What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Dogs

redv13

Bench
Injuries and suspensions were always going to be a problem for us this year we knew from the outset we had little depth particularly in the backs.

But we do have some depth in the halves & I think Norman’s place in the team must be hanging by a thread. It can’t be long until either Amone or Sullivan get a chance.

Perhaps Ramsey can play with a needle depending how bad his rib is but otherwise I am looking forward to seeing both Mat & Max play together.

Other player that might be considered is Charly Runciman
Don’t think Runciman is eligible. If Ramsey has a busted rib he isn’t playing for a few weeks, needle or not, very painful injury

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Dufty
2. Feagai
3. Bird
4. Fuimaiono
5. Feagai
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Kerr ( last chance )
13. McGuire
14. Burns
15. Faamausili
16. Alvaro
17. Amone if not Ford
This ^ Fui at centre if not Norman

blacksafake

First Grade
It will be interesting to see what we nominate as our 18 tomorrow.

If we are able field close to what we finished the game with yesterday I hope Hook lightens the training load and concentrates on ball work and combinations.

If our halves and FB don’t fire then the Dogs will scratch out a win.

Norman is so god damned lazy I’d like him out of the team but with troop numbers so low he has to be picked.

I wonder if Hook would consider
Norman to 1
Feagai to 4 other Feagai to 2 if Williame is still out
Clune to 6 or 7 with Hunt
Dufty to 14

Burns or Fui to centre is a big no no for me.
I can see Norman to 4 with Clune to 6.
Dufty has to be 1.

Crush

Coach
Sorry I can’t buy “with the weight of possession they should have beaten us by 20+”
The reason they had the possession was because every time we got possession we dropped the ball!
And to say it’s going to take 3-5 years to turn things around for Hook is crazy IMO.
3-5 years! Screw that.

redv13

Bench
Sorry I can’t buy “with the weight of possession they should have beaten us by 20+”
The reason they had the possession was because every time we got possession we dropped the ball!
And to say it’s going to take 3-5 years to turn things around for Hook is crazy IMO.
3-5 years! Screw that.
We have numerous positional issues like our 1,6,7 and an ageing 9. Issues with our edge forwards, reserve grade is totally f**ked this year. Unless we land some of possm’s fanciful targets we are stuck like this for at least this year and probably 2022. Some good kids coming through yes but can’t imagine things will be settled before 2023

Crush

Coach
We have numerous positional issues like our 1,6,7 and an ageing 9. Issues with our edge forwards, reserve grade is totally f**ked this year. Unless we land some of possm’s fanciful targets we are stuck like this for at least this year and probably 2022. Some good kids coming through yes but can’t imagine things will be settled before 2023
We have a number of players off contract this year and money to play with. If we cannot put together a very competitive team for 2022 then we have good reason to be disappointed.
Same goes for other struggling clubs with new coaches as well. A year to rebuild the roster and introduce your systems, the second year firing and into the eight.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Same goes for other struggling clubs with new coaches as well. A year to rebuild the roster and introduce your systems, the second year firing and into the eight.
Unless it’s Bennett with us..

A year to rebuild back to minor premiers..

A second year firing and into the grand final to win the title..

We won’t talk about the third year giving up halfway through, stripping the club of player & support assets & leaving us in the hands of the clown..

redv13

Bench
We have a number of players off contract this year and money to play with. If we cannot put together a very competitive team for 2022 then we have good reason to be disappointed.
Hope you’re right, more than happy to be proven wrong on this one

getsmarty

Immortal
2021-rd09_preview_8-dragons-v-bulldogs_.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Dragons v Bulldogs: Backline blues for Red V; Napa in doubt
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 3 May 2021, 06:31 PM
Share on social media
Three weeks ago the Dragons were flying high on the back of a four-game winning streak.

Now they're on the wrong end of a three-game slide and struggling to score points. That the Wests Tigers were able to outlast them in round eight is a cause for concern.

Now they face a Bulldogs side that proved two weeks back that if you give them a sniff they're good enough to win matches in this competition.

Canterbury endured an unhappy night against the Eels last weekend, but on current form the Dragons are a step down from that standard.

Match: Dragons v Bulldogs

Round 9 - Sunday 9th May

4:05pm

Home Team

Dragons

6th Position

Away Team

Bulldogs

16th Position

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

• Nine Network
  • Kayo
  • Foxtel
Buy Tickets
The rundown
Team news
Dragons: A double blow in the loss to Wests Tigers with centre Zac Lomax suffering a dislocated thumb and possibly facing a month on the sidelines. A rib injury to Cody Ramsey leaves the Red V scratching around for wingers with Mikaele Ravalawa and Jordan Pereira still susended.

Billy Burns shifted to the centres when Lomax left the field in Wollongong and may find himself there again.

Bulldogs: Prop Dylan Napa is in some doubt after injuring his shoulder against the Eels so Renouf Atoni or Ava Seumanufagai could come into the starting side.

Lachlan Lewis (head knock) and Jackson Topine (knee) made their returns via NSW Cup on the weekend.

Match: Dragons v Bulldogs

Round 9 - Sunday 9th May

4:05pm

Home Team

Dragons

Away Team

Bulldogs

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Last updated: 11:06 pm Monday 3rd May 2021

Key match-up
Ben Hunt v Kyle Flanagan. Hunt was looking a rejuvenated man before breaking his leg and now that he's back he needs to recapture that spark. Flanagan is learning the hard way that if your forwards aren't matching it with the opposition the No.7 jersey can be a tough one to wear. If the men in front of him don't match it with the Dragons pack he could be in for another long afternoon.

Stat attack
Canterbury completed their sets at 79 per cent against Parramatta but generated just two line break and averaged just 33 metres gained per set of six. Their opponents - Parramatta - averaged 15 extra metres per set.

Head to NRL Pick'Em and get pickin’ to win a share of $100,000 cash every week!

Dragons v Bulldogs
What will be the result in this Telstra Premiership clash?

Dragons v Bulldogs What will be the result in this Telstra Premiership clash?
  • Dragons 1-12
    38%
  • Dragons 13+
    32%
  • Bulldogs 1-12
    25%
  • Bulldogs 13+
    5%
1,784 Votes

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/03/dragons-v-bulldogs-backline-blues-for-red-v-napa-in-doubt/

thebigredv

First Grade
I'd like to see a young winger or make shift winger come in and play their heart out. Put a few performances in and make Ramsey fight for his position back. Cody has been trying but not really impacting matches. Maybe it's the lack of quality ball making its way to him but even so, he needs to bulk before he becomes more effective.