What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

Iamback

Coach
We need Garner for his ability to cover centre. Unless Ivan does go Cole in the 14 but I'd rather the young bloke playing full games in cup till origin.
Peach shouldn't really be an option for the bench

I think our bench changes even from game to game.

If as I have been told and Cole is the 6 for WCC, He should then be 14 for the 1st few weeks of the year.

That will give Alamonti a month or so in NSW Cup we can then rotate those 2 and the others.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think our bench changes even from game to game.

If as I have been told and Cole is the 6 for WCC, He should then be 14 for the 1st few weeks of the year.

That will give Alamonti a month or so in NSW Cup we can then rotate those 2 and the others.
I think we need to pick our best 17 every week.
Switching the bench around doesn’t seem very productive to me.

Iamback

Coach
No, because that would obviously not be our best 17. Cole wouldn’t be in my NRL team unless he’s covering injury. He’d be in cup, working on being a 6

But we likely have a 6 on the bench early on to cover for Luai.

You are right that player very likely will go back down and play 6.

Some weeks we will want to only give Kenny 60 mins instead of 80 and so on.

For that reason the bench will change through out the year, It will help us if anything

Luke Bowden

First Grade
But we likely have a 6 on the bench early on to cover for Luai.

You are right that player very likely will go back down and play 6.

Some weeks we will want to only give Kenny 60 mins instead of 80 and so on.

For that reason the bench will change through out the year, It will help us if anything

I’m not sure they will. Romey will either be good to go, or he won’t. Having a 6 on the bench would tell me he’s not ready.

A bench hooker is far more likely in my opinion.

Iamback

Coach
I’m not sure they will. Romey will either be good to go, or he won’t. Having a 6 on the bench would tell me he’s not ready.

A bench hooker is far more likely in my opinion.

Being fit to play and wanting to ease him back to playing 80 mins is different. If we didn't have Cogger on the bench we don't win the GF.

Even if you are right, Soni Luke won't stay on the bench all year getting minimal game time.

That will be mixed up depending on circumstances.

Schneider hasn't played with anyone in the side, coming up to Origin having him play 14 makes sense to get used to the guys

Alintheeast

Juniors
No bans for Wigan, somehow, ahead of the WCC. Harry Smith got away with just a fine, nothing at all for Kaide Ellis.

Now just the nervous wait to hear on Leeming & Keighran's injuries before the squad is announced on Thursday. If Keighran is out, I'd expect young Zach Eckersley to be in at centre. Leeming being out could go a few ways.
Any relation to David Eckersley.

murraymob

Coach
No relation that I'm aware of.

Wigan have announced that the Man of the Match on Saturday will receive the Bill Ashurst medal, a great move IMO.
Great move Bill was one of the most skilled players to ever pull on a panther jersey but also one off the laziest .He could turn the dial up up then the next 60 minutes be missing .Most would not remember him .But along with Mike stephenson great English recruits

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Being fit to play and wanting to ease him back to playing 80 mins is different. If we didn't have Cogger on the bench we don't win the GF.

Even if you are right, Soni Luke won't stay on the bench all year getting minimal game time.

That will be mixed up depending on circumstances.

Schneider hasn't played with anyone in the side, coming up to Origin having him play 14 makes sense to get used to the guys
Cogger was on the bench in the GF because the chance of Romey doing his shoulder again was very high.

If Romey can’t play 80, I doubt very much he plays at all. Just my opinion, but I can’t really see any point in easing him back in, he’s missed as much footy as Nathan and there is no chat about easing him back in.

Schneider needs to be in cup playing in our System. He’s a 7 and needs to be ready to cover Nathan. Sitting on the bench on won’t do that.

Soni or Sommo at 14 makes sense with our rotation.

Peach or a utility that can play in the middle also makes sense.

Great move Bill was one of the most skilled players to ever pull on a panther jersey but also one off the laziest .He could turn the dial up up then the next 60 minutes be missing .Most would not remember him .But along with Mike stephenson great English recruits
I remember our 2 English imports of the seventies.

Bill Ashurst was a 70's version of John Cartwright, able to slip the ball in impossible situations, but more often than not would try at the wrong time.

Mike Stephenson was just an out and out pro. Tried his guts out every week.

murraymob

Coach
Can’t see the club taking any chances with injured players this early in the season no need to.We have a good squad