What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
All this again. Is there not a year when we don't get any rumours about player unrest? Bloody hell no wonder no-one of any decency wants to come to us. What is the club doing about bringing all this down and stop this rubbish.

If Lomax is not happy, put him back to centre and put Bird somewhere else - I'm not keen for him to be on the bench so I don't know where Flanno could play Bird.

Somehow I think Lomax thinks that he is better than what he really is. Hook dropped him and now Flanno puts him on the wing. I think that the chemistry at the moment stinks. Better to bring back the combo of Lomax and Rava on the right side and Suli with Matt Feagai on the left side like before.

The journos are at it again so they have to be told to eff off.

I am sick to death of the bloody dramas we have each year.

TheRev

First Grade
I am a bit concerned about 2025 though, realising that Frank, jdb and Sua are all off contract.. And no obvious replacements bar May if we could steal him.. Recruitment rly is a shit sandwich for us...

Plus everytime someone even looks like they're doing well here.. 6 other clubs are making enquiries.. Somehow we have to keep them all together while we fix this roster.

TruSaint

Referee
Hunt didn't do anything wrong there, just cherry picked his words for a headline.

You're right mate, but just look at where we are at.

Hunt wanting out. Played out in the press for months. Lomax wanting out is not news. We struggle to recruit and now to even maintain.

For me, Flanno has a clean slate. f**k 2024. Clean the place out.

Mark my words, if we go on a losing streak Hunt will start his media dance again. Give me a new direction with guys that want to don this jersey. Hunt is still here because we didn't release him. Not because he gives 2 hoots about the Club. If he cared, the spectacle he created wouldn't have happened. He got to play 7 for our Club so he can try and secure a bench spot for QLD.

Clear the Titanic out FFS.
Rant over.

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
Well, After thinking about Matt Feagai, I thought what really went wrong in 2023. So went searching and found this in youtube. It is highlights Matt Feagai from 2022.

Seriously, I would have thought he would be a regular first grader by 2024. That try against Broncs (around 9th minute), he stepped 7 Broncos. Anyway, there were few nice ones that he linked with Ramsey too.

Surely we were jinxed. Apart from Sloan, all these young guys coming up together, have more or else failed. yes, jinxed. There can be no other explanation.
I reckon Mary’s got 17 voodoo dolls in his office

Mojo

Bench
WTF is wrong? Unhappy players because we're not winners! We're not winners because we're not happy! C'mon guys, it's not schoolboy footy. Grow up and prove yourselves to your diehard supporters. You're all paid squillions anyway! You have no right to be 'unhappy'! It's your job to win. It's not an option to lose consistently and then say 'I don't like this anymore; let me out'. Fair dinkum, I never thought I'd hear this shit from a Dragons side. It's completely ridiculous and so incredibly disappointing.

mickeylane

Bench
Lomax you should be wearing a skirt mate.. f**k him off and pick up a real centre - not this imposter.
He’s not a centre - he’s a winger form doesn’t lie… he was never in contention for Origin whilst playing centre all
Of a sudden he’s in origin contention because Flanno was smart enough to push him out wide to use his best skills ..
Size and jumping..
anyhow let him stew in 2024 then f**k him off!!
Foot Note: in 2023 he was rated the 24th best centre in the comp based on stats..

This Year?

Immortal
I'm so over Hunt talking about "direction". He's the captain and very much part of that direction. Why is he talking about Lomax? Has the club let him talk to the media about Lomax? Why isn't Lomax talking to the media himself?
It all feels like amateur hour.

*edit* It's not even round 3 and I'm already f**king over the media's neverending pursuit of unhappiness.

Last edited:

dragon75

Juniors
WTF is wrong? Unhappy players because we're not winners! We're not winners because we're not happy! C'mon guys, it's not schoolboy footy. Grow up and prove yourselves to your diehard supporters. You're all paid squillions anyway! You have no right to be 'unhappy'! It's your job to win. It's not an option to lose consistently and then say 'I don't like this anymore; let me out'. Fair dinkum, I never thought I'd hear this shit from a Dragons side. It's completely ridiculous and so incredibly disappointing.
This is about club culture and leadership or the lack of...and this is not about Flanno senior. Still a long way to rectify the previous damage done to our club. If Lomax comes out and says he wants out , drop him and make an example of him . To play for the Mighty v comes pride and passion, and this is first and foremost.

TruSaint

Referee
If flanno let everyone go who's having a bad day.. We wouldn't have a squad left for 2025..

He would only let lomax go if he felt the swap was an overall win for the dragons.. Same with hunt.

Of course mate. I get that.

We ( as a collective ), created this mess because we are mediocre and have NO identity. They are not buzz words. Flanno will do what he to do to keep us relevant. Fair.

It's round 2 FFS. Souths dropped their half, Newcastle their half, and so on. Yet we have iron clad players whining and moaning about "positions". Hunt qualified all his statements by talking about losing and what that does to a squad. How about he LEAD the team and leave the press to jerk off internally.

Dragon David

First Grade
Gee I wouldn't want these guys backing me up in warfare. They would run the opposite way and hide in the bunker. Blow me down sooking has been the craze at our club. Just think how our old school guys must be thinking (mostly from above). They would bend backwards to get us the win every game and they would play and back each other up not sook around crying like babies. Man up you sons of bitches for Christ's sake!!

If you cannot hack it, then piss off and don't come back crying because it is not greener on the other side of the field. You don't deserve to ever have been a part of the Dragons - just pack your bags and go - there I said it but it won't be said by the club unfortunately.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm so over Hunt talking about "direction". He's the captain and very much part of that direction. Why is he talking about Lomax? Has the club let him talk to the media about Lomax? Why isn't Lomax talking to the media himself?

*edit* It's not even round 3 and I'm already f**king over the media's neverending pursuit of unhappiness.

Nailed it.
STFU

Not a captains rissole

Fancy talking about Lomax in the media

Put the 2 of them in a boat and torpedo it