What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“True Fans”

Are you a ticketed member?

• No

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • 6 game pass

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • 12 game pass

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Interstate member

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
I’ve noticed the ugly “true fan” insult is the order of the day again around here when someone has the audacity to question the teams performance.

So was just wondering who will out themselves as not actually paying thier hard earned money to see the team play every week.
I’ve been paying my membership every year for the last ten years, family pass to the 5/6 Kogarah home games.
I think that gives me the right to voice my opinion on any topic I feel like.
I go to all the games I have a ticket to, and occasionally some I don’t, I buy the kids the club jumper every time they grow out of one, the club gets my money win lose or draw.
I watch every game on TV that I can’t get to, even when I think they will lose I still sit in front of the Tele cheering or yelling.

So to the usual trolls, don’t lie, admit if you don’t actually pay the club money to see the games.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I’ve noticed the ugly “true fan” insult is the order of the day again around here when someone has the audacity to question the teams performance.

So was just wondering who will out themselves as not actually paying thier hard earned money to see the team play every week.
I’ve been paying my membership every year for the last ten years, family pass to the 5/6 Kogarah home games.
I go to all the games I have a ticket to, and occasionally some I don’t, I buy the kids the club jumper every time they grow out of one, the club gets my money win lose or draw.
I watch every game on TV that I can’t get to, even when I think they will lose I still sit in front of the Tele cheering or yelling.

So to the usual trolls, don’t lie, admit if you don’t actually pay the club money to see the games.

Good for you BGB.

This place is great, free speech for all.

giboz71

First Grade
Relax dude.

No one is questioning anyone’s loyalty to the Dragons. As I said elsewhere, pretty sure everyone here loves the team.

But it’s a forum and everyone loves being right and giving it to people who are wrong.

You don’t think if it had been the other way around that the usual suspects (who are strangely quiet this week) would have been out in force calling for Mary’s sacking and sprouting the usual bile about how shit the club is?

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion I agree. I just found it strange in the week we were playing our first finals game in 3 years we were tearing down the team instead of getting behind them. And given we won 1 less game than the minor premiers and led the comp for most of the year, I considered us a big chance to knock over the Broncos. But our own fans kept writing us off.

As others have said, plenty of time to talk about what is wrong with the clubs when the season is over. And there are things wrong with the club which need fixing.

But right now, why don’t we all get behind the team. Surely after last weeks effort, Mary and the boys have earnt our support?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I have never paid for anything, always sneak into the ground.
I steal the pies.
I bludge beers.
Every Xmas dopey relatives buy me a Saints jersey, on Boxing Day I burn it on the BBQ.
I curse every player.
I feel sorry for you all.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

You planning on eating that chip on your shoulder?

I have never paid for anything, always sneak into the ground.
I steal the pies.
I bludge beers.
Every Xmas dopey relatives buy me a Saints jersey, on Boxing Day I burn it on the BBQ.
I curse every player.
I feel sorry for you all.

I just burn the kids jumpers, keeps them in line.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I reckon this thread has the potential to be made into a movie..

1z2nnrb.jpg

Vinnie

Juniors
These sites are set up for supporter to voice their opinions and general discussions and EXACTLY THAT !! Nobody has to try and outdo anyone else, my only wish and hope is that our coaching staff and management staff actually took the time to come on and see what the fans are saying.
You never know some of us might have some good ideas and advices that could be used.

Bench
I used to attend all home games and always got to Kogarh to watch the three grades, get a couple of hot dogs which had been simmering for two weeks and a copy of rugby league week. I also used to go to away games, not all but a few.
In 2000 I went to live in America, came back in 2016 and first thing got my drivers licence and a car to go see the boys play again,
Unfortunately my doctor cancelled my licence due to my medical issues and not having driven here in over 15 years.
So my only recourse is to watch the games on Fox. That's life....bummer

I used to attend all home games and always got to Kogarh to watch the three grades, get a couple of hot dogs which had been simmering for two weeks and a copy of rugby league week. I also used to go to away games, not all but a few.
In 2000 I went to live in America, came back in 2016 and first thing got my drivers licence and a car to go see the boys play again,
Unfortunately my doctor cancelled my licence due to my medical issues and not having driven here in over 15 years.
So my only recourse is to watch the games on Fox. That's life....bummer
You should get back there, some of those pre 2000 hot dogs are still waiting for you.

ouryears

Bench

Well said mate.
I have supported and backed our team over many decades, through good times and through bad.

I have witnessed heartbreaking losses and many great wins. I have had sleepness nights, nights where I've had to console my 7 yr old kids at the time after going to games where we were thrashed, and also celebrated great wins with them.

The only thing I won't tolerate is if I see our team throwing in the towel or not showing up.

So yes, true loyal supporters analyse and criticise performance but also give heaps of recognition for great efforts.

Don't listen to those few that say we have no right.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
6 Game pass member here. Try to go to away games as well that are close by, Personally I prefer to go to games that don't involve Saints as they are much easier to watch. I am a fan of League as well as the Mighty Dragons.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to be on this forum you are a fan (some trolls of course). Why would you be posting if you were not? Would you really waste time going to a forum to give an opinion on something you don't care about? If so you have way too much time on your hands.

To me true fans are ones that have an emotional connection with the club when the go well and bad. Feel great all week after a win or pi$$ed off big time after a loss. Ones that know players inside out as well as juniors. Ones that can rattle off their history of achievements and list all their players even the 1 hit wonders like Burt Gordon.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
3 game flexi pass member but been to about 4 other extra games this year as well. Used to be 6 game member with the rest of the family. What does it matter? We are all supporters one way or another.

Latest posts