What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R4 Mon - Parramatta 16-17 Wests Tigers @ CommBank

Round 4: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Download or read 'The Front Row' match programme HERE

PAR-2024-THIRDALT.png
WST-2024-SECOND.png

NRL 2024 - Round 4
Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers
CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal (TICKETS)

Monday 1 April 2024
NRL kickoff 4:00pm AEDT.

Broadcast on Fox, Kayo.

PARRAMATTA2024.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Morgan Harper 5. Sean Russell 6. Blaize Talagi 7. Dylan Brown 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Joey Lussick 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. J'maine Hopgood 14. Luca Moretti 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Joe Ofahengaue 17. Kelma Tuilagi 18. Ofahiki Ogden 19. Wiremu Greig 20. Brendan Hands 21. Makahesi Makatoa 22. Bailey Simonsson

Out: Mitchell Moses (halfback)
In: Maika Sivo (wing), Ofahiki Ogden (bench), Wiremu Greig (bench), Brendan Hands (reserve), Makahesi Makatoa (reserve), Bailey Simonsson (reserve)
Changes: Morgan Harper (wing to centre), Blaize Talagi (centre to five-eighth), Dylan Brown (five-eighth to halfback), Joe Ofahengaue (front row to bench), Junior Paulo (bench to front row)

WESTSTIGERS2024.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Solomona Faataape 4. Justin Olam 5. Junior Tupou 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jayden Sullivan 15. Alex Seyfarth 16. Asu Kepaoa 17. Samuela Fainu 18. Justin Matamua 19. Latu Fainu 20. Alexander Lobb 21. Brent Naden 22. Tallyn Da Silva

Out: Alex Twal (bench)
In: Asu Kepaoa (bench), Justin Matamua (bench), Latu Fainu (bench), Alexander Lobb (reserve), Brent Naden (reserve), Tallyn Da Silva (reserve)

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

---

H2H since 2000: 46 matches, Parramatta 29 Wests Tigers 16
Commbank: 6 matches, Parramatta 5 Wests Tigers 1
Last met: 2023 R6 - Parramatta 28-22, Accor

Biggest wins:
Parramatta 66-12 (2011, R11 at Leichhardt)
Wests Tigers 33-6 (2004, R12 at Leichhardt)

Next game:
R5: Canberra v Parramatta, GIO
R5: Dolphins v Wests Tigers, Suncorp​

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Easter Monday are always are topsy tervy games, apart from the opening of the stadium a few years ago there hasnt been a blow out for either side. Parras edge defence was horrible against Manly, unfortunately I think they get a few back this week. Moses short kicking game always kills us. If we can play with the same intensity that we did against the sharks we're a chance. Eels likely get the W but if we continue to build I'll be happy.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ballsssssssss this season was looking much better too. 8 weeks with no Moses, that's us f**ked

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am glad Jackson Hastings isn't playing this week.

The sight of him in a Tigers Jersey just give me the shivers after Easter Monday 2 years ago.

The Rosco

Bench
I am glad Jackson Hastings isn't playing this week.

The sight of him in a Tigers Jersey just give me the shivers after Easter Monday 2 years ago.
Yeah, I know how you feel KG.
Fatefully, Moses ain't playing for you guys either. That way, we don't have to look at him.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
With Mitch Moses injured, the Eels will be honouring him by running out to ‘put your hands up in the air’.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It was one of the rare games where both sets of fans were walking home crying.

Parramatta becuase we lost to the hapless tigers.

And the tigers fans were crying tears of joy because they couldnt believe they didn't get there heartbroken again and actually won a game.

I still cant get over that game and how Parra blew it. Started poorly then came back, then you had Mitch Rein going from dummy half, making a half break then dropping the ball. I think that led to the Hastings field goal.

chrisD

Coach
Gutherson is a hinderance at fullback and Parra would be better finding a new fullback and moving him somewhere else in the backs.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I still cant get over that game and how Parra blew it. Started poorly then came back, then you had Mitch Rein going from dummy half, making a half break then dropping the ball. I think that led to the Hastings field goal.
Prick of a match.

Mitch Rein was horrible never played another FG game again.

Moses missed a sitter FG 20m out from in front with a min to go which gave them a 7 tackle set and Hastings nailed his from 40m.

Even though we made the GF that year that game summed up why we just don't have a premiership winning Mentality. You don't lose those games at home.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cartwright is no real loss, Tuilagi is probably better tbh (although that's not a huge feat). Shame Doorey is injured again, if he got a good fit run I think he'd be a good addition.

Moses is massive. I'm concerned if the Tigers play with the intensity they had last week...our kicking game with those halves isn't going to get us out of momentum swings.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Prick of a match.

Mitch Rein was horrible never played another FG game again.

Moses missed a sitter FG 20m out from in front with a min to go which gave them a 7 tackle set and Hastings nailed his from 40m.

Even though we made the GF that year that game summed up why we just don't have a premiership winning Mentality. You don't lose those games at home.

im pretty sure he came on in like the 65th minute, turned it over twice in 5 minutes and was replaced hahaa

was great viewing as a wests fan

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cartwright is no real loss, Tuilagi is probably better tbh (although that's not a huge feat). Shame Doorey is injured again, if he got a good fit run I think he'd be a good addition.

Moses is massive. I'm concerned if the Tigers play with the intensity they had last week...our kicking game with those halves isn't going to get us out of momentum swings.

I thought cartwright had been great this year. Tuilagi is a weapon in the opposition 20, everywhere else hes useless

Moses a huge out. With brown playing 7 he may grow a leg and completely dominate, or he may think he has to manage/kick and go away from what makes him such a good player. He likes to run it on the 4th but he wont be able to as he'll want to be there to kick.

I gave us little to no chance with Moses playing, him being out does give us some though, the betting companies have moved the line 6 points.