What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
What about Bradman Playing fullback? I know he struggled there as a junior on occasions, but it is not completely foreign to him. Mapa can continue his development from centre.
If we’re going to play someone out of position I’d rather it be Gagai tbh. Or at a stretch maybe Mann because it would at least utilise his broken field running which is probably what he’s best at.

Bdubs

Juniors
If we’re going to play someone out of position I’d rather it be Gagai tbh. Or at a stretch maybe Mann because it would at least utilise his broken field running which is probably what he’s best at.
if we are moving Ponga to 5/8, which is what i believe we should be doing, we are going to need to buy a fullback from another club as we don't have anyone at the club ready for first grade.

I remember when Gagai was first here, he played a couple of games at fullback and he would get dominated returning the ball. It didn't work then, i don't see it working now.

Miller would be a good fit for us, but doesn't sound likely any more.

What are some other options?

Jono078

Referee
Is no one else concerned at all about Ponga’s kicking game? Yeah he might do other things nicely at 5/8th but kicking is a big component..

Is no one else concerned at all about Ponga’s kicking game? Yeah he might do other things nicely at 5/8th but kicking is a big component..
Its certainly something he'll need to work on if indeed they are moving him to 5/8

He has the entire offseason and the tutelage of the 8th immortal to get it polished up i guess

His kicking game is less of a worry than who replaces him at FB though

Jono078

Referee
Its certainly something he'll need to work on if indeed they are moving him to 5/8

He has the entire offseason and the tutelage of the 8th immortal to get it polished up i guess

His kicking game is less of a worry than who replaces him at FB though
He already had a whole off-season previously (albeit without Johns) and it wasn’t so promising.

Our long kicking game is a concern. Brailey might be called upon more often to help out there.

Knight76

Juniors
Well if you think Pongas 1-1 defence is bad....

Ponga shut down, let me think here.....practically zero 1-1 on the line tackles of am opposition player who made a break. I honestly can't remember any.

Gags going there, if we don't get Miller, is the most likely option. As long as his positioning is good for kicks and in D on the line to clear up grubbers etc, and if he returns the ball at pace trying to get as many metres as possible then he is already better at FB than Ponga is there.

Burwood

Bench
I thought Ponga actually did put his body on the line in defence for the two games he played after Origin 3. There was a noticeable difference in attitude.

Knight76

Juniors
Geez it would be a tough ask on Kurt Mann to throw him in to thr 1 one, after asking him to bulk up to play lock last year, and all the other spots he has been shifted in to. But OB does seems to love picking Mann so I am sure he will pop up somewhere.

slotmachine

First Grade
Geez it would be a tough ask on Kurt Mann to throw him in to thr 1 one, after asking him to bulk up to play lock last year, and all the other spots he has been shifted in to. But OB does seems to love picking Mann so I am sure he will pop up somewhere.

Mann has been in the starting side every game since AOB got here with the exception of one where he was coming back from injury and came off the bench. Pretty sure he's in the 17 somewhere

macavity

Referee
Herbie Farnsworth can negotiate for next year and wants to play FB.

Apparently we thought we had him before he re-signed on a one year deal with the Donks.

Wonder if we have another sniff.

they probably wouldn’t release him for this year, but it happens a lot.

Yosh

Coach
Herbie Farnsworth can negotiate for next year and wants to play FB.

Apparently we thought we had him before he re-signed on a one year deal with the Donks.

Wonder if we have another sniff.

they probably wouldn’t release him for this year, but it happens a lot.
I think he wants 800k... Is he worth it? Wouldn't Miller only want half that?

Jono078

Referee
I wouldn't be happy to get Fairnworth as a fullback.

Too much money and risk in it.

It's not like he's an Inglis or Latrell moving from centres to fullback.

TooheysNew

Coach
If Doueihi is worth 900k and Farnsworth 800k what the f**k is a good player worth?
Munster should be on 4 million a year at that rate.
There's a big gap in most cases between what a player thinks they are worth and what a club will actually pay.