What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old School

Juniors
I only hope Parr`s arrival has changed our recruitment mentality. Am sick to death of us signing half arsed players
who's quota of decent games per year can be counted on one hand, all hype & no go! At least Hastings puts his body on the line in both attack & defence not playing the game in a dinner suit like some. The same can be said for Elliot & Hetherington at this stage, hopefully they won't catch Knights disease that has afflicted so many recruits who turned up here with promise & turned to shit. Klemmer gave a bugger about his team & his performance & always put in, such a shame he had to leave because of the $$$ he was eating up. I can think of 3 players who are eating up a ton of money on long term contracts that you wouldn't feed, but manage to string a few decent games together around Origin selection time each year & that's about it(the old skeleton hit the nail on the head). Good old uncle Phil threw money at them like it was going out of style, which puts us in the hole we never seem to be able to dig our self out of. Best Christmas present I can ask for is for everyone to dig in & have a red hot go instead of the meek surrender we have seen in the last few seasons & while I'm at it, a decent coach in the new year might just do the trick!

slotmachine

First Grade
The NSW Cup coach is going to have a nice problem fitting in Clune, Crossland, Gamble, Randall, Simi and Johns.

Until we're smashed by injuries of course.

Yosh

Coach
Hopefully Hastings, Elliot and Hetherington can bring a big change of mentality and harden up our squad.

Hopefully Ponga can take a step back and just play his part on the field instead of trying to be the everything and everywhere man. Doesn't suit him.

Old School

Juniors
Maybe we could offer up ``Gun Forward`` Lachie Fitzgibbon to the sharks as an enticement to release Miller!
Any club would be mad to pass that one up, maybe throw in a few prestige properties at Windale to seal the deal, Yee Haa ! or there's always the incentive for any budding Knights recruit to join Ponga & Man's pub band, Crowded Shithouse, now playing at a pub near you.

perverse

Referee
Don’t understand the hype on Gamble. Mann is a better a better 5/8 than he is.
We're at that pitiful point where any change is seen as hopeful.

The reality is any steps forward for us primarily have to come from improving what we already have - both already in first grade and coming through. This attitude that we can just buy in fixes to our problems is well meaning but midguided. What ever happened to improving players that we have?

For example - look at our general attitude toward Dan Saifiti in the past 12-18 months. From hero to zero. We basically need that, but in reverse - and to most of our squad. We need to be looking at players like KP and rather than saying internally "wasted potential" be saying "out and out superstar".

Do we have the coaching staff and backroom team to achieve such a turn around? I'd say no given current evidence. Pleasant surprises are always welcome, though. I'd prefer to have a successful team and have to eat my own words on the coach than be right that AOB is a plonker and have a forever awful team.

Latest posts