What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd9: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 7/5/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
The only lucky call we got all night was them completely missing Drown's knees and he should have been binned.

Other than that, the ref ignored every dirty tactic from the Roosters, Manu was off side pretty much the entire first half. Their hands were on the ball in every tackle well after held being called and they never get penalised.

The RCG no try is confusing to me, the person with the best view on the park went up as try, he was literally standing in the perfect position to get the most accurate ruling and he said try. So then when the ball disappears from view, just because there were hands in front of the camera view, doesn't mean that the ball didn't for even a millisecond touch the grass, so how can they overturn it? I would have been happy either way if he said no try and it was no try as there was no conclusive evidence to overturn.

The Papali'i obstruction was weird to me but i guess common sense will never prevail with obstructions.

The NRL f**ked up on 2 fronts last night, after coming out and saying they were going to make sure they penalise consistent infringements and then the Roosters committing consistent infringements and getting warned continuously, they failed to act on their promise and they made a song and dance about player welfare and completely missed Drown's knees into Hutchison.........amateur hour!

As someone mentioned, Reed doesn't get injured if they call the forward pass to Tedesco in the in goal we get a drop out, instead we lose Reed for an unknown amount of time.

My last gripe is with other fans whinging about Gutho talking to the ref too much, Tedesco did not stay away from the ref last night, he sooked the entire game, every chance he got he was whinging to the ref right from the outset.....FMD!

Anyways, i don't think we were as bad as made out, even with the Roosters injuries they have a quality forward pack, great defensive structures in place so it should be hard to score against them. We just ground our way the entire game and prevailed. We should have won by more but we had 2 disallowed tries and Fergo was a bees dick away from scoring as well.

hindy111

Post Whore
D.Brown deserves 3-4 weeks imo. He lead with the knees and punctured a guys lungs. I'm sure if this happend to one of our players we would be screaming.
Marata was unlucky as Teddy bounces like a ping pong and was falling. Imo just one of those things in a contact sport.

IFR33K

Coach
One of the worst decisions from last night was when sivo stole the ball one on one from the bomb that resulted in a roosters penalty. Momentum killer ..

Bandwagon

Staff member
D.Brown deserves 3-4 weeks imo. He lead with the knees and punctured a guys lungs. I'm sure if this happend to one of our players we would be screaming.
Marata was unlucky as Teddy bounces like a ping pong and was falling. Imo just one of those things in a contact sport.

Disagree on Brown, for mine he loses footing trying to pull out too late, so it's careless rather than reckless, and the resulting injury really shouldn't play a part in it.

84 Baby

Referee
One of the worst decisions from last night was when sivo stole the ball one on one from the bomb that resulted in a roosters penalty. Momentum killer ..
That one shat me no end. Blind Johnny could see he was going for the ball and didn’t obstruct, let alone tackle, Ikuvalu. And it wasn’t a Rudolf on Ponga going for the ball. Whistle was in his mouth before they landed, opposed to being in his back pocket on two obvious forward passes in the lead up to Drowns kneeing

Bandwagon

Staff member
That one shat me no end. Blind Johnny could see he was going for the ball and didn’t obstruct, let alone tackle, Ikuvalu. And it wasn’t a Rudolf on Ponga going for the ball. Whistle was in his mouth before they landed, opposed to being in his back pocket on two obvious forward passes in the lead up to Drowns kneeing

*one forward pass and a clear knock on.

And they sent that up a f**king try.

crocodile

Bench
Disagree on Brown, for mine he loses footing trying to pull out too late, so it's careless rather than reckless, and the resulting injury really shouldn't play a part in it.
I thought the same thing too. Still, he could have jumped over him.

No idea what Marata could've done. He can't just vanish. Looks more like he saw a tackle was made and braced himself so he doesn't get knocked into the grandstand.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What shits me about the RCG no-try call is that later in the game, Paulo lost the ball; the ref called a strip, and awarded us a penalty; the Roosters used a Captain's Challenge; the video was inconclusive (because Gutherson was standing in the way); the bunker went with the on-field call.

Why, then, did the bunker over-rule the initial on-field call of try, when there was insufficient evidence to outright overturn the decision?

Surely the inconclusive evidence should have supported the original call of try?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I've watched the Drown event in slow-mo a few times. I've no issue with his penalty but the incident was pure accident. The sloppy passing looked to achieve little until the ball popped up off Morris, clearly going forward. Play on says the ref. Drown is coming across in cover and when he see the knock on not called he floored it trying to make the tackle. As he accelerates the player drops to his knees and goes for the long slide. Drown is in no man's land. He obviously expected the player to continue upright so as the player dropped so did Drown and at the speed he was travelling his reaction time was zero. Yes it was bad. Could it have been avoided, I don't think so. Sometimes accidents just happen. Qudos to Drown for not giving up. His reaction/anticipation was outstanding.

Chipmunk

Coach
I've watched the Drown event in slow-mo a few times. I've no issue with his penalty but the incident was pure accident. The sloppy passing looked to achieve little until the ball popped up off Morris, clearly going forward. Play on says the ref. Drown is coming across in cover and when he see the knock on not called he floored it trying to make the tackle. As he accelerates the player drops to his knees and goes for the long slide. Drown is in no man's land. He obviously expected the player to continue upright so as the player dropped so did Drown and at the speed he was travelling his reaction time was zero. Yes it was bad. Could it have been avoided, I don't think so. Sometimes accidents just happen. Qudos to Drown for not giving up. His reaction/anticipation was outstanding.

I'd be surprised if anyone, in the history of the game, has done what Drown did, on purpose.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd be surprised if anyone, in the history of the game, has done what Drown did, on purpose.
Agree it wasn’t intentional, however we seem to live in a world were the judiciary penalties are loaded if the player suffers injury vs no injury plus they are quite reactionary to a media melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.