What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$BW to Roosters in 2013

Lambretta

First Grade
Who'd want that merkin and his white-anting entourage at their club?

It would appear the Roosters

I think we're worried that with Souths being laughed at and Manly winning things again that we're going to lose our mantle as the most disliked club in Rugby League-dom.

This should cement a spot in everyones hearts as the team to hurl abuse at.

It would appear the Roosters

I think we're worried that with Souths being laughed at and Manly winning things again that we're going to lose our mantle as the most disliked club in Rugby League-dom.

This should cement a spot in everyones hearts as the team to hurl abuse at.

Even with this piss-weak excuse for a human being and the dropkicks who hang off his coat tails like wads of toilet paper on arse hair soiling your club, I'll still hate Melbourne and Manly more.

skeepe

Immortal
Interesting that part of this deal includes an on-air role with Channel 9. What happens if (or hopefully, when) they lose the rights?

Ignoring that, why is the host broadcaster helping clubs sign players? Doesn't seem right to me.

innsaneink

Referee
Interesting that part of this deal includes an on-air role with Channel 9. What happens if (or hopefully, when) they lose the rights?

Ignoring that, why is the host broadcaster helping clubs sign players? Doesn't seem right to me.
They'll still have TFS and TSFS....but Im sure they'll be broadcasting at least one game...doubt theyd lose it completely

no name

Coach

He could get a gig driving the Today bus around.

Or it could give him a chance to skip out on another contract.

butchmcdick

Immortal
What do you mean once again? He never was and never will be. He is an over rated injury prone hack who's pretty body can not handle the week to week punishment the NRL dishes out. He is much more suited to the cream puff style of play that union dishes out. Odds on he will be injured within the first few weeks of season 2013.

Oh f**k off and stop trying to rewrite history.

nrlnrl

First Grade

There are a number of current players who have deals with ch9 such as Marshall, Prince & Slater - this has been going on for years. There are also players who have deals with Fox Sports & Channel 10.

Cam Smith has a deal with Fox. Lockyer also, I once read that Fox were paying Lockyer more than what the Broncos were. But how elese could they get all those Origin players under the cap?

Innit. That's why I want the Storm to do well. As if some other clubs weren't at it.

supera

Juniors
i dont have so much of a problem with him coming back. my problem is the amount being mentioned in this article.

you don't get to walk out and then come back demanding to be the highest paid player in the game. i know competitive market forces will largely dictate what he costs, but:

- i dont believe market forces have him as being worth 800k
- the prick should have some humility and help the playing roster at his eventual club by playing for half of that.

mercenary prick. the article is a wank by the way - this has nothing to do with playing the game he loves. it's about cash for $BW. he isn't worth twice what he was worth when he left.

the roosters are doing the game a disservice if they are offering that much.

Flip guys, they'll still show the Footy Show even without having live matches. Maybe Gyngell wants Williams tied up to the Footy Show because he knows he's gonna lose the rights. I read that James Packer and Lachlan Murdoch have invested big money into Ch.10. I've also heard that Ch.9 and Fox will show the NRL, Ch.9 the Kangaroos with Ch.10 having all 3 Origin matches.

Usain Bolt

Bench
i dont have so much of a problem with him coming back. my problem is the amount being mentioned in this article.

you don't get to walk out and then come back demanding to be the highest paid player in the game. i know competitive market forces will largely dictate what he costs, but:

- i dont believe market forces have him as being worth 800k
- the prick should have some humility and help the playing roster at his eventual club by playing for half of that.

mercenary prick. the article is a wank by the way - this has nothing to do with playing the game he loves. it's about cash for $BW. he isn't worth twice what he was worth when he left.

the roosters are doing the game a disservice if they are offering that much.

typical losers mentality

shiznit

Coach
6206022.jpg

looking at this photo you wouldn't believe that you have an NRL club chairman, the CEO of one of the biggest networks in Australia, and a professional athlete and his manager working out a 4 million dollar deal.