What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

04/05: the season of inter

half

Coach
cassano temper tantrums, totti spitting - they act like precious divas

inter and roma essentially won the same thing last season - qualification to the champions league. but whereas roma stumbed, inter roared home at the end of the season. look set for that form to continue

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
cassano temper tantrums, totti spitting - they act like precious divas

inter and roma essentially won the same thing last season - qualification to the champions league. but whereas roma stumbed, inter roared home at the end of the season. look set for that form to continue

:lol:

Cassano tempers? Yes, and what did it result in? The best form of his career. He was always under control. It's called a good club atmosphere. Inter should try it some time. ;-)

Totti spitting? Which Roma jersey did he do that in? :shock:

There is nothing wrong with discipline at Roma. There is ALOT wrong at Inter. It's just something you'll have to live with, eh.

And did Inter roaring home at the end of the season include that 4-1 loss to Roma. :lol: Surely not?

half

Coach
i'll just do what roma fans did the season before and blame it on the refs. and a big juventus/ac milan conspiracy

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
i'll just do what roma fans did the season before and blame it on the refs. and a big juventus/ac milan conspiracy

We only had to do that once. Inter have to think of an excuse every season. :lol:

In all seriousness, we were ripped off in season 2002/03 and anyone who watched us play would agree. The Juve/AC Milan conspiracy is another matter, but they ALWAYS get the decisions to go their way. Conspiracy? Possibly, but that's a matter of opinion.

Craig

Juniors
Well what about Roma fans throwing stuff at Dida and causing trouble when they played Merda at the San Siro to decide the Scudetto?

Craig

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Cassano tempers? Yes, and what did it result in? The best form of his career. He was always under control. It's called a good club atmosphere. Inter should try it some time. ;-)

Ah yes the Cassano dummy spit.

Capello tells him no more trying to back heel the ball because he is not Maradona, and then walks off in a stroppy mood.

Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
why has roma never won the champions league?

Roma have never been a major European force. We play better in Serie A than in Europe, but that will change this season. But in saying this, we have still managed to be better than Inter in recent times.

Why have Inter spent billions to win a TIM Cup and become the laughing stock of Italy? ;-)

Why can't Inter produce good juniors who can cut it with the first team?

If you can answer these, you're a genius.

half

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Why have Inter spent billions to win a TIM Cup and become the laughing stock of Italy? ;-)

inter has also won the hearts of many soccer fans, including myself and craig

and inter does more than its fair share to support the development of youth not only in italy, but for underprivileged kids across the world. and let's keep it real, we are talking about the elite level of soccer here. top teams may have one or two juniors in the squad, but i doubt you'll find many with more

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
hybrid_tiger said:

inter has also won the hearts of many soccer fans, including myself and craig

and inter does more than its fair share to support the development of youth not only in italy, but for underprivileged kids across the world. and let's keep it real, we are talking about the elite level of soccer here. top teams may have one or two juniors in the squad, but i doubt you'll find many with more

You forgot that they have won the laughter of many football supporters all around the world. ;-)

And the Italian Olympic Squad was named yesterday, with 5 Roma players, and 0 Inter players. Paint's quite a picture. :D

Mad Dogg

Juniors
half said:
and let's keep it real, we are talking about the elite level of soccer here. top teams may have one or two juniors in the squad, but i doubt you'll find many with more
<----------------

:p

half

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
And the Italian Olympic Squad was named yesterday, with 5 Roma players, and 0 Inter players. Paint's quite a picture. :D
the thing is, i don't care about the italian olympic squad

but how long have those 5 players been playing for roma anyway?

and put simply, inter has players from more countries than roma

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
hybrid_tiger said:
the thing is, i don't care about the italian olympic squad

but how long have those 5 players been playing for roma anyway?

and put simply, inter has players from more countries than roma

That's yet ANOTHER problem with Inter. More than half their squad is not even Italian. They are full of foreigners, which is another reason they are a laughing stock.

To build a strong foundation you should be able to produce solid juniors from the country that you are based in. Inter cannot do this.

In regards to your question:
- Pelizzoli has been at Roma for 3 seasons (Bought from Atalanta)
- De Rossi has been at Roma since his youth days
- Aquilani (as above)
- Bovo (as above)
- Zotti (as above)

4 out of 5 players, all came through the Roma youth system.