What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Round 7​

Thu 7:50pmSYD v MELAllianz17,714
Fri 6:00pmSGI v WARWIN13,111
Fri 7:30pmPAR v DOLTIO11,094
Sat 3:00pmPEN v WSTCarrington12,000
Sat 5:30pmGLD v MANCbus Super13,336
Sat 7:35pmBRI v CANSuncorp37,286
Sun 2:00pmCBY v NEWAccor17,784
Sun 4:05pmCRO v NQLPointsbet12,415

Round Total: 134,740 / Average per game 16,843
Season Total: 1,154,754 / Average per game 20,621

Average Home Crowds​

Team AvgGames
Brisbane41,2034
Sydney27,0693
Warriors23,7553
Parramatta23,1424
Dolphins21,5133
Penrith20,8062
South Sydney20,2213
Melbourne19,7154
North Qld18,9282
Newcastle18,9144
Manly17,3332
Wests Tigers16,5662
Canberra14,2043
Gold Coast13,9243
St Geo Illa12,8593
Cronulla12,6783
Canterbury12,3303
* NOTE: excludes neutral games (Las Vegas, Bathurst, Darwin)

yakstorm

First Grade
I know the Panthers are good value, do you think 21000 locals are going to turn up after the rubbish today?
The match would be close to 21K sold now, lower bowl is down to single seats, Southern Grandstand is selling into the last 4 rows, Eastern Grandstand is selling into last 6 rows.

The fact the Cowboys are undefeated at home so far this year might keep the locals hopeful for a few more games.

yakstorm

First Grade
ANZAC Day at Allianz on the verge of sell out. Category 1 & 3 are down to single seats only, Category 2 is very limited.

Looking around Level 4, I could only find about 5 tickets. Whilst I'm sure there will be some releases during the week leading up to Thursday, the game should be set for 40K+

In Melbourne, sideline seats in the lower bowl are sold out or single seats, excluding the corners.

Up high, the Gold seats are selling into rows V - Z (depending which bay you pick) and Silvers are also selling towards the back. This has already outsold the Storm v Warriors crowd earlier in the year and is within reach of a sellout if sales continue at their current pace.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
In Melbourne, sideline seats in the lower bowl are sold out or single seats, excluding the corners.

Up high, the Gold seats are selling into rows V - Z (depending which bay you pick) and Silvers are also selling towards the back. This has already outsold the Storm v Warriors crowd earlier in the year and is within reach of a sellout if sales continue at their current pace.
love that they canned GA areas for this match. A great move, and something I wish the Broncos would do for high drawing fixtures.

I hope it can push towards the high 20s!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Phins' should offer a discounted ticket for this weekend. Tickets are selling slowly, and given that Ponga is highly unlikely, a few neutrals might not be bothered to attend given that the teams are both under strength. Quite a few fans were burned because they bought tickets in advance for the last game only to the see the discounted offer on social media. They might be waiting for the same or similar discount - I would be!

Weather looks like it could be garbage too. A good discount and subsequent sales surge should see 20-22k. Otherwise it might be around 18k.

ouwet

Bench
If the Tiger's somehow beat the Broncos this week coming the following week Dogs V Tiger's (Weather pending) could get 30,000 +

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, give them away for half price or get a meet and greet going so player engagement is higher.
Offering ' a mate for free' or children free is better option to boost crowds for lower drawing games than discounting tickets. All that does is create future expectation of discounts and makes memberships less appealing.

ANZAC Day at Allianz - restricted view tickets now on sale in Level 4 East. Just over 100 tickets on sale to general public (excluding accessible seating). Sell out crowd should be confirmed soon.

Crowd watch at Allianz - ANZAC Day saw the biggest regular season crowd in Sydney in 2023 (40,191), and the second biggest NRL crowd at Allianz 2.0 overall. 2024 should see a bigger crowd owing to the Dragons being in better form. Weather forecast is also looking good (cloudy, but a top of 22).

Could ANZAC Day 2024 challenge the opening game's record crowd figure? Here's the top five NRL crowds at Allianz 2.0:
1713757360995.png

Homebush is full of high rises next to it

Hotels commercials and bars

totally different to the land the scg trust has

Unlike Moore park there would be zero public outcry if the govt sold it

Those high rises were part of the master plan when it was designed. Under the Sydney Olympic Park Authority Act, the land set aside for sporting facilities cannot be sold without the passing of legislation. No MP will go for it. If you doubt me, go read the act yourself.