What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Sime_11

Juniors
if Critta is on more than 750 that would make me feel better

cant help but feel 750 offered to critta makes him stay

soc123_au

Staff member
if Critta is on more than 750 that would make me feel better

cant help but feel 750 offered to critta makes him stay
Depends on what you believe, but reports were around 800k for Critta. If that is the case you would think 750k would have kept him here.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Jesse was a defensive liability in that 1st grade game against Parra. Why do you all think he’d be better than other options?
Because that was 1 game…. Name a first grade player that hasn’t been a “Defensive Liability” at some point in their career.

If you want another critter type player, he’s the best option.
I’d start him on the wing.

Iamback

Coach
What makes him better than Martin?

Where did I say he was?

I wouldn't re-sign Garner as it makes no sense with Sorro/Martin locked in long term.

Though we are thin on edge forwards at the club.

Whereas we have a stack of centres that look good, One of whom has played backrow in lower grades

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Where did I say he was?

I wouldn't re-sign Garner as it makes no sense with Sorro/Martin locked in long term.

Though we are thin on edge forwards at the club.

Whereas we have a stack of centres that look good, One of whom has played backrow in lower grades
You said earlier that Tago could be the best backrower in the comp.

Just wondering why you think he could be better than Martin, Kikau etc.

Hooked

Juniors
Finefeuiaki should be looked at closely. Looks like Kikau v2. He wouldn’t be on much at the Cows and his game time is limited by having Luki and Nanai ahead of him.

Genuinely think that’s one position the internal stocks might not be able to cover right now as far as total package. Size, height, strength, skill. Thoughts?

Looked alright in my limited viewing of him. Could play an impact role off the bench. Particularly if Garner isn't kept or Geyer doesn't step up.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
You said earlier that Tago could be the best backrower in the comp.

Just wondering why you think he could be better than Martin, Kikau etc.

I thought you meant I wanted him taking Martin's spot.

Kikau fades in and out of games, Has a brain explosion of 2 in him.

Martin is the hardest running backrower and hits hard in defence but doesn't have the footwork to beat most defenders

Tago hits most of those boxes as to what you want, Throw in he can play both sides and you can really tactically use him in multiple positions

maple_69

Bench
Surely $750 is inflated. $650 would be fair and he could be worth it but hasn't strung a full season together yet.

If May sticks at centre and the cap works out, I'd definitely be happy to move Tago to the backrow to play that 17 role but with big (50-60) minutes and run McLean/Cole & May in the centres. He might not be as good as Martin but he'd bring something different to the role vs Sorro/Martin which we're increasingly lacking.

We seem pretty flush with great outside back prospects but all our backrow prospects get transitioned into other positions, mostly the middle.

Iamback

Coach
Looked alright in my limited viewing of him. Could play an impact role off the bench. Particularly if Garner is kept or Geyer doesn't step up.

Garner is the unknown.

He does a decent job but took a pay cut here, Likely pay double to keep him, I'd rather keep May over him.

The problem is Mav hasn't developed and guys like Hassett have a while to come on.

So bringing in someone makes sense but the loser clubs will pay more

Latest posts