What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dunno. You might have been one of these guys who say he's the worst halfback ever. And he's obviously not.

He's average, which means he's better than half the number 7s on NRL contracts, and worse than the other half. He's certainly the best in our club, or at least he was until Norman joined.

Parra Pride

Coach
Yep, spot on. I suspect a number of senior wingers would have looked pretty ordinary in our team over the past couple of years. Might have been a bit more solid under the high ball I guess.

Go back watch the early part of 2012, Sio was fairly safe under the high ball. His confidence was quickly gone however, losing week after week will do that to most players.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thought Sio went ok in 2013 yeah he dropped a few bombs but gee I dare say being as shit as we were the opposition had above average opportunities to put pressure on our wingers. Look are Souths/sharks there 2-5 are pretty bloody average but didn't look to bad - I bet Souths/sharks would love to have our backline talent

EelsFan05

Bench
Dunno. You might have been one of these guys who say he's the worst halfback ever. And he's obviously not.

He's average, which means he's better than half the number 7s on NRL contracts, and worse than the other half. He's certainly the best in our club, or at least he was until Norman joined.

Gee you're reading from a different hymn sheet. Daly M rookie of the year, emerging QLD squad, personally recommended by Wayne Bennett, endless statisics... Ringing any bells? Or are you preparing you defence for Sandows inevitable dropping from the squad again this year?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gee you're reading from a different hymn sheet. Daly M rookie of the year, emerging QLD squad, personally recommended by Wayne Bennett, endless statisics... Ringing any bells? Or are you preparing you defence for Sandows inevitable dropping from the squad again this year?

I'm calling him average because of his defence. In attack and kicking he is far ahead of most halfbacks.

Do you disagree he received plenty of accolades before coming to Parramatta?

EelsFan05

Bench
I'm calling him average because of his defence. In attack and kicking he is far ahead of most halfbacks.

This is the first time, I can remember, that you've ever said Sandow is an average player.

IFR33K

Coach

Sandows' always been an inconsistant player, whichever team he decides to play for. He will never be a dominate playmaker in the DCE or thurston mould. He is an above average player at best, but probably being paid on par with the best of them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wouldn't call DCE a dominant playmaker. He's an excellent player, much like Cooper Cronk, and also like Cronk he has always played in strong teams, with other playmakers to take pressure off them.

Thurston certainly is a dominant playmaker, as was Benji Marshall prior to 2013. Shaun Johnson comes closer to these two than Cronk or Cherry-Evans, but once again, he doesn't play in such a strong team.

Could also be because Johnson is a liability in defence, where DCE and Cronk are good defenders (for halfbacks).

EelsFan05

Bench
I've always said he has strengths and weaknesses. How is that not average?

That's called identifying strengths and weaknesses. If you want to call someone average you usually call them average. One of your typical around the block convoluted methods of trying to prove a point without proving anything.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Funny how widdop got the big contract at the dragons because of some good efforts with the storm however if it wasn't for Kelly's injuries it is unlikely he would have been the storms first choice at 5/8. Kellt would have had the opportunity to ease into the nrl in a top side yet now he is struggling to establish himself at the wooden spooners

I don't rate widdop that highly - funny how luck plays a big part in a players career. It is quite possible Kelly would now have a big contract and widdop struggling to establish himself if Lady Luck worked differently.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's called identifying strengths and weaknesses. If you want to call someone average you usually call them average. One of your typical around the block convoluted methods of trying to prove a point without proving anything.

But because Sandow's strengths are so strong and his weaknesses so weak, calling him average doesn't tell the entire story.

Trent Hodkinson is also average. And he's a very different player to Chris Sandow.

Jason70

Juniors
I wouldn't call DCE a dominant playmaker. He's an excellent player, much like Cooper Cronk, and also like Cronk he has always played in strong teams, with other playmakers to take pressure off them.

Thurston certainly is a dominant playmaker, as was Benji Marshall prior to 2013. Shaun Johnson comes closer to these two than Cronk or Cherry-Evans, but once again, he doesn't play in such a strong team.

Could also be because Johnson is a liability in defence, where DCE and Cronk are good defenders (for halfbacks).

I think Bunji was long gone before 2013. The moment Ben Smith ran him down in 2011 was a good indicator he was on the slide then.

Totally agree what u say about DCE, he is close to the best player in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.