What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Journeymen

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Apologies if this thread has been done before, however I'm curious which players have been the true journeymen of our great game. Names that come to mind are Gary Freemen, Brett Kimmorley, Richie Fa'aoso and Arana taumata.

I'm keen to find out how many different clubs some players played for, compared to the amount of years they played at the top level.

Julian O'Neill?
Brisbane
London
Western Reds
Souths
North Qld
Wigan
Widnes
Wakefield

Tyran Smith comes to mind too.

TheDalek079

Bench
I remember reading an article (think it was in the NZ Herald to celebrate Price or Wiki getting to 300 games) which described Luke Ricketson as a journeyman

Springs

First Grade
David Kidwell was at Adelaide, Parramatta, Warrington, Roosters, Melbourne and Souths and he's now coached at Souths, Storm and Tigers.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Richie Fa'aoso comes to mind.

Penrith, Roosters, Parra, Newcastle, Melbourne, Manly.

John Elias I know played for Newtown, Souths, Canterbury, Wests, Roosters, Balmain, a few clubs in France, and I think mightve played in Brisbane at one stage.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember reading a few years back about a guy who at the age of 31 had only ever had 1 year contracts offered?

Adam peek or Craig Stapleton or someone like that.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kevin Campion (6 clubs)
Gold Coast
St.George
Adelaide
Brisbane
Warriors
North Queensland

Tyran Smith (7 clubs)
Souths
Hunter
North Queensland
Warriors
Balmain
Wests Tigers
Canberra

John Elias (6 Clubs)
Newtown
Souths
Wests
Canterbury
Easts
Balmain

Phil Blake (6 clubs)
Manly
Souths
Norths
Canberra
St.George
Warriors

Dale Shearer (6 clubs)
Manly
Brisbane
Gold Coast
South Queensland
Roosters
North Queensland

Gibbo

Juniors
Darrien Doherty

1990 Penrith Panthers
1993–1994 Western Suburbs
1995 Sydney Bulldogs
1996 Illawarra Steelers
1997 Hunter Mariners
1998 Adelaide Rams
1999–2000 North Queensland

Arana Taumata...

bottle

Coach
Jeremy Smith is at his fourth club.
Not as diverse a selection as some others but more contemporary.
Beau Henry is still young. Could join more clubs if Bennett keeps following him around.

Richie Fa'aoso comes to mind.

Penrith, Roosters, Parra, Newcastle, Melbourne, Manly.

John Elias I know played for Newtown, Souths, Canterbury, Wests, Roosters, Balmain, a few clubs in France, and I think mightve played in Brisbane at one stage.

Souths Magpies under Wayne Bennett. Won a premiership too with them when they beat Wynnum Manly in 1985.

kdalymc

Bench
Shit thread.
Why not just call it "who has played for a f**k load of clubs"
Some of these guys are pathetic. Some are legends.

firechild

First Grade
No mention of Joe G?

Warriors, Panthers, Eels, Souffs, Manly. Premierships at 2 and grand finalist at another. Quite a successful journeyman.

Sleep

Juniors
Arana Taumata was the first that came to mind for me. Played for about 12 clubs in three years.

Is he still in the league? I remember after Penrith threw him a lifeline and tried to help him out he decided to bail anyhow. No doubt to become a brain surgeon or rocket scientist. :lol:

Latest posts