What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Smug Panther

First Grade
Smug, You're entitled to your viewpoint.

You're right about being some 'bad apples' within religious groups.

I've been involved with religious groups most of my life, and found them to be caring, kind and have the best interests of children and families.

I'm also very aware this hasn't been everyone's experience of the church and religious organisations.

In saying all of this it's a bit like this regarding religion and the church.....

The whole Catholic church isn't "a few bad apples". It's a pedo rape cult and anyone who's given them a single cent is as guilty as the men f**king the kids.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Yes DD. I've seen this argument a million times. But you can hardly blame parents not wishing this fate upon their children. And thus they are labelled homophobic, a truly horrible invented word. So its like a dog chasing its tail, really.
The only person, who hates that label, are homophobic people.

Smug Panther

First Grade
As a kid who was molested I'm very passionate about it so I'll stop here.

Life is terrifying but we are on our own, theirs no magic man looking after us. It's a nice thought but it's childish

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Life is terrifying but we are on our own, theirs not a magic man looking after us. It's a nice thought but it's childish

I am so very sorry to hear that Smug.

I know that doesn't 'change' anything.

Some dreadful things happened.

I was friends with a bloke in the 1990's.....a wonderful man called Professor Patrick Parkinson...when he was writing on this subject.

He found the Catholic Church difficult to deal with: in them taking responsibility for what happened.

The_Frog

First Grade
Why am I a hypocrite?
Well you appear to like putting labels on people. This was a large part of the problem with the gay community wasn't it? The names they were called in the past (which still exist but aren't considered nice these days). If you don't like derogatory labels being placed on you I would consider it to be hypocritical to place them on others.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Well you appear to like putting labels on people. This was a large part of the problem with the gay community wasn't it? The names they were called in the past (which still exist but aren't considered nice these days). If you don't like derogatory labels being placed on you I would consider it to be hypocritical to place them on others.
Labels hey? It appears that you are a homophobe. If you are, then that's on you. Oh, and as for me labeling someone, apart from homophobic people, I do not label others, as a rule. I call them out, it is that simple.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
So Smug tell me more:

If that were the case these groups wouldn't exist:

The Flying Doctor.....(Rev John Flynn)

Life Line (Rev Ted Noffs)

Samarations (Anglican church)

St Vinnies (Catholic church)

The Red Cross

The Salvation Army.

World Vision.

and the list goes on.

Think of a world without them, before using such a broad stroke of generalization.
And Father Ted.

BxTom

Bench

Life is terrifying but we are on our own, theirs no magic man looking after us. It's a nice thought but it's childish
There are pedos in hospitals, swimming clubs, surf life saving, Police Paramedics etc, etc, etc. Let's close all of them down too... And I have dfealt with many people that were abused, some of whom are now Priests in the same organisations in which they were abused. They want to change the organisations for the better. Think about that.

roofromoz

First Grade
Thoughts on Critter playing origin next year? If that deadshit Latrell does Latrell things around that time I think he'll get a shot, assuming he's playing centre for us

I think with Momirovski leaving he definitely will be in the centres. Staines will probably get first shot on the wing, but Taylan May looked good in that one match.

Latest posts