What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long can these unconvincing wins go on?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously, we were ordinary in that first half, absolute rubbish.

The second half showed Sheens how the team should be lined up.

Ryan at fullback, Moltzen at 7, Marshall at 6, Humble at 9.

the attack worked so much better. Moltzen's liabilities at fullback were evened out by his performance in the second half, his best game this year (still not good enough, but an improvement)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
well thanks for your sharing your dickheadedness with us all.

Hows about giving us some insight instead of just posting a pissweak post like that you dumb f**k.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, a win is a win, lets not try to be better, lets just scrape home and play like crap.

Don't you want to see your team performing at their best?

I know I do and I know they can do better.

As I said in my OP, the second half showed us all what happens when players are put in their better suited positions. Pity it had to come at the expense of Lawrence, but it has happened.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It was another lucky win against a team with a lot of mistakes in them - thanks Manu. Second half was much better than the first. Woods and Fulton put in all game. Utai was very good in his stint. Politini was doing OK but didn't get a lot of time, I suppose he was there to let Humble have a rest.

R2Coupe

Juniors
We got home because the team followed Sheens' gameplan. With all the injuries and against a grand finalist, it was a very good win.

Aragorn

First Grade
Utai played better than I expected, although he was made to look good by that dipshit Vatuvei...

Juniors
Was a scrappy win but I'll take it. I thought the positives were that Lotes and Keith's performances were best of the year thus far.

Lote made some mistakes in defense but looked hungrier and fitter than he has in a while. Both made some strong runs when we needed them most.

I'm growing more and more impressed with Humble, defended in the front line and was good at Hooker. He should be our long term utility.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Moltzen did not play five eighth, Ayshford did. Though it looked like Moltzen was told to move up in the line more and play as a second five eighth.

The issue is, the above only occurred because Lawrence got injured, not because Sheens realised his f**k up.

Anyway, if we play like that in the second half every week we will do well.

jasonl

Juniors
TigerLoyalty,

Does it bother you that you cannot punctuate?

Lemme guess - you're one of the kids that sat at the back of the bus because you thought you were getting a longer ride.

Madunit, by any reasonable definition is clinically insane, however his insights into this team and club are reasoned, thoughtful and precise.

Try being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Jase

innsaneink

Referee
I thought it was a tough win...our Defense is going well.
Looked like we were getting smashed in the first half, some possesion and penalty in the 2nd helped....but we hung in well at first then over took them well.
A big step in the scheme of a season imo

We've always been shit for the first 2 thirds of the season then great for the last 2 months. Hopefully this season is no different.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd like to watch in on tele to get another look however I though Moltzen showed that he is really quick while at the same time he has troubles catching the ball. Benji at 7 worked well.

And I couldn't believe it but Blair looked like he made a couple of decent runs.

AB129*

Juniors
Seriously, we were ordinary in that first half, absolute rubbish.

The second half showed Sheens how the team should be lined up.

Ryan at fullback, Moltzen at 7, Marshall at 6, Humble at 9.

the attack worked so much better. Moltzen's liabilities at fullback were evened out by his performance in the second half, his best game this year (still not good enough, but an improvement)

Is Lawrence at fullback a chance?

He hasn't been in the best nick, but he's your best ballrunner outside Marshall. Get the ball in his hands with some space in front of him. Its worked for Souths, it worked for the Broncos at half time against the Dogs a couple of years ago (2006?) in a semi final- Hodges won the game for them and then the granny.

Reddy and Ayshford are both NRL centres so you don't lose much there. Tuqiri and Ryan on the wings. Moltzen to 6 or 7, doesn't matter which.

Rich102

Staff member
Serious question.
I know it was wet but is that surface always that slippery?

Tiger05

First Grade
Benji at 7 works. In some ways it suits his game more.

Moltzen at 6 is a weapon. At fullback he could be a great player but the simple fact is that he has troubles catching the footy - I don't see why we should be playing him there. We need safety first.

Ryan has basically been our best player this season however he also had troubles catching it last night. That try he scored though was real quality stuff.

Utai based on how hard he runs that ball should be in the team.

1. Ryan (but hope like f**k he doesn't get the dropsies).
2. Utai
3. Ayshford/Reddy
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Moltzen
7. Benji

The back 3 will get us going forward and should finish chances. The problem is speed. Benji, Moltzen and Lawrence are all good to go but ideally we'd have at least one other flyer.

Maybe next season when Tedesco comes back and Lote retires we will have a back line that can really win us some games.

I'm with madunit on this one, they need to change things and fast. They have had a few wins like Parra & Titans where they didn't deserve to.

IMO the forwards are going OK considering they have been without Heighno, Ellis & Farah for how many games?

The were some positives last night (Lote played well, even Blair was running harder and I thought Ayshford had his best game for the year) but for me, the biggest negative was Sheens, my thinking was:

Lawrence held on until half time so they had time to think about the backline for those minutes and the break, the arm chair coach, that would be me, moved Humble to 7 and Benji to 6 done, easy and they had played there together, it would have meant throwing the kid into 9 and so what, look at the kids playing for the Warriors but no, Sheens brings on Utai and moved the right hand side in 1.

Moltzen, please, 1 good try does not make a season, did he let any high balls bounce again? yes, but to be fair, he did run the ball back harder than I'd seen him for some time.

What will the super coach do next week as Lawrence is reportedly out for a few weeks? leave the backline as per the one that finished last night? Hopefully, it's Humble to 7, Benji to 6.

PS Tiger05, is that your or you're as in you are? Maybe you are the ;-)

Latest posts