What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

MattYg1

Bench
Winger takes intercept, immediately chips into touch. Faaaaaark!

HAHAHA... when this happens to me I pretend in my head that i just knocked on in the attempt to intercept it makes it easier to swallow lol..

Broadcast Far is by far the best angle to play it on... actually allows you to see your teams depth while attacking and in defence gives you a better spacial indication of who is where...

Utey

Coach
I hate that broadcast angle, it's just awkward to use.

I use the End Far angle, allows a broad coverage of the line.

Parra Pride

Coach
Ok, I can live with giving intercepts when I throw a stupid pass, but I can't live with it when I pass to a player running an inside line and the outside defender magically has the ball and sprints 80 to score.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

When the Comp is throwing the ball around I keep an eye out for it and if I'm pressing a tackle button when the camera spins, I hold the button down for dear life and hope I get tackled before I boot the bejesus out of it.

Special K

Coach
Just played on xboxlive my first game.. Some nine ball kept doing short kick offs and I got pinned for a bunch of penalties(can't hold down online!) but ended up winning with 2 minutes left thanks to superstar John Williams.

If the dude who was the storm that I beat you can take your short kick offs and suck it.

edit - I also just pretend I "dropped it" when I kick it out of an intercept lol

bileduct

Coach
I'm still finding the learning curve on this game to be really steep. Amateur isn't a challenge whatsoever, your dudes just brush off defenders at will. You don't even have to fend. But I'm finding it extremely difficult to score points on rookie mode. It punishes every mistake you make... intercepts or wayward passes lead to tries, etc.

Just threw a pass to Ferguson and the f**ker runs into touch. I guess they got that bit right.

gypsy

Bench
How do you score any decent tries?
I just seem to rely on a tackle break or bad defence. Haven't come up with anything close to a set play, or anything pleasing to watch.

Can't believe there is no manual replays either. This is surely a must in any sports game, and yes, even ARL '96 had them.

Piss poor effort all in all.

natheel

Coach
Just played an awesome grand final

Warriors v cowboys (me)

2015 so I had some new players

1. Inglis
2. Morris
3. Martin (rookie)
4. Robinson
5. Yow Yeh
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Segayaro
10. Tamou
11. Sims
12. Annear
13. Lewis
14. Buhrer
15. Taumalolo
16. Terepo
17. King (Rookie)

I won

25-22

Last minute try to inglis off a perfect cut out from Evans

azsportza

Live Update Team
For those who are having difficulty playing. My advice is to play it like a proper game of League. Using the forwards and the centres to gain metres.

If you are playing from the behind camera, set it to "End Far" - you can see much more of the field to see holes in the defence which you can line up the runners and pass. I have scored a number of good tries from grubber kicks but using Marshall to kick through the line and the chasers race in.

Someone

Bench
Just played an awesome grand final

Warriors v cowboys (me)

2015 so I had some new players

1. Inglis
2. Morris
3. Martin (rookie)
4. Robinson
5. Yow Yeh
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Segayaro
10. Tamou
11. Sims
12. Annear
13. Lewis
14. Buhrer
15. Taumalolo
16. Terepo
17. King (Rookie)

I won

25-22

Last minute try to inglis off a perfect cut out from Evans

someone needs a visit from the auditor.

bileduct

Coach
Finally won a f**kin' game on rookie! 24 - 17 over the Sharkies.

Starting to get a much better feel for it now. I didn't realise how early you could set up your passes from dummy half. I don't feel like I am mashing the controls so much anymore.

Flat cut out pass to second or third receiver, sprint, fend, offload is working quite well. Also finding that taking a less is more approach in defence is helping. Rather than trying to control the nearest player all the time and make every tackle I usually just use second marker to cover dummy half and first receiver runs, occasionally switch to other players as needed.

redvscotty

First Grade
Played my first online game last night, was up 16 - 12 against the Roosters and got lapped by the end to make it 16 - 30. Peni Tagive was their best player ffs.

redvscotty

First Grade
Actually the one shining light in my first online game was Hornby from the back of the scrum down the shortside to Nightingale and Hornby taking it to the line for a short pass to Sowie to run 40 metres and put it under the posts.

Actually reminded me of a few games throughout the last few season apart from the flogging.

Hornby getting 2 try assists.... who would have thought.

Pierced Soul

First Grade

i have that a lot- go for a tackle, get the ball and boot it. great f**king control scheme...

Ok, I can live with giving intercepts when I throw a stupid pass, but I can't live with it when I pass to a player running an inside line and the outside defender magically has the ball and sprints 80 to score.

another quality bout of programming by people who obviously have no idea of rugby league or simple physics

For those who are having difficulty playing. My advice is to play it like a proper game of League. Using the forwards and the centres to gain metres.

well i find my props stand out wider than my centres so that makes it hard to do.

is it possible to even tackle the computers kicker cos when they set up for a kick my players go into slowmo.

played it for the 2nd time last night, i actually think i'm finding more flaws with it....