What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: GFQ1 Fri :: Sharks 0 Storm 28 @ SFS (CRO eliminated)

Grand Finalist #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
Why are the Storm the GF favorites according to Ikin all of a sudden- they weren't entirely convincing against a team that played horribly...I don't see how that game played them into the position of 'favorites'

adamkungl

Immortal
Why are the Storm the GF favorites according to Ikin all of a sudden- they weren't entirely convincing against a team that played horribly...I don't see how that game played them into the position of 'favorites'

Because Ikin is a clueless sh*tforbrains pisspoor excuse for a commentator.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade

Oh gee...lets see..um..becuase despite not completely playing at their best they are still winning, and that is what counts the most.

Oh well Sharks gotta wait another year. Pity but nevermind.

Daddycool

Juniors
Very hard to get an accurate read on that game. The Sharks looked very nervous and just never settled.

The Storm looked disjointed and at times very tired, but still scored 16 relatively easy points in the first half.
The second half was all about defense for the Storm. They had to just keep the Sharks out for as long as possible.

Credit where it's due. They are a fabulous defensive team. The Sharks threw everything they had at them and couldn't score. Then when the Sharks had nothing left, the Storm ran in a couple more.

Without being too harsh, it's fair to say the Sharks didn't offer up too much tonight. It's a poor end to a good season. They should be stronger next year, though.

Meth

Staff member
Oh gee...lets see..um..becuase despite not completely playing at their best they are still winning, and that is what counts the most.

I haven't been around here very long and I am not familiar with you- but I don't really trust a person's opinion on Rugby League when they cite their location as being 'snuggled up with Ravs, Witty and Wadeo'

Don't talk to me again

Scorpio30

Bench
I haven't been around here very long and I am not familiar with you- but I don't really trust a person's opinion on Rugby League when they cite their location as being 'snuggled up with Ravs, Witty and Wadeo'

Don't talk to me again

Oh come on dude...you want her number huh....dont play hard to get, just PM her.

Shorty

Staff member

Don't talk to me again
:lol::lol:

You're a class act Meth,good to see.

As for BRF,she's been on prolonged pms and has been snappy at everyone..even when they are on the same side of the argument.
Poor girl.

Okay...these are my observations and of course the anti Storm brigade will be out this week but here goes:

Cronulla thought that all they had to do was turn up and they would win - Kimmorley and Gallen revving up the crowd when they ran out showed lack of concentration and focus. Leave it for when you are in front ??.

The Sharks attack lacked penetration and too many times it went to Fraser Anderson who simply ran an angle and got picked off by Geyer or Folau.

You cannot blame the likes of Nutley for dropped balls...this happens and is part of the game.

I honestly expected Cronulla to take this game and their attack let them down.

Archer and the touchies were average...a Geyer "grapple"...what a joke !!.

Turner stripping the ball off Covell...likewise.

salvy71

Juniors
isnt ross from the dragons? there been all that stuf in the paper about white and ross being mates at dragons before leaving for storm and storm. Don't tarnish penriths rep further than it has by clinton!

Ben Ross was Joel Clintons front row partner in the 2003 grand final .

adamkungl

Immortal

I still don't believe the likes of Morely, Cayless, Crocker, Ricketson were beaten by a forward pack that included Ross and f**king Clinton. f**k me dead

salvy71

Juniors
As a long suffering Parra fan I find it very easy to recognise a team choking in a big game , after 5 minutes of this game I texted my mate and told him the Sharks have choked - they are gone .
Disorganised , nervous , bumbling and fumbling their way through the entire game that performance seemed very similar to Parra's 2005 effort.
The Storm are a champion team , and they will fight for the premiership in next weeks game ......but I don't think Manly or the Warriors will put on as inept a display as the Sharks did tonight .
Bad luck sharkie fans ....I know what it's like to feel your pain ....but at least I've seen 4 premierships in my lifetime . lol
There's always next year folks !!
Good luck to the Storm next week .

salvy71

Juniors
I still don't believe the likes of Morely, Cayless, Crocker, Ricketson were beaten by a forward pack that included Ross and f**king Clinton. f**k me dead

Panthers were a damn good team that year ....Minor Premiers - but me thinks the Roosters took them lightly in that Grand Final and paid the price .

Big Pete

Referee
Panthers were a damn good team that year ....Minor Premiers - but me thinks the Roosters took them lightly in that Grand Final and paid the price .

Not to mention their forward pack was a definate surprise packet.

Joel Clinton - One of the up and coming props in the NRL. Lead the Panthers to an earlier win against the Roosters that season.

Martin Lang - A player who played with truly no fear.

Tony Puletua - One of the most destructive players when he was "on". Very rarely was Puletua "off" in the 03 season and it showed as he punished teams on will week in week out.

Joe Galavou - Tony's right hand man and fellow bash brother. Played his heart out all season and continually tried to one up Puletua which was a sheer joy for Panthers fans and general Rugby League fans a like.

Scott Sattler - The glue that held it all together.

Then a bench with:

Ben Ross, Trent Waterhouse, Luke Swain, Shane Rodney.

With that said though the real difference was in the rakes. Luke Priddis played one of his best games to score the win for the Panthers which ultimately lead to this discussion. ;-)

Tommax25

Bench

wasnt ross off the bench? langy was clintons partner. and the point was that ross isnt a penrith junior, and im sure he's not, hes a queenslander and was at the dragons before penrith.

IMO the likes of Covell and Pommeroy were totally played out of the game by the tight defence of Folau and co.

They attacked Turner's wing but Turner just got up in their faces and stopped this quickly...

Garts

Bench
Okay...these are my observations and of course the anti Storm brigade will be out this week but here goes:

Cronulla thought that all they had to do was turn up and they would win - Kimmorley and Gallen revving up the crowd when they ran out showed lack of concentration and focus. Leave it for when you are in front ??.

The Sharks attack lacked penetration and too many times it went to Fraser Anderson who simply ran an angle and got picked off by Geyer or Folau.

You cannot blame the likes of Nutley for dropped balls...this happens and is part of the game.

I honestly expected Cronulla to take this game and their attack let them down.

Archer and the touchies were average...a Geyer "grapple"...what a joke !!.

Turner stripping the ball off Covell...likewise.

I can not believe so many picked the Sharks. I could not think of 1 single reason. It is ok to hate a team but I do not understand how it can cloud someones judgement so much.

Anyway I am glad Melbourne got through. If Manly win I want to inflict some revenge from last year :D

Latest posts