah said tonight on NRL tonight that the players end up getting about 41% net after tax and management fees.
If we take hypothetical payments, $650K vs $550K it comes to $266,500 vs $225,500, probably worth it. $650K vs $600K has only a difference of 20K net. If you add in SOO incentives, it may be worth to go to 600K.
I'd definitely not go higher though.

They won't though.

If the Sharks offer to SJ is the $400k being reported what makes Toby think he's worth $600 to The Sharks?

He's dreaming. He should take the overs at the Dogs.

They won't though.

If the Sharks offer to SJ is the $400k being reported what makes Toby think he's worth $600 to The Sharks?

He's dreaming. He should take the overs at the Dogs.
They probably wont, but it was a hypothetical scenario, just like the 400K reported, and carried on, by the paper people.
I personally do not believe that if the Sharks were serious about keeping Johnson that they would offer that low ball figure. If they did offer that then they never wanted him to stay. Broncos will give him the 800K he wants.
As for Rudolf, my 6th sense is telling me that if he goes to the Dogs it will not be a happy time for him, but he'll get the cash he wants, so be it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
They probably wont, but it was a hypothetical scenario, just like the 400K reported, and carried on, by the paper people.
I personally do not believe that if the Sharks were serious about keeping Johnson that they would offer that low ball figure. If they did offer that then they never wanted him to stay. Broncos will give him the 800K he wants.
As for Rudolf, my 6th sense is telling me that if he goes to the Dogs it will not be a happy time for him, but he'll get the cash he wants, so be it.

Agree with that. It's a f**k you Shaun if ever there was one,

Special K

Coach
So what’s happening with Sharon Woods?
1 year deal.

While I agree that a 20k difference doesn't make sense to make the jump we need to consider Toby is a mid 20's houso kid. That is not meant as disrespect. He has worked from nothing to where he is. Now he is looking to cash in. He has never seen this sort of money before nor will he again. He has to take what he can. He is 25 with about 30 FG games to his name.

In saying that we made a strong offer but the Dogs if the figures are true have thrown way above his asking price. So cya mate. But I do love him and hope we can find a middle ground.

Last edited: