What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shoplifting claim against Osborne

junior009

Juniors
I'm already pissed at Wollies cause they don't accept visa debit anymore. If it costs them money add a surcharge if they must, but to refuse a card is just crap.

Definately time to boycot

Really??? Are you sure??? Since when???

I used mine there on Monday. If it's changed I shan't be shopping there anymore asthat is all I have

Haynzy

First Grade
I can't see how you could forget either. The scanning machine even prompts you for the different payment methods. Sounds odd to me.

Wasn't the story that he scanned his stuff, scanned his card but forgot to hit ok or something?

If that's the case a pretty simple mistake.

Fathead

Bench
Osborne has admitted he has received an infringement notice, which legally states he has committed a crime. Do the crime, pay the fine!:eek:

Wrong sherlock..
An infringement notice is a direction to attend a court where an examination of the evidence is made.
On this infringement notice there is an allegation.
The defendant can then enter into a plea.
It is NOT a document that legally states he has committed a crime.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
if anything, gives woolies bad publicity scaring off honest people that fear similar repercussion resulting from trying woolies method of not serving customers.

they want to have their cake and eat it too the f**kers

guruminga

Juniors
Really??? Are you sure??? Since when???

I used mine there on Monday. If it's changed I shan't be shopping there anymore asthat is all I have

Happened a few weeks ago here in SA and in NT. Not sure if it's nationwide or not. Woolies and Big W.

We only go there now if they have good specials on huggies nappies, ha ha. I'm a poor student so we can't be too fussy - if the price is right the price is right. :sarcasm:

Uncle Leo

Juniors
Wrong sherlock..
An infringement notice is a direction to attend a court where an examination of the evidence is made.
On this infringement notice there is an allegation.
The defendant can then enter into a plea.
It is NOT a document that legally states he has committed a crime.

Might want to check your facts on that one.!!!!

Fathead

Bench
Might want to check your facts on that one.!!!!

Mate I dont have too. Despite not actually being a lawyer, I come from a family of them ! (bottom dwelling scumbags they are..:D)

To make it easy to understand, think of the infringement notice like a traffic ticket. There is an allegation on this ticket and you can decide to either pay the ticket or contest the matter in a court of law by notification.

Once the receiver is issued with the ticket and contests the matter, a summons is usually issued for them to appear in court.

That should settle it.

Last edited:

bildo

Juniors
if anything, gives woolies bad publicity scaring off honest people that fear similar repercussion resulting from trying woolies method of not serving customers.

they want to have their cake and eat it too the f**kers

They are doing people out of jobs, i won't use them.

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
my mum once walked out of a store with a pizza cutter in her hand, totally forgot she had it ...... never got caught or anything, didn't realise she had it until she got to her car and was then too embarrassed to go back and pay .... we've never let her live it down :badgrin:

but seriously - i was just driving in the car and this was the first news item on their news - fmd! nothing else going on in the world today?

fkn criminals

:lol:

Daneel

Bench
ill line up behind a 100 people at a register before id use that self serve rubbish. My wife uses them and i get cranky about it. At least every second or third time she uses one the thing f*cks up and you need assistance anyway.

Commodore

Juniors
Went to the open training session last night and saw all the tv crews and thought wow! a lot of media interest in a training session!! Didnt realise they were there for Osborne till later that night.What a waste of 3 tv crews!!!

gUt

Coach
It only took the PM being taken down in a bloodless coup to get this major news story off the front page.

strider

Post Whore
How can a solicitor like ozborne not know how to use that scanner the guys a thief.
yeah I'm pretty sure the first thing they teach you in Law 101 is "How to use the Woolies self serve check outs"

btw I didn't know he was a solicitor - thought he was a ex-cop/politician/nrl employee .... not sure when he actually fit in the solicitor bit :-k

Uncle Leo

Juniors
Osborne is not a lawyer. He is an ex cop and as such, would/should know that you must PAY for your groceries at the supermarket.