What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
He was brought into grade through our junior pathways. Not technically a "home grown" junior but came into grade playing as part of our junior systems. This is true of a lot of clubs these days - the best prospects are pounced on fairly early.
Right, I hear you, sort of how we referred to players as Saab as juniors although he was from the Merrylands region

I hope Zac enjoys being an over-rated also-ran at the Eels, or wherever he winds up. Sick of the drama and sight of the sight of him and (C) Hunt.
Didn't Mary say " fullback was Zac's to lose" and he lasted 1 week. I'd be steering clear of that clown if I was Lomax.
I wonder who we can replace him with. I might look up SuperCoach and see who the 21st best centre is.

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors
After this fiasco with Lomax and his blatent playing favorites, I will respect the coach but wont stand a bar of him.
So you support player power at the club? I'll be supporting the Dragons, not Lomax and his inflated ego. Thanks for the money Zac, look forward to watching you for the rest of 2024, but see ya later. The money, if spent correctly, will give us a better and more balanced roster with one less dickhead in the club

justadragon

Bench
Billy Slater has whacked the Dragons treatment of Lomax as ''double standards'', accusing the club of treating him differently to Hunt after the Red V skipper asked for an immediate release during the 2023 season.

''It's a little bit double standards when you're accepting to or you're open to releasing one sort of player ... but you're not going to look into a Ben Hunt situation. What works for one doesn't work for the other at the moment."
Why doesn't Billy go and ask what his precious Storm would have done, I mean they are the masters of squeaky clean aren't they,,,,stick to commentating numb nuts !!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Billy Slater seems to forget Lomax signed this monster contract 4 years ago. A 6 year deal worth 3 mil. He asked for a release 4 years later. Hunt signed an extension and asked for a around 6-8 months later after his best mate which he would have had some suspicion got sacked. Massive difference.

Plus look at the positions they play. 1 is a spine player and captain mind you the other outside back? Which is harder to replace Billy? Not rocket science. What's Billy to know, spent his career with a coach who did not have to worry about balancing the salary cap and only worry about bending the rules and bringing in a new "tackle technique".

My take on Zac Lomax scenario, for what its worth.

All Journo’s seem to be patting the Dragons on the back as a “Smart Move” – Very weird Journo's backing the club.

All ex-Players cannot fathom Lomax’s decision- even “idiot of the week”

Only criticism is from Billy Slater suggesting Dragon’s double standards releasing Zac compared to Hunt – but you’d expect that from QLD SO coach!

I’ve heard Lomax managers previous form in requesting releases has seen Zac on his inflated contract when the Dragons were rudderless. Reckon Flanno gave Zac & manager 3 options this time round; lead, follow, or f**k off

Seems to me that the good ship RED V is now surging in the right direction.

But most weirdly – Even though Zac’s born and bred local talent, I don’t seem to care that much.

Maybe I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Will be interesting to see if Lomax does cut a deal for himself with another club, stays till the end of 2024 and this so called "best form of his career" continues with us till then.....I'll wait

It just hard to follow 2 players who put themselves above their club, members, fans, sponsors, staff, hundreds of volunteers etc underneath.

Even in their new clubs, they are not going to change who they are.

Add Amone to that roster of the selfish I suppose.

Their legacy is nothing.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My take on Zac Lomax scenario, for what its worth.

All Journo’s seem to be patting the Dragons on the back as a “Smart Move” – Very weird Journo's backing the club.

All ex-Players cannot fathom Lomax’s decision- even “idiot of the week”

Only criticism is from Billy Slater suggesting Dragon’s double standards releasing Zac compared to Hunt – but you’d expect that from QLD SO coach!

I’ve heard Lomax managers previous form in requesting releases has seen Zac on his inflated contract when the Dragons were rudderless. Reckon Flanno gave Zac & manager 3 options this time round; lead, follow, or f**k off

Seems to me that the good ship RED V is now surging in the right direction.

But most weirdly – Even though Zac’s born and bred local talent, I don’t seem to care that much.

Maybe I can see light at the end of the tunnel.
It bemuses me how Slater comes up with the statement re Lomax being released and Hunt isnt....typical comment from one Queenslander defending another.......Slater should be the last to comment coming from the Melbourne Storm set up that imo wernt exactely known for their integrity when it come to salary caps , morals, ethics etc.....

It bemuses me how Slater comes up with the statement re Lomax being released and Hunt isnt....typical comment from one Queenslander defending another.......Slater should be the last to comment coming from the Melbourne Storm set up that imo wernt exactely known for their integrity when it come to salary caps , morals, ethics etc.....
Hip drop and wrestling, powder…

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I think the most likely scenario will be Lomax agrees 3 year deal with a new team initially from 2025 onwards. Suspect Roosters but possibly Parra.

Roosters or Storm don’t need him in 2024, Parra do, so if the latter expect will identify a player or two that could be released early to see Lomax join in 2024.

Lots of background surely done by both sides so likely moves quickly from here..

Then onto Hunt…99% sure he won’t be around 2025. Every one of his statements has him mention 2024, nothing about 2025.
Dolphins or Titans to emerge with 2 year deal to ‘bring Benny home’..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Slater has given Hunt some ammunition now to whinge again to the press about a release. Let's see how this pans out. If he starts now it will really $hit us to tears. Hopefully it won't though as moving Lomax may be something Hunt wanted all along. We will never know but let's hope it stops here in terms of players requesting to leave.

I didn't like the way Lomax riffed on Hook last year (or the year before) on Fox with Fletch and Hindy.
I didn't care much for Hook either, but I thought it was smug, unprofessional and disrespectful. If I'd have been Hook I'd have dropped him.
Thanks for everything, Zac, but I'm sure we can do better.

Latest posts