What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulls’ Burgess in Parra’s sights

diab0lik

Juniors
PARRAMATTA’S audacious spending spree might not be over, with club officials setting their sights on Super League sensation Sam Burgess.
The Eels have already bolstered their roster for next season by signing Timana Tahu, Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton. However, Bradford back-rower Burgess – rated by Bradford Bulls’ teammate Steve Menzies as potentially the best forward in the world – is their latest target.
Burgess, contracted to Bradford until the end of 2010, aspires to test himself in the NRL. His manager, Chris Caisley, revealed the Bulls would consider releasing him next season if a player swap could be arranged.
‘‘He’s definitely a player of interest for us,’’ confirmed Eels chief executive Paul Osborne. ‘‘He’s someone we’re looking at but we’re pretty tight with the [salary] cap."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/burgess-in-parras-sights/2009/08/01/1248977235992.html

maybe we can swap ben smith or todd for him

lucablight

First Grade
eo this is the forward from England there have been whispers about on this forum? Very interesting indeed.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Hmmmm I somehow doubt Bradford will let him go. They would be going near their overseas quota for next year if its a swap.

Still would like him though.

diab0lik

Juniors
hopefully he waits another year and we can get him in 2011 when we can make him a decent offer

yy_cheng

Coach
PARRAMATTA’S audacious spending spree might not be over, with club officials setting their sights on Super League sensation Sam Burgess.
The Eels have already bolstered their roster for next season by signing Timana Tahu, Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton. However, Bradford back-rower Burgess – rated by Bradford Bulls’ teammate Steve Menzies as potentially the best forward in the world – is their latest target.
Burgess, contracted to Bradford until the end of 2010, aspires to test himself in the NRL. His manager, Chris Caisley, revealed the Bulls would consider releasing him next season if a player swap could be arranged.
‘‘He’s definitely a player of interest for us,’’ confirmed Eels chief executive Paul Osborne. ‘‘He’s someone we’re looking at but we’re pretty tight with the [salary] cap."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/burgess-in-parras-sights/2009/08/01/1248977235992.html

maybe we can swap ben smith or todd for him

Would lowrie have a scottish passport or something like that?

I think they would swap Burgess for the next BK!!!

Or could CAYLO be the swap?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why not Galuvao? He's quality, so they would deem it as a quality-quality trade; it'd mean Joe could get a nice, big, fat pay-cheque...

Eelementary

Post Whore
hahah Manly was too far, the UK is really far !! :D

True, but what would be the difference in offers?

Maybe Manly offered, let's say, $75,000.

Going to England, although it's much further, let's say for $100,000, is a better deal - more so if they can look at his great form this season and give him a 2 or 3 year deal.

Don't get me wrong - I love big Joe. But I was thinking in his best interests there. I'd love to have Slammin' Sam Burgess at Parra, too.

yy_cheng

Coach
True, but what would be the difference in offers?

Maybe Manly offered, let's say, $75,000.

Going to England, although it's much further, let's say for $100,000, is a better deal - more so if they can look at his great form this season and give him a 2 or 3 year deal.

Don't get me wrong - I love big Joe. But I was thinking in his best interests there. I'd love to have Slammin' Sam Burgess at Parra, too.

TBH, I would think Joe could do the job too!
But $100K? no way

$250K maybe unless the package includes having his family move there with educational expenses covered and housing covered, $100K is not worth it.

Especially after TAX !!!

But I agree with you. It reminds me of another favourite of mine: DEAN WIDDERS.

Although sad to see him go, I was so happy that he picked up good money from Souths.

Eelementary

Post Whore
TBH, I would think Joe could do the job too!
But $100K? no way

$250K maybe unless the package includes having his family move there with educational expenses covered and housing covered, $100K is not worth it.

Especially after TAX !!!

But I agree with you. It reminds me of another favourite of mine: DEAN WIDDERS.

Although sad to see him go, I was so happy that he picked up good money from Souths.

I only said $100,000 because I thought he was on $55,000 with us? But he's definitely worth at the very least $150,000. Specially in the ESL, where I think he would carve up.

But I sincerely hope we can get Burgess - he'd be a terrific acquisition.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Burgess is a gun, Ellis has been terrific over here for the Tigers there is no reason why Burgess couldn't do the same. I wonder who we would let go though :-k

Pazza

First Grade
this would be awesome, there needs to be more done by the NRL to get some of the best young kids in Europe over here and playing in the NRL!

Latest posts