What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Colk

First Grade
Most union fans in nsw and qld also have league teams. As super rugby has declined they just pay more attention to their league teams. At a guess in Sydney I would say the roosters would be the biggest beneficiaries of this and also manly

I do agree that Manly has a big opportunity here. Maybe stretch their support from the upper shore to the CC.

Colk

First Grade
Battering ram.
Wouldn`t have a clue.

Two things on that: 1) If we can get teams like the Roosters, who have a pretty clean cut reputation, continuing to push into private schools, then this will us to further tap into their union ( mostly ex-League kids anyway ) players and make League more accepted there;
2) don`t underestimate the disdain a lot of north shore and private school types have for fumbleball either, they`re big-heads and they won`t go for small time parochial Aussie sport like f-ball.

Hopefully that is the case because they should. I don’t like either Union or Fumbleball but I at least can understand (to a degree) why people might like Union. Heck it is at least played in a fair few countries.

Fumbleball is an absolute atrocity

Union is a cockroach which needs to be squashed

for many reasons

it’s a shame the arlc hasn’t been more proactive about undermining union. Unions fall from grace has been all self inflicted

literally this thread is an example of union needing to sign league players to get publicity. They can’t get any on their own

league had no problem getting into Melbourne without union

Perth will be the same
Its probably clickbait journalism from news as opposed to anything sinister from Rugby Australia.

Hopefully that is the case because they should. I don’t like either Union or Fumbleball but I at least can understand (to a degree) why people might like Union. Heck it is at least played in a fair few countries.

Fumbleball is an absolute atrocity
Im sure any atrocities out there would be hugely offended by the comparison .

Colk

First Grade
Im sure any atrocities out there would be hugely offended by the comparison .

I was using the term in a humorous way or context: an extremely distasteful thing. Think of say that was a fashion atrocity or that was a culinary atrocity

THE CHAMP

First Grade
They have a 50/22 rule in place now

Stolen straight from league

Much easier kick though

What other ideas will they steal

Limited tackles perhaps?
13 a side?

Much easier kick though

Limited tackles perhaps?
13 a side?
This rule was taken to the International rugby board by Australians. The board agreed to it and thought it was great, all without knowing that the Aussies had just taken it from League. They found out after.
Rugby people now say they "borrowed" it from League.
They've already taken defensive structures from League as well, that's why you see so many Leaguies getting paid as coaches in their sport.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
This rule was taken to the International rugby board by Australians. The board agreed to it and thought it was great, all without knowing that the Aussies had just taken it from League. They found out after.
Rugby people now say they "borrowed" it from League.
They've already taken defensive structures from League as well, that's why you see so many Leaguies getting paid as coaches in their sport.
They have also sped up the ruck. It's almost as fast as a play the ball at times.
They're getting more like league all the time

siv

First Grade
I do agree that Manly has a big opportunity here. Maybe stretch their support from the upper shore to the CC.
Manly will never be linked to the CC until the new freeway from French Forest to Calga gets built and a railway link is built

pims

Juniors

Much easier kick though

Limited tackles perhaps?
13 a side?
the shot clock is currently an idea to reduce scrum time, they also have the line drop-out when a ball gets taken in-goal by the attacking team

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
They have also sped up the ruck. It's almost as fast as a play the ball at times.
They're getting more like league all the time
As long as they don`t have a 5 or 10 metre rule then they can speed up the ruck all they like and it won`t make any difference, because the defence is always in your face.
And as long as they have rucks they can never have a 5 or 10 metre rule because it`s too hard to tell who`s in the ruck and who isn`t.

Sign Maika Sivo , Nico Hynes , Stephen Crichton, Angus Crichton, Ben Hunt , Selwyn Cobbo , Xavier Coates

we might win a game or two

Perth Tiger

Bench
Sign Maika Sivo , Nico Hynes , Stephen Crichton, Angus Crichton, Ben Hunt , Selwyn Cobbo , Xavier Coates

we might win a game or two
They would all be standing around getting a cold while the Aussie fat f**ks get squashed and ‘out scrimmaged’ by the fat f**ks from other nations